Home

2KHS v0.7 (Nov 2019 release)

This is a discussion on 2KHS v0.7 (Nov 2019 release) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2019, 03:23 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 2KHS v0.7 (Nov 2019 release)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ NEO
Hah, we will sort it out.

Try start the game with lower resolution. You do that in the Dolphins Graphics tab.
I had a hanging during my first full game. I am still using my workaround to make save states with the start/+ button that I can recover when it happens. I hope we can find out what it is. The goalkeeper in the middle at startup bug seems to be gone which is good. There are way more board battles for the puck which is awesome. As far as Ive tested it is a definitive improvement, even though some of the changes like changed speeds of animations and turns need a bit of time to get used to. I like it.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Old 12-14-2019, 03:36 AM   #74
MVP

Perhaps you can use the same preset setup that I use as the default for the game so people with xbox controller can load game by pressing the view button (-) and saving with menu button (+).

That way F8 not necessary either, instead view/-.

I know some command (fights for instance) gets lost by using the view/- to load but perhaps that can be mapped to keyboard instead.

It is a workaround for the freezes at least until they are figured out...

Old 12-14-2019, 03:37 AM   #75
Banned

The biggest reason for that hang was one of the Gecko goalie codes.
So now because we're using a different one it hangs about 90% less. Interesting is that when using the new broadcast camera it wont hang basically at all.

But with the classic in-game cameras it still does sometimes hang, so there must be some other code that affect this too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2019, 03:40 AM   #76
Rookie

justin_6676's Arena

So do manual line changes just not work? I’ve just been playing with auto changes because every time I try to use manual changes nothing happens when I try to put a certain line out during while play is still going on.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:47 AM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikethebike
Perhaps you can use the same preset setup that I use as the default for the game so people with xbox controller can load game by pressing the view button (-) and saving with menu button (+).

That way F8 not necessary either, instead view/-.

I know some command (fights for instance) gets lost by using the view/- to load but perhaps that can be mapped to keyboard instead.

It is a workaround for the freezes at least until they are figured out...
I think it's much better and less complicated if we can save state by pressing F5 and load with F8, asi it's how it is is in most PC games.

This way you not loosing any controller functionality, I don't see any benefit really in doing it your way?
Old 12-14-2019, 03:49 AM   #78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_6676
So do manual line changes just not work? I’ve just been playing with auto changes because every time I try to use manual changes nothing happens when I try to put a certain line out during while play is still going on.
Yeah, there is a bug in the default game (NHL 2k11).

It might be possible to fix this somehow with the mod, I haven't time to look at it yet.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:11 AM   #79
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Hah, we will sort it out.

Try start the game with lower resolution. You do that in the Dolphins Graphics tab.
Ya, I looked at that and tried to dumb it down even further as best I can tell. Same result. Probably my processor speed. I knew this computer was a mistake when I bought it, but it does play the Steam game I've purchased pretty well. I'm not comfortable with overclocking as I can't afford to have anything go wrong.

Thanks for your efforts though. Someone needs to get you a job with a company that is willing to challenge EA in their crap game. You're a genius and tenacious.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:31 AM   #80
MVP

Quote:
I think it's much better and less complicated if we can save state by pressing F5 and load with F8, asi it's how it is is in most PC games.

This way you not loosing any controller functionality, I don't see any benefit really in doing it your way?
Nah you're probably right.
It's just that I play the game lika a console game mostly, without the keyboard, that way I found it more seamless with doing everything with the controller.

The good thing is autosaving with +/menu button, you will get checkpoints you can go back to when it hangs without having to think about it.

I had the new broadcast camera when it froze.

Last edited by nikethebike; 12-14-2019 at 10:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »