Home

NHL 2K8 Editor (Snowdrift)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K8 Editor (Snowdrift) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2023, 06:49 PM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 2K8 Editor (Snowdrift)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrift
No, I haven't worked on anything new. So you prefer 2K9 over 2K7?
Yes. Because the enviroment and presentation is better. More similar to 2K10. The menus i think they're the best of all series 2K. And for last they have real players on the Rosters as Kane, Toews, Bergeron, Perron, Giroux and others.
And the most important, Would be awesome a editor for resolve the problem of limited players editing.
Old 03-23-2023, 07:07 PM   #194
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by molifox
Yes. Because the enviroment and presentation is better. More similar to 2K10. The menus i think they're the best of all series 2K. And for last they have real players on the Rosters as Kane, Toews, Bergeron, Perron, Giroux and others.
And the most important, Would be awesome a editor for resolve the problem of limited players editing.

Plus, I had an idea for the Wii version that requires player editing, which as you said, is limited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2023, 02:26 PM   #195
Rookie

snowdrift's Arena

EDITOR UPDATED TO VERSION 0.19 (Mar 26, 2023)

- Player photos are no longer automatically removed. They can still be removed manually (Batch > Remove Player Photos).

- Option to leave historic, national and all-star teams intact when executing "Empty All Rosters".

- Action that adds Veteran status to players based on age.

- Franchise-mode action that detects good prospects and gives them NHL contracts (the computer has a habit of not signing its best draft picks).

- Option to skip the active team when executing "Retirement Status" and "Re-assign salaries".

Download from the first post. Report problems here, as usual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2023, 12:53 AM   #196
Rookie

OVR: 2

how to edit player salaries before the start of the season
Tell me please
Old 04-05-2023, 09:24 AM   #197
Rookie

snowdrift's Arena

Salaries can only be edited after a season starts. Try increasing the salary cap. If salaries are still too high, it's probably one of two things:

1. The game calculates some salaries based on rating, so depth players with high ratings may cause problems.

2. Some salaries in 2K8 were hard-coded. Star players edited into depth players may cause problems if too many were moved to the same team.

Scratched players count against the cap, so send them to the minors before starting a season.
Old 08-05-2023, 11:03 AM   #198
Just started!

Teppo27's Arena

I might be stupid, but i recently found this post and i love this idea and i'm huge 2K hockey fan ( Espn nhl hockey aka nhl 2k4 is my favourite and i own nhl 2k8 for ps2 but that game is trash) and ordered copy of the game. But if i download this file, does it do anything to my other save files in other games so i need to create backup files for them. I'm very new to these things and i bougth ps3 just about two months ago, so that's why i migth sound like 0 iq guy, but just for guarantee, let's ask smarter people.
Old 08-05-2023, 11:20 AM   #199
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppo27
But if i download this file, does it do anything to my other save files in other games....
No year of any sports game will ever create saves that in any way interact with other years of that or any other sports games. And certainly not across consoles.
Old 08-07-2023, 05:01 AM   #200
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdrift
EDITOR UPDATED TO VERSION 0.19 (Mar 26, 2023)

- Player photos are no longer automatically removed. They can still be removed manually (Batch > Remove Player Photos).

- Option to leave historic, national and all-star teams intact when executing "Empty All Rosters".

- Action that adds Veteran status to players based on age.

- Franchise-mode action that detects good prospects and gives them NHL contracts (the computer has a habit of not signing its best draft picks).

- Option to skip the active team when executing "Retirement Status" and "Re-assign salaries".

Download from the first post. Report problems here, as usual.
Not sure if ever possible with 2k but the ability to edit career stats would be another game changer. I currently have an app dev contact working on a new NHL Legacy editor and one thing we've/he found is the ability to edit career stats such as goals, assists and playoff info, which when creating newer modern day rosters is invaluable part of the experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »