Home

Disappearing FBs

This is a discussion on Disappearing FBs within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Disappearing FBs

Okay...this is first for me. I just finished my draft (I had 34 draft picks...long story how I got that many) and signed as many as I could before the start of camp. But when I checked my roster to move people around...both my FBs were gone! Okay...that was wierd enough...but when I checked the FA wire to see who was available...no FBs!!

So did aliens take them all or something??? I had saved right after the draft...went back and checked that save and they were there. Got that to the start of the contract negotiations and checked and they were still there....went back and checked the other game and they were still gone.

Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Disappearing FBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
Okay...this is first for me. I just finished my draft (I had 34 draft picks...long story how I got that many) and signed as many as I could before the start of camp. But when I checked my roster to move people around...both my FBs were gone! Okay...that was wierd enough...but when I checked the FA wire to see who was available...no FBs!!

So did aliens take them all or something??? I had saved right after the draft...went back and checked that save and they were there. Got that to the start of the contract negotiations and checked and they were still there....went back and checked the other game and they were still gone.

Any ideas?
34 picks? Wow, thats alot! Maybe you uncovered a bug?
Old 01-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Damn those little green men from Mars, how dare they... They are supposed to be genius, how do u confuse fullbacks with cows, just because most are big and slow doesn't mean they are cows...

But anyways I have heard some people say that when their fullbacks become RFA's they seem to disappear into the free agency, but not completly out of the league... Either u came across a bug or all of the fullbacks decided to go on strike for more money and playing time... Either than that u got me...

Btw, way to go on getting all of those draft picks, u could build a whole new team...
Old 01-08-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Fullback RFAs disapearing into free agency is probably due to the priority on that position is set so low that cycling through the RFAs and free agents during the period where teams can make offers on free agents it never gets to them and a miscue in the programming causes players in this situation to be placed in free agency rather than on your roster for the one year deal as they should be. Not sure about and RFAs that actually come up but noone bids on or if that is even an option as I haven't had that happen thus far. I have had a couple linemen, especially ones that start out on the team the first year, make it all the way through and just get released into free agency as well just cause they never came up.

As for the disappearing full backs I would have to guess that due to the high number of draft picks your total possible players on the roster was too high so it dropped what it considered to be the least important players and those happened to be your fullbacks. Have no clue as to the free agent fullbacks though.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Okay...went through and redid the draft and all of that jazz...traded off as many picks as I could and kept checking to see if they were there and they were...until I started signing players. Then they disappeared off of the team again. But this time WR Cribbs was gone as well, along with a CB and 2 MLBs!

I went to FA and signed my FBs again and after a few more rookie signings...one disappeared again...so I signed another one.

I think I am okay now because I just went past the first cut and they are there.

I did ignore alot of the rookie contracts though because I only drafted them to make the gm happy.

Thank goodness I had saved it before the draft!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

The simplelest way to solve that problem is do not use FBs. I use my #2 TE now to play FB, and at goalline, my #4 WR fills the #2 TE spot.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:50 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
Okay...went through and redid the draft and all of that jazz...traded off as many picks as I could and kept checking to see if they were there and they were...until I started signing players. Then they disappeared off of the team again. But this time WR Cribbs was gone as well, along with a CB and 2 MLBs!

I went to FA and signed my FBs again and after a few more rookie signings...one disappeared again...so I signed another one.

I think I am okay now because I just went past the first cut and they are there.

I did ignore alot of the rookie contracts though because I only drafted them to make the gm happy.

Thank goodness I had saved it before the draft!!
I think if you had 34 picks in the Draft I suggest you trade at least half of them away cuz the problem is that you drafted too many players, therefore you have to release more players so you can sign your draftees...

BTW Do tell us how you got 34 picks
Old 01-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatemanchan37
I think if you had 34 picks in the Draft I suggest you trade at least half of them away cuz the problem is that you drafted too many players, therefore you have to release more players so you can sign your draftees...

BTW Do tell us how you got 34 picks
I'm sure it was with the whole QB->WR trade thing. Or it could have been TE->FB

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »