Home

2007-2008 New Orleans Saints

This is a discussion on 2007-2008 New Orleans Saints within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2007, 11:02 PM   #65
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: 2007-2008 New Orleans Saints

Had that about 2 weeks or so now, jmood. Love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2007, 11:12 PM   #66
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Had that about 2 weeks or so now, jmood. Love it.
Oh ok, just put it up in case no one else had seen it.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-18-2007, 11:15 PM   #67
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

I've got it too. You've gotta love having the Superdome as the homepage button.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:58 PM   #68
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Oh ok, just put it up in case no one else had seen it.
Yeah, I know. It's all good.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:00 AM   #69
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

What's the scoop on Meachem? How has he looked so far?
Old 08-19-2007, 01:31 AM   #70
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's been tough for the kid to be honest. He came into camp "overweight" (and by that, I mean Sean Payton wanted him like 10 lbs. less than what he was) which was blown out of proportion. And, then he had to have a clean-up operation from some tissue from a injury in his knee (occurred during his career as a Vol.) which caused him to miss OTA's. Training camp he's been hot and cold... from the reports I've heard, you can visibility tell that he has so much going on in his brain right now (Payton's offense is probably one of the most complicated ones in the league) and rather than just playing with instincts he's thinking too much. Not to mention that the game against Buffalo, Palko almost got him completely killed on two passes.. one which he got lit up on. However, he did catch a damn good TD in the endzone on a fade in that game too. He hasn't been playing with the first team at all this preseason so when he IS making good routes or something, he's usually fighting to catch bad thrown balls from Fife, Martin, Palko, or Baker.

So, I guess.. you can see the potential but he's thinking too hard right now. The great thing for him is he doesn't HAVE to contribute right now to our team... he has Colston/Henderson/Patten/Copper all ahead of him so he can come along slowly. So, hopefully once that light goes off and he can just start playing he can bring that element to our offense of big plays, huge YACs after a catch, and a great endzone threat.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:40 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I think a better question is what is your D looking like. From what i have seen you guys are looking at mostly the same starting lineup. Who did you guys draft again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 01:46 AM   #72
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
It's been tough for the kid to be honest. He came into camp "overweight" (and by that, I mean Sean Payton wanted him like 10 lbs. less than what he was) which was blown out of proportion. And, then he had to have a clean-up operation from some tissue from a injury in his knee (occurred during his career as a Vol.) which caused him to miss OTA's. Training camp he's been hot and cold... from the reports I've heard, you can visibility tell that he has so much going on in his brain right now (Payton's offense is probably one of the most complicated ones in the league) and rather than just playing with instincts he's thinking too much. Not to mention that the game against Buffalo, Palko almost got him completely killed on two passes.. one which he got lit up on. However, he did catch a damn good TD in the endzone on a fade in that game too. He hasn't been playing with the first team at all this preseason so when he IS making good routes or something, he's usually fighting to catch bad thrown balls from Fife, Martin, Palko, or Baker.

So, I guess.. you can see the potential but he's thinking too hard right now. The great thing for him is he doesn't HAVE to contribute right now to our team... he has Colston/Henderson/Patten/Copper all ahead of him so he can come along slowly. So, hopefully once that light goes off and he can just start playing he can bring that element to our offense of big plays, huge YACs after a catch, and a great endzone threat.
Imo, after QB, WR is the toughest position for rookies to pick up in their first year. You're starting to hear a lot of guys say it takes 2 or 3 years for a young WR to adjust to the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »