Home

The Official Tennessee Titans Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Tennessee Titans Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2011, 04:28 AM   #57
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Official Tennessee Titans Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
Palmer has some credentials though. He does have a ring. Grey's defensive philosophy is a breath of fresh air IMO. Not the same ol' stale defense that Cecil was running. God Chuck Cecil was a poor hire by Fish and he deserved to get canned just because he wouldn't make a change. I still say give Munch a chance. He brings a different attitude. We are at least competitive.

Such as... Front office IMO has been better than average. The people that they have NOT re-signed have been good choices. The past couple drafts have been borderline great (great being players that are capable to play).

Locker needs at least another year. He does not need to be rushed in there. His progressions need a ton of work. And Matt has not been terrible this year, by no means.

As for VY and Fish, how did he hate him? VY is not a good QB, as he has proved in Philly so far. The biggest issue b/t those 2 was stubbornness, on both sides.

I didn't know this until the other day, but they have changed their entire blocking scheme. That said, both the O-line and CJ have been poor in the run game. It's just curious how when Ringer got touches under the same set of circumstances, he had some success.

That was a killer. Washington has been very good this year. But Britt is an animal out there, almost on a level of elite WR's. His size, strength, and speed are tremendous. If Britt doesn't get hurt, it could be Tennessee taking this division this year. But that's awfully hypothetical.

6. Agreed Britt was a monster I hope the knee dosen't slow him down too much

I just can't agree with this. Dinger and Cecil were bland. New regime at least tries to put CJ out there in open space and uses players strengths to their advantage. Finnegan inside playing nickel and blitzing has been effective. Under Fisher, the corners would just stay on one side. I can remember Nick Harper getting absolutely abused by Andre Johnson one game and Tennessee not doing anything to help or try to stop him. Nick Harper was on him just about every time.

This franchise has made some improvements.
1.I agree that dinger and cecil were bad but Palmer has been no better he has hurt our running game trying to change the scheme. Our Oline went from one of the best to one of the worst run blocking O lines and Im pretty sure they didnt forget how to block losing Kevin Mawae hurt too

2. The only thing I give them credit for is the Draft they are good at evaluating Talent and plugging them in. But thats where it ends that absolutely SUCK at free agency because they want to sign players who are either dirt cheap or washed up. We always let our best players just walk and its not gonna change because they are CHEAP. Finnegan has already said he dosen't think he will be back in TN next year because the titans haven't offered a long term deal which will leave a whole in our secondary lets see who they bring in maybe Samari Rolle or Jason Seahorn SMH!!!!!!

3. Locker is ready to play NOW I hate the cliche that young Qbs HAVE to sit behind a veteran QB thats not always true. He has handled himself very well and deserves to play he has out played hasslebeck so the best man should play flat out. Hasslebeck dinking and dunking is not the answer for our offense sure he can complete 16-20 passes where he only throws 5-7 yard passes. we need a QB who can stretch the field with our WR's and that will back the secondary up a bit and open it up more for our best player CJ2k plus he's mobile. The reading of defenses comes with PLAYING TIME its the only way. I can watch the Peyton Manning shred the Ravens D all day on film or on the sideline but that dosen't mean I am going to come behind him and do the same (ASK PAINTER). Jake has all the tools and he has good composure so y not.

4. Fisher Never wanted VY he wanted Matt Lienhart but Bud Adams wanted VY so there was Animosity between the 2 off the jump. Plus Fisher had some kind of man crush with Collins it seemed. Sure he threw a few dumb picks but so did a lot of other QBs. The biggest issue was not stubbornness its having a jack *** coach.I recall being at the steelers game in 2010 and fisher pulled young because he threw 2 int's and fisher has no history of doing that. It pisses me off to hear people say VY was the problem all he did was win despite having a coach hanging over your shoulder that wanted you out. we started the year 0-6 insert Young and we win 8 of the last 10 barely missing the playoffs. Next year we start off 5-2 and then here comes the redskin game another game I attended and VY hurts his thumb in the 3rd comes out the game gets treatment starts to warm up on the sideline throwing decent passes with good velocity and Fisher elects to go with good ole Rusty Smith and of coarse we lose as VY watches in disbelief that fisher didnt let him back in the game. They get into a pissin match he throws he jersey and pads in the stands and next thing we know he is on IR and we win 1 more game for the rest of the season finishing 6-10 so you do the math. FISHER HAD NO RESPECT FOR THE MAN PERIOD. now you take that same situation and lets say its the steelers do you think Tomlin would keep ben on the sideline if he said he was good to go NOPE because he has Faith and he respects him as a franchise QB never happened in TN for VY. Farve had to be damn near paralyze for him to miss a game

5. Ringer had a few decent runs but he averages a measly 3 yards per carry so thats not exactly lighting it up either

6. Agreed Britt was a monster I hope the knee dosen't slow him down too much

7. Like I said I agree with you about dinger and Cecil and Jerry Gray, but Chris Palmer is flat out terrible he was a bad hire a Cheap hire a Lazy hire ect ect. If we didn't hire him most likely he would still be coaching in the CFL. His time was up after leading the Texans to those poor offenses all those years before they gave him the boot. Leave it to us to go dig this guy up and we he got his ring he was the QB coach for the Giants so he was irrelevant then too. The players seem to like Jerry Gray but palmer and his pre historic offense has to go I say one in done. Im not one of those guys who says fire the coach everytime something goes wrong but Palmer should have bever been hired as an Offensive co
Old 12-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #58
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

LOL... nice work . You and I both know that we could go back and forth for an eternity just on a couple of the mentioned points; so I think we will have to agree to disagree!

Tennessee is not a team that will go out and spend big bucks on free-agents, normally. They are a value-pick kind of franchise, not a Redskin or Cowboy, or Eagle-type of team. Which, isn't a terrible thing. Look @ Green Bay and Indy (though not this year). They have built championship teams not signing big time free-agents-minus Charles Woodson who was thought to be washed up.

BTW, Locker has played well b/c he has come in for relief appearances. Let's see what he can do once teams have tape and start to gameplan against him. Don't get me wrong, I am not a doubter of him (I loved the picked...scared they would've took Gabbert), just not as high ryte now as a lot of others.

Last edited by C the Lyte; 12-21-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #59
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
LOL... nice work . You and I both know that we could go back and forth for an eternity just on a couple of the mentioned points; so I think we will have to agree to disagree!

Tennessee is not a team that will go out and spend big bucks on free-agents, normally. They are a value-pick kind of franchise, not a Redskin or Cowboy, or Eagle-type of team. Which, isn't a terrible thing. Look @ Green Bay and Indy (though not this year). They have built championship teams not signing big time free-agents-minus Charles Woodson who was thought to be washed up.

BTW, Locker has played well b/c he has come in for relief appearances. Let's see what he can do once teams have tape and start to gameplan against him. Don't get me wrong, I am not a doubter of him (I loved the picked...scared they would've took Gabbert), just not as high ryte now as a lot of others.
LOL I can get a little carried away talking football sometimes hence that long scroll post I had but I see where your coming from with Locker. But the VY thing has been argued till nausea with me and other Titan fans lol. as far as Free agency go I think I can live without us signing the big named players and doing it through drafting BUT the difference between the Titans and other teams like GB and Indy is we let players walk instead of re signing them. Jason Babin should still be a Titan he was pretty much considered a bust after being a 1st round pick for the Texans. Comes to TN and has a career year goes to the pro bowl and we sit back and let him just go to the eagles where he is having another great year. And our team leader in sacks is Karl Klug. Derrick Morgan has been a dissapointment so far he cant stay healthy.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Don't be fooled by the Titans' record. They are a bad team that's just been padding their stats with one of the easiest schedules in the league.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:52 AM   #61
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersondagreat
LOL I can get a little carried away talking football sometimes hence that long scroll post I had but I see where your coming from with Locker. But the VY thing has been argued till nausea with me and other Titan fans lol. as far as Free agency go I think I can live without us signing the big named players and doing it through drafting BUT the difference between the Titans and other teams like GB and Indy is we let players walk instead of re signing them. Jason Babin should still be a Titan he was pretty much considered a bust after being a 1st round pick for the Texans. Comes to TN and has a career year goes to the pro bowl and we sit back and let him just go to the eagles where he is having another great year. And our team leader in sacks is Karl Klug. Derrick Morgan has been a dissapointment so far he cant stay healthy.

I don't mind. I like long debates and discussions. However, our converstion would take up A LOT of space the way we were going. Next time, we debate one subject @ a time!!!

As for Babin, he was a first round bust. Only reason why he succeeded last year & is succeeding this year is Jim Washburn and the wide-nine scheme. I loved the wide-nine but Ten was phasing out the personnel for it anyway. Any other system and he is mediocre @ best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Don't be fooled by the Titans' record. They are a bad team that's just been padding their stats with one of the easiest schedules in the league.
This is false. They drew the AFC North and NFC South. Those 2 divisions will put 2 10 win (at least) teams in the playoffs a piece. 2 of those teams will be one of the top 3 seeds in the playoffs of each conference. Not to mention Houston twice, Denver and Cincy who is a wild-card contender.

SOS is crap anyway.

I'd say 7-7 ryte now is about correct. Bad team? No sir. Average team? Bingo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #62
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

Any suggestions on the upcoming pick in the OS mock draft?
Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The Titans need help pretty much everywhere except QB and OT.

They should just take the best available talent on the board.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #64
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
The Titans need help pretty much everywhere except QB and OT.

They should just take the best available talent on the board.
I was thinking along the lines of best DE available or Mark Barron. Safety is pretty thin this year in Free Agency and the Draft so you have to get them when you can.

Playmaking LB is a possibility as well.

Second round is a no brainer - interior offensive line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »