Home

Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

This is a discussion on Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #9
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Battlefield 2: Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 announced

Battlefield 1943 will be using the Frostbite engine so expect a lot of destruction like bad company.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #10
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
no it says it's also a PSN and XBLA download!! but how??
It'll just be a larger file than your usual arcade game. Then its only 3 maps and all in the Pacific. I wonder how much they'll charge.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #11
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

I think 20 to 30 bucks will be the price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #12
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

oh this rocks!

I love BC online, still to this day... the Frostbite engine and the destructibility kicks ***. I love the handling of the guns much better than most games.

online purchase for X360 is finally here!

Digital download future here we come.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
oh this rocks!

online purchase for X360 is finally here!

Digital download future here we come.
yeah great, now I have to buy the game twice, one for my box then one for my sons box.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #14
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
yeah great, now I have to buy the game twice, one for my box then one for my sons box.
hey I forgot about that. we have two X360s in the house as well but I don't allow him to play online yet.

the DD BD 1943 game is online multiplayer only but later when retail games come out on digital download, that's something I forgot about... we share disc based games now so I wonder if it will have a system in place (I belive like PS3) where you can play it on both machines but only one at a time can be online?
Old 02-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 30

1942 was awesome.

The only bad parts of the game was the divebombing and spawnkilling. Other than that, it was a blast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #16
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Kotaku Preview

Quote:
What It Is
Battlefield 1943: Pacific is a download only, multiplayer game for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC. The game, while new, is essentially a high-def remake of Battlefield 1942, and focuses more on pickup and play style gameplay. This is the first public demo available for fans to play.

What We Saw
One multiplayer map on the New York Comic-Con show floor at the EA booth. Gordon Van ****, associate producer at Dice, was on hand to first show me through some of the new features for the game before I messed around with it.

How Far Along Is It?
The game is scheduled for release this summer with an expected price point between $15 to $20. The download size of the game will be around 350MB

What Needs Improvement
Unlike previous Battlefield games, Pacific only has three unit classes: Infantry, Riflemen, and Scout. Gone are the Medics and Heavy weapons classes. Van **** explained they wanted every class to be able to fight in every situation. Every class has weapons to fight against the biggest tanks and armor. I would like to have seen more classes with varied abilities and risks.

Also, players have auto-health and unlimited ammo. I find auto-health to be too simple and easy and unlimited ammo means players will be firing without thinking. That will probably mean no more knife fights.

What Should Stay The Same
The destructible environments were a breath of fresh air for me. As someone who played a ton of the original 1942, nothing was more infuriating that driving into a tree and getting stuck. Now, I can run them all over and blow chunks of buildings away. Van **** said the game has about the same amount of destruction depth as Bad Company.

I also liked the upgraded graphics. While the original 1942 was fine graphically, 1943 Pacific adds more detail, physics, shadowing, and overall effects. It's very clean looking and stays true to the original maps.

Final Thoughts
I really had no idea what to expect from this game. I was presently surprised to see my favorite online game ever get a much-needed upgrade. The one concern I have is that this won't seem like a completely new, full Battlefield game. There won't be as many maps in the final game and the focus on casual play has me worried. Van **** wouldn't specify, but he said if this Battlefield gets a good reaction from fans, Dice might consider adding more and more content down the road.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »