Home

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

This is a discussion on Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2020, 05:16 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerromy
I don't understand the big problem with SBMM?? I mean if someone can explain what everyone's issue is with it then I might be able to understand. I guess this will show my skill level when I say, I'd rather play people my own skill level so I can get better??? Maybe that isn't the right mindset to have?
There's nothing wrong with your mindset, but the main reason is that people want to play casually. At the end of the day COD has always been a casual arcade shooter and with heavy SBMM, above average and really good players are constantly facing people who will do anything to get a win. That means people using the most powerful weapons, sliding around every corner, jumpshotting, etc. Most people that I've seen complain (including myself) just want to hop on COD with their friends to have fun and dominate.

That's not to say some sort of SBMM shouldn't exist for newer players, but it should not be as heavy as it is now. Also another issue that people have brought up is connection. With such heavy SBMM, they prioritize skill over good connection. That obviously causes issues with lag which makes the game even more frustrating.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:56 PM   #34
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaVsFaN2273
There's nothing wrong with your mindset, but the main reason is that people want to play casually. At the end of the day COD has always been a casual arcade shooter and with heavy SBMM, above average and really good players are constantly facing people who will do anything to get a win. That means people using the most powerful weapons, sliding around every corner, jumpshotting, etc. Most people that I've seen complain (including myself) just want to hop on COD with their friends to have fun and dominate.

That's not to say some sort of SBMM shouldn't exist for newer players, but it should not be as heavy as it is now. Also another issue that people have brought up is connection. With such heavy SBMM, they prioritize skill over good connection. That obviously causes issues with lag which makes the game even more frustrating.
Lag comp is my biggest frustration with these games.
Old 09-20-2020, 11:36 AM   #35
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Cross-platform is (at least theoretically) another issue when it comes to SBMM. That said, I agree with lag being my biggest issue in MW (2019). The games I experience are incredibly inconsistent due to lag differential, and I wish they could find a way to group players better by relative ping/latency in addition to, or exclusive of, other factors.

On topic: I don't love Cold War based on the alpha. It doesn't compare well to Modern Warfare, at all, but that doesn't necessarily mean it couldn't be a fun game. MW was the first COD game I played since MW2 and the original Black Ops title, and I've played it quite a bit (still do). But to compare it objectively to BOCW alpha, they aren't close.

If you were looking for something either a step up from MW or at least relatively similar, you probably won't like BOCW.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2020, 09:04 PM   #36
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Not sure how widespread it's or if I got lucky, but those with Comcast/Xfinity, check your emails for a possible early access beta code. Randomly got one as a tie in with Xfinity, gave it to my younger brother to try out.

Thought it was worth giving a heads up.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 10-02-2020, 11:26 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Not sure how widespread it's or if I got lucky, but those with Comcast/Xfinity, check your emails for a possible early access beta code. Randomly got one as a tie in with Xfinity, gave it to my younger brother to try out.

Thought it was worth giving a heads up.
I'm pretty sure it's available for all Xfinity customers.

https://www.xfinity.com/esports?CMP=...560#callofduty
Old 10-02-2020, 11:27 AM   #38
MVP

Old 10-02-2020, 12:43 PM   #39
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's available for all Xfinity customers.

https://www.xfinity.com/esports?CMP=...560#callofduty

Even better then.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 10-09-2020, 02:54 AM   #40
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Played a few matches tonight and enjoying the beta. they need to tune the gun sounds. Waaay to loud, barely can hear the hitmarkers. Other than that no complaints

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »