Home

OT: Cutler to the Bears

This is a discussion on OT: Cutler to the Bears within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon10 OT: Cutler to the Bears

Me to my wife:
"God, two firsts, Orton and a third for Cutler and a 5th? That's like playing Head Coach and trying to make an offer for Manning."

Wife to me:
"Obsess much?"

Just when I think that the game undervalues some players (Brady Quinn?) and makes them easier to get, and others overvalued (Brady) and impossible to get....the NFL drops a whopper of a trade that really makes me question people's sanity.

Is Cassel + Vrabel for a 2nd looking like a steal now compared to what the Bears just gave up? WOW.

Resume game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: OT: Cutler to the Bears

If the Broncos knew they could get this much for Cutler at a fire sale they would have traded him sooner.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just for fun, in the Game I traded for Cutler to the Redskins (he is a 85 overall) in 2008 for a 2009 1st rounder and 2009 4th rounder, I did not include Jason Campbell.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

You think the Bears gave up too much? This looks like a great deal to me...with that defense, Forte, and now Cutler, who in the NFC is going to beat them?

And I'm an Eagles fan, so I'm mostly unbiased about the Bears.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazet
Me to my wife:
"God, two firsts, Orton and a third for Cutler and a 5th? That's like playing Head Coach and trying to make an offer for Manning."

Wife to me:
"Obsess much?"

Just when I think that the game undervalues some players (Brady Quinn?) and makes them easier to get, and others overvalued (Brady) and impossible to get....the NFL drops a whopper of a trade that really makes me question people's sanity.

Is Cassel + Vrabel for a 2nd looking like a steal now compared to what the Bears just gave up? WOW.

Resume game.
The game should undervalue Brady Quinn, he hasn't proven anything yet. What's there to value?

And as for Brady, I'm assuming you mean Tom? Also normal that the game overvalues him. Belichicks golden boy has won multiple super bowls and is idolized in the NFL world..

Just seems like the game is mirroring reality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

I value first rounders in terms of the player or players via trading down you can get.
2 first rounders is alot.
What can cutler do without receivers like marshall and royal
Old 04-03-2009, 06:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

There is no way I give up multiple first day picks for a QB who is proving himself to be a tempermental headcase when I have numerous holes on my offense. I think the idea of watching Cutler throw bomb after bomb to Hester to try to loosen up the 8 man fronts that Forte is going to see is preposterous. They had better draft to perfection to fill the holes on their O-line and find an actual #1 wideout. Cutler is going to lose his mind in a dink and dunk hand it off offense.

And I'm a Chiefs fan, while I love the idea of facing Orton twice a year, what a fantastic trade for retooling.

Bleh...way too much for a QB with no superbowl rings.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_max
The game should undervalue Brady Quinn, he hasn't proven anything yet. What's there to value?

And as for Brady, I'm assuming you mean Tom? Also normal that the game overvalues him. Belichicks golden boy has won multiple super bowls and is idolized in the NFL world..

Just seems like the game is mirroring reality.
lol. F'sho. You know what you're talking about, dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazet
There is no way I give up multiple first day picks for a QB who is proving himself to be a tempermental headcase when I have numerous holes on my offense.
I think you're right. It's just that Pro Bowls are speaking for a lot these days, probably more than they should.

Quote:
I think the idea of watching Cutler throw bomb after bomb to Hester to try to loosen up the 8 man fronts that Forte is going to see is preposterous. They had better draft to perfection to fill the holes on their O-line and find an actual #1 wideout. Cutler is going to lose his mind in a dink and dunk hand it off offense.
You're definitely right. As amazing an athlete Hester is, they made a supreme mistake moving his primary position from KR to WR. He was much more productive as a KR. Six and seven returns for touchdowns in his first two seasons? Proposterous... and then they move him to a position he's not at all familiar with. (He has played it before, but not as his main position.)

Maybe Cutler's scrambling ability will allow him to avoid some of the offensive line issues, but they lost quite a bit in giving-up all of those draft picks. There's a possibility that it will work-out eventually... But I think the guy who wrote this was being a tad melodramatic. However, if the NFC North was won with this trade, I doubt it was by the Bears.

They lost all of those draft picks that they're going to need to continue rebuilding this franchise. Even when they drafted the number 3 running back of all time (Walter Payton) after Jim Brown and Barry Sanders, it took ten more years to win a Super Bowl. This thing of ours is a developmental process... It's possible that he survives though, last year they started four or five runningbacks...

Maybe here, with a solid running game, he'll have something to lean on as he develops into the Marino/Elway archetype he's determined to be...

Quote:
And I'm a Chiefs fan, while I love the idea of facing Orton twice a year, what a fantastic trade for retooling.

Bleh...way too much for a QB with no superbowl rings.
Raider fan here, and I can only hope that Orton's easy pickings. Maybe he's the real deal, though. We'll find out soon enough.

Btw, I don't have Head Coach, yet, but I love to come by this forum due to the amount of intelligence and comprehension you guys use when discussing football. Not to mention that you insult each other far often...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »