Home

Washington Redskins Official Thread

This is a discussion on Washington Redskins Official Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #33
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Washington Redskins Official Thread

It'd actually be 5 backs if Mason makes it. Portis, Betts, Rock, Sellars, Mason
Old 08-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
It'd actually be 5 backs if Mason makes it. Portis, Betts, Rock, Sellars, Mason
For the RB situation, Mason will be on the practice squad, and barring a trade or injury to Portis, Betts, or Rock, he'll be picked up by someone else next year. RB is way to easy to fill to keep such a marginal player like Mason on the team. He's not anywhere close to Portis or Betts as a back, nor is he as good as Rock at the return spot. He's cute and all, but he's a preseason running back. With our old*** OL, fragile WRs, and a defense, I'd prefer a backup there than a running back who won't contribute.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #35
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I think he may be closer to Betts than you give credit for (with the thought that Betts is still living off of two years ago... came down a bit last year, and that Mason could show more with the opportunity). With that said, I agree with you unless they decide to trade Betts to make room for Mason, which I don't think is a good idea (one proven cheap guy for one unproven cheap guy).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #36
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Betts' time in DC is slowly running out from I've heard.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #37
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

I know it's still early and pre-season, but I really like what I've seen from Campbell. He's picking up the offense well enough and I really hope he continues to develop and be the player I think he can be with this offense.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:49 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Betts' time in DC is slowly running out from I've heard.
And the topic is "NFL players who's time isn't running out"...

This isn't the NBA or baseball. The minute you're drafted in the NFL, you're on the way out with the exception being quarterback and kickers.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:04 AM   #39
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

How long is Betts got on the new deal? He is a servicable number 2. Rock was a FB in college and while he is a good special teams player if Portis or Betts were to go down I don't really like him as the number 2 per se. So with the WCO have we gotten rid of he H-back? Zellers was really good in that position with Cooley.

I just liked seeing Mason do well, he is a local guy from Potomac, MD. I'm not dilusional about his skill set. I would just like to see him run with the 1's in one of these game. He looked good in the HOF game.

Yes perceptor I agree about Campbell. He ran the WCO his senior year and had the best year of his time at Auburn. Cebby you might be more equiped to speak about his time there. Everything that I have seen thus far in the preseason leads me to beleive that Jason is more comfortable with this scheme. I just look to see more improvement in the next game.

I am concerned that of our second round picks only Fred Davis is getting on the field. I would like to see the others in action sometime before the season starts. The receivers are Moss, Randle el, Thomas, Kelly, Thrash and....? If we keep one more I really hope that it isn't McMullen, I would rather see Nix as the 6th WR. But that would be 5 or (6) WR, 3 TE, 3 QB, 5 RB. That is 16 or 17 of 53 roster spots already. I don't think that we will keep 6 WR though so that means that 2 of the 5 WR haven't played at game speed half way through the preseason, and they are rookies in the WCO. That gives me a little pause. Or I could be crazy and just rambling this fine morining.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 08-12-2008, 10:20 AM   #40
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
And the topic is "NFL players who's time isn't running out"...

This isn't the NBA or baseball. The minute you're drafted in the NFL, you're on the way out with the exception being quarterback and kickers.
I guess L.T and Mr. Wayne and Mr. Edwards are on their way out real soon huh man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »