Home

Official San Francisco 49ers thread

This is a discussion on Official San Francisco 49ers thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2018, 01:53 AM   #2841
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Official San Francisco 49ers thread

God today was frustrating, but as I look back on it I'm fairly happy. Name after name fell off the board and the 49ers did nothing, and I'm glad.

Allen Robinson had a great 2015, not so great 2016 because teams realized he can't beat press. If you can't beat press, you can't play WR in the NFC West. Andrew Norwell's too big, he belongs in a power scheme that lets him run over people, not have to scrape to the 2nd level.

I think the 49ers are leaking rumors they're interested in this back or that back in order to get Hyde's price down. Hyde's the best thing available and even the guys that are close are basically the same back as Brieda so they don't add much value to the 49ers. I think they wanna bring Hyde back but they don't want to pay more than $4-5m.

Brent Celek got released. Family reunion in the Bay?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2018, 05:44 AM   #2842
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OK, picking 9, here's my draft board. I think there are 8 guys that fit, so if none of these 8 guys are there at 9, trade back. Clearly most of them WILL be gone, but crazy things happen in the draft and guys fall. If there's a trading frenzy for QBs early, we might get some surprises at 9.

1. Saquon Barkley
2. Minkah Fitzpatrick
3. Quenton Nelson
4. Bradley Chubb

Those are the elites. Very unlikely to see any of them, but if one of them is there, you don't pass. We'll likely have a shot at one on this second list. I think Barkley, Fitzpatrick, and Nelson are future Hall of Famers. I love Chubb, I just think he has a bit more bust potential than the other 3.

5. Vita Vea
6. Denzel Ward
7. Roquan Smith
8. Derwin James

So that's it. None of those guys are there, you trade out. I'm sure some will say I've got Vea too high, and they're kind right. If you put a number on him, he's not as good as Ward and Smith at least, but he's such a perfect fit for the nose spot in our system I wouldn't pass on him. Some would call Derwin James a reach at 9, but he's a sideline-to-sideline center fielder and a fantastic leader. Again, a matter of fit.

Some would say my list is lacking Tremaine Edmonds. He'd be there if we still had Bowman, but I'm not spending a 9th overall on a kid who has no clue what he's doing without a veteran to help him. Maybe he's my #9 if nobody wants to trade up, but there are a couple other guys I might look at first.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 03-14-2018 at 05:47 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 03:44 AM   #2843
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

Can't wait for Thursday. Granted it's preseason, but I'm ready to see these guys get back out there.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:02 AM   #2844
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinerFan1983
Can't wait for Thursday. Granted it's preseason, but I'm ready to see these guys get back out there.
Plenty of bad we could talk about, but I'm gonna focus on the positive.

Our offensive skill players are good and deep, especially WR. The RBs through showed heart and grit and selflessness they hadn't shown before.

Fight, all game long. nobody gave up, even though it was preseason.

Shanny outcoached the Cowboys all game long. Execution was lacking at times, but play-calling was on point.

We now have a corner on the 3-tech market. Our best defense might be just lining everyone in the B gap and sending them through one at a time:P

Love this team, and it's destined to get better. SO many fantastic draft picks, we're gonna lose damn good football players at the cut deadline.

-Mark Twain.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:20 PM   #2845
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Ugly win, but at least it was a win. We’ve still got some growing pains to endure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2018, 08:32 PM   #2846
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Ugly win, but at least it was a win. We’ve still got some growing pains to endure.
Last year I think we lose that game. A lot of room to grow but I like the direction things are going. What a block by Garcon too!

Sent from my LG-UK495 using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2018, 12:45 AM   #2847
#QuestForSix

JahMarLen's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
So UGLY!...but I'll take it. I hope JG starts ballin' again once Marquise Goodwin comes back. He has a batter connection with #11 than the other receivers.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:02 PM   #2848
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
We’ve still got some growing pains to endure.
Yeah, now that we have to start CJ Beathard the rest of the season. I think he'll do better than he did last season, now that he has a full year in Kyle Shanahan's system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »