Home

Europa Universalis IV

This is a discussion on Europa Universalis IV within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #49
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Europa Universalis IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJetsfan
I've already grown bored of Portugal. It was literally just sitting around until I was dragged into a war because of my alliance with Castille. I'm sure I my noobness doesn't help, but that's how I saw it anyway.
yeah, Portugal is more about exploration and colonizing. Unless you can some how out power Castile and take over Spain.

haven't been able to play since release day due to extra long work hours this week. I will probably get some time in tonight and likely tomorrow as well. I've been missing EUIV.

College Football 25 Team Information Spreadsheet
Old 08-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #50
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

played up to 1500AD. not a whole lot happened for me in this session. I diplo-annexed the Teutonic Order. converted their provinces to Polish culture. spent a lot of gold and points on improving economy by building constables and churches. Spent some some points leveling tech. my military is level 8, as well as my admin tech. my diplo tech is still level 5 as I've put a lot of diplo points into one of my national ideas(the diplomatic one) maxed it out now. my second national idea was economic one. got the first 3 into that one.

I had a good king for a good time, allowed me to get a lot of admin/diplo/mil points, he was something like 4/5/4. my new king is 4/1/2, and his heir is currently 5/2/1.

still working on forming The Commonwealth with the personal union I have with Lithuania. Need to get the admin tech to level 10 and increase my stability to +3. It seems the game does all it can to bring down my stability. I had like 6-7 event that tried to lower my stability, had to choose another option to avoid that, a couple of -100 diplo point ones and one that took 120 gold.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #51
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

For those interested in mods for EUIV. Here is a big one in progress, MEIOU and Taxes. It's a combined effort from 2 popular mods from EUIII.

main thread http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...EIOU-and-Taxes

another thread with a few early screen shots. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...eenshot-thread

start date will begin in 1356(like it was for MEIOU in EUIII). Map will be expanded with a lot more provinces and going from their EUIII mods, it'll be a fairly huge mod with many other changes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #52
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

MEIOU was my go-to mod in EU III, and Death and Taxes was a good mod in of itself. I'm really excited about that.

I will say after my tirade though; I'm finding it hard to get into the new way things are in this game. I don't really like the new menu buttons and everything is so different. It's going to take me a while to get used to it.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #53
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

yeah, I loved MEIOU in EUIII. It added content to just about every area of the world and made it fun. I played a lot of games in East Asia with the land grab from the collapsing Yuan dynasty and the Red Turban Rebellion.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #54
Pro

JWR3232's Arena

OVR: 5

In my France game I am currently in the 1730's. (Ive played a lot )
I got off to a really strong start pushing England out of the European mainland for good, and they have not landed troops since. Scotland would declare on them every time England was in another war and siege their lands, hurting their economy and manpower. Ireland became united via Connaught and with my support maintained their freedom for a while. But England did end up forming the U.K. and started colonizing but it was too late to be a major player in world colonization.

After the 100 years war ended I quickly took Brittany and did my best to Diplo-Annex as many vassals as possible. During the downtime of Diplo-annexing i took lands from Burgundy who now has two counties that I plan on taking soon. After that i mainly focused on coring all these lands, colonizing and expanding my economy. Currently besides Russia I have the largest Army/Man power base, one of the strongest economies (i make more money than i can spend, time to get a level 3 adviser?) and have now upped my possible diplomatic relations to 8 so i can make some strong group of alliances.

The whole game I have had a strong Alliance with Austria but they are now 2 reforms from uniting Germany so I need to watch that. Currently I have a personal union with Hanuit which is a bordering Dutch country I plan on integrating and then finish off Burgundy for good and have two trade nodes all to my self (Bordeaux and Antwerp). After that probably go for complete dominance of North America, some of the Natives are westernizing but Portugal deserves to be destroyed. They stole the Aztecs away from me and betrayed our alliance that we had since the start in favor of Great Britain a mistake they will regret.

But It seems the French revolution started a little early as it dropped by Stability by 6 , upped revolt risk everywhere and claimed my King is a moron. Things are not getting any easier.

EDIT: Thought it was worth mention but now the Habsburg dynasty rules in most German states, Sweden, Naples, Tuscany, Savoy, and....France
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Africa.jpg (261.1 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg Asia.jpg (283.8 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg Europe.jpg (332.9 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg NA.jpg (493.5 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg Revolution.jpg (322.0 KB, 122 views)
Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Last edited by JWR3232; 08-17-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #55
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

after struggling with the game events making me lose stability all the time, I finally was able to form the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth in 1537 AD.

A few years before that, I had to give in to protestant rebels as they had nearly 60,000 troops and sieging most my provinces. so I'm now a protestant nation along with England, Norway, Scotland, Bohemia, and Hungary. the Commonwealth has some work to do to clean up the religious situation though as the nation is split between Catholic, Protestant, Reformed, and Orthodox.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

This game is a lot of fun. First time dipping my toes in a game like this, but I am digging the depth it has to offer. Randomed Denmark and I am still standing after 50 years. Somehow.

Still trying to wrap my head around all the basics.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 08-17-2013 at 06:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »