Home

Fallout 4

This is a discussion on Fallout 4 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2015, 05:48 AM   #41
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Fallout 4

I say the conference will be of Doom 4, maybe a dishonored sequel.

I can also see them doing a GOTY Skyrim for Xbone and PS4. Say that Elder Scrolls online will be Free 2 play and close the show with a Fallout 4 announcement.

I hope we see something about a new Elder scrolls game since I am a much bigger fan of that series then Fallout.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 07:00 PM   #42
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

A Boston Fallout would be amazing. Hell, walking through some of the T stops in The Last of Us was great. Being a Bostonian I'd love it.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:46 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0

I would prefer New Orleans over Boston.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:28 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 6

Fallout 4 by Bethesda would just be Skyrim with guns.

They just don't seem have the type of writers to do a proper Fallout game justice.

Last edited by bakan723; 05-08-2015 at 05:57 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:48 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakan723
Fallout 4 by Bethesda would be Skyrim with guns
Or it would be an upgrade to Fallout 3. Meaning same mechanics and stuff like that.

Last edited by redsox4evur; 02-17-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #46
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Seeing as I am from Boston I would love to see that be the city. As others have said would love to see the Fens and the Garden. Also there is the Bunker Hill Monument. Which looks like the Washington Monument. You could travel around to Revolutionary War battlefields IE Lexington and Concord. Explore the worst project in the history of mankind AKA the Big Dig. Just google it and you will probably agree. Hell even make the trek to Foxborough and go to Gillette. City Hall is pretty recognizable and has already been a video game, one of the Tony Hawk games.
You may be disappointed if you're hoping to see those things. You have to remember something about Fallout. It's set in an alternate reality. It's the future as seen through the lens of the 1950's. So that means that Foxborough, the Garden, etc. may have never been built. The Boston that's in the game (and yes, I definitely think that's the setting) will likely be much different than the way it actually panned out (the city planning, buildings, etc.) in real life. Anything built before 1950 (like MIT I believe) will be there. But anything after, maybe, maybe not.

I think MIT will be a major part of the story. If you don't already know that's the center of what is known as The Institute, a place where androids are made/produced and studied. It should be interesting. We'll know a lot more after June 14!

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 02-18-2015, 01:44 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
You may be disappointed if you're hoping to see those things. You have to remember something about Fallout. It's set in an alternate reality. It's the future as seen through the lens of the 1950's. So that means that Foxborough, the Garden, etc. may have never been built. The Boston that's in the game (and yes, I definitely think that's the setting) will likely be much different than the way it actually panned out (the city planning, buildings, etc.) in real life. Anything built before 1950 (like MIT I believe) will be there. But anything after, maybe, maybe not.

I think MIT will be a major part of the story. If you don't already know that's the center of what is known as The Institute, a place where androids are made/produced and studied. It should be interesting. We'll know a lot more after June 14!
OK so if that's the case, then Fenway and the Monster should be there both were built in 1912. It is easily one of the most recognizable places in Boston. That would be like having Fallout 2 without the White House. It should be in the game even if it is run down or half demolished.

And also the only thing I listed that would not fit the 1950 requirement was the Garden, technically. But they could still put in the old which was built in the 1920's.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:37 PM   #48
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
OK so if that's the case, then Fenway and the Monster should be there both were built in 1912. It is easily one of the most recognizable places in Boston. That would be like having Fallout 2 without the White House. It should be in the game even if it is run down or half demolished.

And also the only thing I listed that would not fit the 1950 requirement was the Garden, technically. But they could still put in the old which was built in the 1920's.
That's correct, and it would be awesome to see Fenway in the game. But I'm not holding my breathe on that one. Bethesda can take many liberties with the way the city looks, what's in it, etc. in the Fallout world because they can just say, "well, that was destroyed," if what we'd like to see isn't in the game.

The White House was not in Fallout 3 and the game was set in Washington. There was a large area that was in essence a big crater where you could tell there used to be a sizable structure but it was reduced to rubble. Many Fallout fans made the assumption that was where the White House was and used it as the reason it was not in the game. Same could be said about Fenway. In the Fallout alternate universe it could have been destroyed completely, or for all we know (in their world) the Red Sox could have moved to another city, the park could be destroyed, etc. In a nutshell I'm just saying that Bethesda is never tied to recreating anything in Fallout as it exists today.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »