Home

I don't get it...

This is a discussion on I don't get it... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: I don't get it...

Listen, several people have already told you what to try in order to fix it. They;ve told you how to gameplan, they've told you how to make it so you get new plays learned. They've told you the slider sets they encourage or at least have seen/tried. Everyone is gonna have different opinions.

But the thing is, some people will find lower scoring boring and others will find higher scoring and passing yards/tds as unrealistic. You have to decide how you feel the game should play and look at all the sets you can find. Then decide to yourself, what is the game having trouble with, what is it letting happen too much. People have admitted there are too many interceptions. So many have dropped that and knockdowns.

Byron says drop pass and catch as well because its like one overall passing slider(pass acc catch int and knockdowns at 25). Everyone has their theories. You just have to find the set thats explained well enough to your liking. If I were choosing a slider set, I would want to know what sliders change what events in the game and why they chose the way they changed it(raised or lowed).

No one can help you anymore than tell you where the information is and hope one day you'll look into it. Its like leading a horse to water, the horse still has to be thirsty...

As for the boring line, Ive never had a boring game on byrons sliders as long as you stick to the house rules, keeps games interesting every time.

Also with gameplanning you cant just focus on one type of play too often(shotgun only, or standard pass only) and expect to learn new plays... Same with improving pass and run plays. Same with anything really. Gameplans ONLY work on the top 5 SUCCESSFUL plays based on yardage gained IN RECENT GAMES.

They all work on the best plays only under the category given, not plays you've never used! If you dont use other plays then the ones already mastered or called by your coordinators, you dont ever learn new plays. THATS YOUR FAULT, not the games. Coordinators will never call a play you've stolen until you yourself have. If you have never called a play in game, it will never be practiced!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiguyinthedessert
Listen, several people have already told you what to try in order to fix it. They;ve told you how to gameplan, they've told you how to make it so you get new plays learned. They've told you the slider sets they encourage or at least have seen/tried. Everyone is gonna have different opinions.

But the thing is, some people will find lower scoring boring and others will find higher scoring and passing yards/tds as unrealistic. You have to decide how you feel the game should play and look at all the sets you can find. Then decide to yourself, what is the game having trouble with, what is it letting happen too much. People have admitted there are too many interceptions. So many have dropped that and knockdowns.

Byron says drop pass and catch as well because its like one overall passing slider(pass acc catch int and knockdowns at 25). Everyone has their theories. You just have to find the set thats explained well enough to your liking. If I were choosing a slider set, I would want to know what sliders change what events in the game and why they chose the way they changed it(raised or lowed).

No one can help you anymore than tell you where the information is and hope one day you'll look into it. Its like leading a horse to water, the horse still has to be thirsty...

As for the boring line, Ive never had a boring game on byrons sliders as long as you stick to the house rules, keeps games interesting every time.

Also with gameplanning you cant just focus on one type of play too often(shotgun only, or standard pass only) and expect to learn new plays... Same with improving pass and run plays. Same with anything really. Gameplans ONLY work on the top 5 SUCCESSFUL plays based on yardage gained IN RECENT GAMES.

They all work on the best plays only under the category given, not plays you've never used! If you dont use other plays then the ones already mastered or called by your coordinators, you dont ever learn new plays. THATS YOUR FAULT, not the games. Coordinators will never call a play you've stolen until you yourself have. If you have never called a play in game, it will never be practiced!
Hmm...I don't know where to begin but I'll try something.

First off, I am not the one who said Byron's sliders are boring, never even tried them,

I don't believe sliders are going to fix what ails this game. I experimented by starting my 4th and 5th wide receivers and things went great! I also didn't start my number 1 and 2 corner-backs; in fact, I only used four regular starters to play the game--and it was a playoff game. I won and the game went very nicely--default sliders. Why do you suppose that is? I believe the game cheats, that is number one. It seems my team is too well stacked and under cap pressure, so the AI is making my guys "look bad" so that I let them go.

I do not steal plays. I do call various plays and play calling is not the problem. I mix running plays with passing plays and all kinds of formations. I do on occasion let my OC and/or DC call the plays, and I know others do as well. Besides, I have a very good OC on the Patriots who is rated 99. The guy who wrote a strategy guide lets his coordinators call all the plays. I do not do that, there are games I call all the plays.

I think you need to look at all that I've written in this thread to learn more, if you feel a need to go further.

I should add that my "experiment" was also tried in a regular season game before playoffs. After I won in the playoffs with almost all backups starting, the next game I went back to all regulars and had the Brady passing like what one coach said was "why are we passing like high school kids." In addition, dropping passes returned with a vengeance along with mediocre coverage by Revis, Juran Riley, and Antonio Cromartie. I called the plays in both "experimented" games and the other game with all regulars starting.

Last edited by Cavicchi; 11-04-2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: addition
Old 11-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #35
Banned

Im gonna pick this off one at a time, starting with ANYONE CAN WIN THE SUPERBOWL WITH ANY TEAM EVERY YEAR ON DEFAULT SLIDERS. If you cant, you need to learn how to gameplan and play call. But as has been said BY EVERYONE, Sliders add difficulty because they change how the game plays. YOU DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT!

Now, you say you put in your 4th and 5th wr but who are they? Just know that wouldnt work on byrons sliders as he cuts passing in half with his. Both pass accuracy and catch are at 25 instead of 50 which force qbs to stay under 300 yards usually unless a matchup can be exposed. Your 4th and 5th wr probably would have been shut down unless they were as big of names as your 1 and 2(cj and bm) or compared to elite wrs as rookies.

Your backup cbs would have been shredded unless they were allstars because int and knockdown are cut in half on byrons. Tackle is also cut in half at 25 to make it so the run game can actually happen even if they're hit behind the line sometimes. Your d would give up big plays because they cant automatically tackle everyone with the first touch.

Because you dont steal plays, I know you never use anything you havent learned already. Stolen plays start off at unlearned and you would see bad plays happen on your side of the ball, especially with backups in. You are unwilling to understand this though. You also wont say how you pick plays.

How are you picking your plays? Are you picking by success? Are you asking coach? These 2 options never choose plays that are unlearned or even learned. You have to pick by play knowledge or type and ACTUALLY CHOOSE PLAYS THAT ARE UNLEARNED AND LEARNED, NOT MASTERED. If you only use mastered plays or let your oc or dc call, they will only use mastered plays.

Mastered plays add a boost to attributes of anyone on the field that has mastered the play thus giving your team an advantage. That advantage leads to winning games 100-21. Ive done it several times a season, several seasons in a row, for years on default sliders...

Me calling out the boring line was about someone else telling you that the sliders byron put out are boring. I have video of highlights from a 41 44 game in 2013 english path as the bears against the cowboys, and my team is stacked with superstars from every draft. Gameplans and play calls actually matter on byrons sliders.

I lost at the end of the game on a fg, in preseason, the 2nd game. I can get perfect seasons every season on default sliders, that tells you theres more difficulty with sliders that have been properly adjusted.

You would see a marked difference on byrons sliders, but its up to you to test them out. They're real easy, everything matches and everything is either 25 50 75 or 100. Everything is explained as to why he changed what.

Either try them or dont, but if you arent gonna say how you pick your plays or who the backups are, who you versed, what the weather conditions were(mphs of wind, rain or snow, home or away even), what kind of pressure they were getting against what kind of plays. What kind of defense they're running and your offense.

IF you're not gonna give any information that would help us help you, then yeah, Im done trying to help you, someone else might continue though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiguyinthedessert
Im gonna pick this off one at a time, starting with ANYONE CAN WIN THE SUPERBOWL WITH ANY TEAM EVERY YEAR ON DEFAULT SLIDERS. If you cant, you need to learn how to gameplan and play call. But as has been said BY EVERYONE, Sliders add difficulty because they change how the game plays. YOU DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT!

Now, you say you put in your 4th and 5th wr but who are they? Just know that wouldnt work on byrons sliders as he cuts passing in half with his. Both pass accuracy and catch are at 25 instead of 50 which force qbs to stay under 300 yards usually unless a matchup can be exposed. Your 4th and 5th wr probably would have been shut down unless they were as big of names as your 1 and 2(cj and bm) or compared to elite wrs as rookies.

Your backup cbs would have been shredded unless they were allstars because int and knockdown are cut in half on byrons. Tackle is also cut in half at 25 to make it so the run game can actually happen even if they're hit behind the line sometimes. Your d would give up big plays because they cant automatically tackle everyone with the first touch.

Because you dont steal plays, I know you never use anything you havent learned already. Stolen plays start off at unlearned and you would see bad plays happen on your side of the ball, especially with backups in. You are unwilling to understand this though. You also wont say how you pick plays.

How are you picking your plays? Are you picking by success? Are you asking coach? These 2 options never choose plays that are unlearned or even learned. You have to pick by play knowledge or type and ACTUALLY CHOOSE PLAYS THAT ARE UNLEARNED AND LEARNED, NOT MASTERED. If you only use mastered plays or let your oc or dc call, they will only use mastered plays.

Mastered plays add a boost to attributes of anyone on the field that has mastered the play thus giving your team an advantage. That advantage leads to winning games 100-21. Ive done it several times a season, several seasons in a row, for years on default sliders...

Me calling out the boring line was about someone else telling you that the sliders byron put out are boring. I have video of highlights from a 41 44 game in 2013 english path as the bears against the cowboys, and my team is stacked with superstars from every draft. Gameplans and play calls actually matter on byrons sliders.

I lost at the end of the game on a fg, in preseason, the 2nd game. I can get perfect seasons every season on default sliders, that tells you theres more difficulty with sliders that have been properly adjusted.

You would see a marked difference on byrons sliders, but its up to you to test them out. They're real easy, everything matches and everything is either 25 50 75 or 100. Everything is explained as to why he changed what.

Either try them or dont, but if you arent gonna say how you pick your plays or who the backups are, who you versed, what the weather conditions were(mphs of wind, rain or snow, home or away even), what kind of pressure they were getting against what kind of plays. What kind of defense they're running and your offense.

IF you're not gonna give any information that would help us help you, then yeah, Im done trying to help you, someone else might continue though...
Hey, Byron, I thought you were banned

This game will never make me think it's real football. First and foremost there is no accounting for speed threshold; thus, corner backs with 69 speed, yes, 69 speed can cover Bellows on a streak going step for step.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #37
Rookie

He didn't regress. If you have too many good players on the team it spreads out production and guys don't make as many top plays. Even if Marshall's potential goes down if you start to produce with him more then his potential goes back up. Any player who hasn't produced enough during the first 5 years the potential will go down. But in reality it doesn't. It just seems as though it does. You add to their production total and the potential goes back up. It's like Ken Dorsey with Field General philosophy. If you get him in the beginning of the game his potential maxes out in the 70's but if you start to add to his production it goes up into the 80's. I always play with the bears. When I have 3 good Linebackers Urlacher doesn't make as many big plays. But when he is the only High rated or there are only 2 high rated then he makes so many plays that he is considered for dpoy. If a young player's potential goes down then it's because his production doesn't match. Also receivers don't produce a lot in preseason so when the season starts their ratings drop until you get them producing again. The game doesn't cheat, sure it has bugs but it doesn't just do things randomly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »