Home

Old 10-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: I'm back!

With the running, I was having the same problem as everyone else, 90's linemen, and a 90 rb but 1.5-2.5 ypc. I found that my guards were 90+, but had 80 or lower run block strength. I swapped them out for a couple back-ups (83, 79) that happened to be 90+ run block strength. I`ve been consistantly breaking bigger gains, 3-4 ypc, and when set-up well, 7-12 yard gains.

The RBS seems to overide play knowledge and even awareness.

You guys may want to try this. If its the solution, it would certainly add much more depth to player selection and the process behind building an effective run game.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

I know in Madden RBL and PBL ratings are just old artifact ratings that don't do anything. PBS/RBS is the ability to stop the PMV, and PBF/RBF is the ability to stop the FMV. STR accounts of overpowering defenders and IMB is downfield blocking, not off the LOS.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:28 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 8

I am actually not having much trouble running the ball. I'm in my first season with the Bears, who have an okay line and a good RB in Matt Forte. I'm 7-3 and have had three 100 yard games, a couple other decent 70-80 yard games, and a few games where I struggled to get the running game going.

Since the patch, I have noticed that my RBs take better paths -- blatantly missing holes or running backwards has been reduced quite a bit.

I really dig the game.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #20
Rookie

Frog-Face-Frown's Arena

OVR: 2

Hello Josh, Welcome back.

Here are some Post patch Ps-3 (60 gig version) Issues that have been noted since the patch, this is during regular game play (non-simulation)...

Punting: the best punters are only getting 35-40 yards per kick even if your punter is 99 Punting Power and 99 Punting Accuracy.

Kicking: no field go goals beyong 35 yards, if it's over 35 yards, everytime the kicker will miss it. There is no accuracy beyond 35 yards even if you have the best kicker in the league with 99 kicking Power and 99 kicking Accuracy.

Depth Chart issue special teams Human and comp teams: I see every starting QB. for each team always playing on special teams.

Freeze issue still remains: Occurs when Adam Schefter pops up follwed by loss of sound, then game freezes.

Same with GM poping up during draft for "trading Down or trading up" loss of sound, then freeze. These freezes occur randomly but are definetly happening after Schefter or GM pop up followed by loss of sound, then Freeze - game lockup.
Freezes have consitantly caused my PS-3 to reboot when I try to close game after it has frozen - locked up and I'm not happy about it causing my PS-3 to reboot.

Running outside almost impossible, Inside running limited due to defense going right through the O-line and tackling RB or QB in the backfield happens almost every other play.. Yes, I've tested run blocking and running back AI with the best O-line's with various teams. RB's can't seem to find any holes and often stop and juke when no one is even in front of them.

RFA Tenders-signing still broken for end of season 1. They do work at the end of seasion 2 so I know it's a bug.

Wacky AI decisions: example Comp team scores touchdown, I get called for pass interfearence, comp elects to accept the pass interfearence penalty instead of declining it and having the touchdown....

Alot of players standing still and not moving during plays. Even the most unlearned LB, DE, or DT would eventually try to tackle the QB or RB during a play instead of just stand in one spot usually within a few yards of the line of scrimmage. Alot of magnetic passing DB's seem clueless an coverage. Again I tested this with mutliple teams.

I wish I could save replays and could show you the bad AI or QB's playing on special teams, but we don't have that option.

Lastly it's just too easy to win, I took Lions to Superbowl in year 2 and won it. comps give up give away players too easily via trades and don't bench poorly performing QB's.

Terrible O-Line Blocking AI... I got 22 sacks with my D-Line with Lions on Drew Brees during the Lions versus Saints in the NFC conference Championship game in year 2!!!!

D-Line AI should adjust to stopping goal-line QB sneak more as I can run this repeatedly play after play since that's the only running play that a comp's Defense can't seem to stop.

O-line AI is just terrible on both Comp and Human O-line AI lacks making any adjustments versus blitzing DE's DT's and LB's.

Looking forward to having these issues addressed and resolved.

Regards and congradulations on your recent marriage, Sincerely Frog-Face-Frown...
Old 10-21-2008, 10:53 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
1. Personnel
(The AI is not reading the personnel coming out. On the play screen it says 2HB with 2WR, but when my opponents comes out on the field, they are in a 4WR set. I can't nor my DC call the right personnel. We are always at a mismatch. It seems the AI is going by tendencies instead of personnel. This is a game killer because you can't have a fair game. Most of our personnel is not matching.)
I think that's intentional. It's pretty clearly written on the screen that the numbers displayed are tendencies and not actual personnel. We all just assumed it was personnel because it's what we're used to and I agree it should tell us the exact personnel because in real life teams see who their opponent is actually sending on the field but IMO it's a design issue and not a bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2008, 11:23 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog-Face-Frown
Punting: the best punters are only getting 35-40 yards per kick even if your punter is 99 Punting Power and 99 Punting Accuracy.

Kicking: no field go goals beyong 35 yards, if it's over 35 yards, everytime the kicker will miss it. There is no accuracy beyond 35 yards even if you have the best kicker in the league with 99 kicking Power and 99 kicking Accuracy.

Running outside almost impossible, Inside running limited due to defense going right through the O-line and tackling RB or QB in the backfield happens almost every other play.. Yes, I've tested run blocking and running back AI with the best O-line's with various teams. RB's can't seem to find any holes and often stop and juke when no one is even in front of them.
As to the first part of your quote on the kicking game, whereas good kickers and punters shank kicks and puts every so often, I've hit 50-60 yard punts with Scrifes from the Chargers and a 56 yard field goal with Keading(SP?) in year one and have made big kicks with others and have been beaten by big kicks as well. maybe its a fluke as to what you've seen.

As to the outside run, again with the Chargers, when the play is mastered, I can get consistent gains running pitches and outside runs. It's not 100%, but it's still pretty good. I'll agree that I get a bit frustrated by not being able to break a CB tackle consistently, but it does happen. And if the play isn't mastered then forget it, it's a run for a loss most likely. That's why I build all these types of runs up to masterd in the pre-season games.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Bevor and after patch PS3 - My players fatigue is always at 100 during the game.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #24
R**k**

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar
Bevor and after patch PS3 - My players fatigue is always at 100 during the game.
You need to enter the play creator from the clipboard and then come back out and that will turn injuries back on. If that doesnt work you will need to restart your career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »