Home

Hardest team for you to rebuild?

This is a discussion on Hardest team for you to rebuild? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Hardest team for you to rebuild?

What team has really actually gave you a real challenge when trying to rebuild them? I've honestly never made it past preseason, i always seem to find something wrong with my career lol so i don't really have a team to say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Hardest team for you to rebuild?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflash
What team has really actually gave you a real challenge when trying to rebuild them? I've honestly never made it past preseason, i always seem to find something wrong with my career lol so i don't really have a team to say.
I think some of it has to do with your draft path. I started a KC franchise and figured it would be difficult. I'm in my 2nd season under the English path and I'm undefeated on the season so far. (12-0)
Old 03-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

The Panthers have been pretty interesting. Their talent is all over the board, the coaching staff is weak (my trainer started with a skill level of 1!!) but they do have a pretty good chunk of money to spend. Also, both sides of the ball needed the playbook changed. I have been trying to get some young players to get some stability, but the immediate needs have had to take precedent sometimes.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I find the Lions to be difficult... I'm in my second season, and I've since drafted Andre Woodson as my QB (88 overall), Jacob Hester (FB), somehow I picked up Chris Johnson as an FA in my 2nd year, Kevin Faulk as my 3DB, Ben Watson and Vrabel via trade from the Pats, I scored DJ Williams, Donte Whitner.

I was 8-8 in my first season, and now I'm 3-0 in my current season. The passing game is going well but my running game is garbage. The defense looks good on paper, but always gives up points at the worst possible times.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Washington Redskins gave me the most challenge. They have a ton of cap room tied up in bad players so their FA options are limited. A lot of thier talent, esp on the lines, is old, so even higher rated players have fatigue and injury problems that make them less effectiuve than you would think.

But the worst part is the Redskins are in a division where everyone else is just plain better than they are. The Giants, Eagles and Cowboys will beat up on you pretty consistently until you can turn the roster over, which takes a while considering the Skins cap problems. I managed to go 10-6 in my second season and miss the playoffs because I went 0-6 in my division

Also not that, yeah, the Jack English draft path is just insanely stacked with talent, and makes it very easy to become dominant very quickly regardless of what team you pick. You can serriously get every pick in the draft to net you a 90+ potential rookie in just the first year. If you want a real challenge, stay away from that path.

Starting in the Preseason with the roster update also makes it harder, since the first few years, the FA market is a lot less stacked than it is starting in the offseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

Looking for another team to rebuild
Im a Patriots fan and have a dynasty with them and have re built the lions.
Suggestions
Old 05-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

I have had alot of fun with the Jets...it was fun to cut 10+ over paid players and suffer through a crappy 1st season with sub par coaches.

The Browns presented their own challenges...older players probably injured more than they play with no draft picks...

Let me know where you go...I am looking for something new as well.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

I think ive narrowed it down to the Falcons or Chiefs
Starting pre draft so no matt ryan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »