Home

E3 2022 canceled

This is a discussion on E3 2022 canceled within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2022, 04:53 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
E3 2022 canceled

Wasn't sure where to post this. E3 2022 is canceled and will return next year. I would imagine Summer Gamefest to take a bigger role in game reveals and showcases this summer.

I would expect a more spread out approach from May to August with showcases having their own space
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2022, 05:54 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: E3 2022 canceled

I haven't kept up with e3 much the last few years. Were they struggling to get companies to participate? I thought I had read it was going to be virtual this year?

Was this expected?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 03-31-2022, 06:40 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Not really surprised. I don't mind Keighley's Summer Game Fest but I really hope he has a two week fest in June and then again in late August near Gamescom because the spread out thing like 2020 is horrible.

Really hoping for Microsoft to have their Xbox showcase in the second week of June as that would work out perfectly for me. Plus im already hyped for it!!

Nintendo will probably be June. Sony could be June or September. If they don't have a show in June then September is most likely guaranteed.

Also looking forward to the Ubisoft showcase which has been rumored for a while and that it's supposed to be a big showcase.
Old 03-31-2022, 07:56 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I haven't kept up with e3 much the last few years. Were they struggling to get companies to participate? I thought I had read it was going to be virtual this year?

Was this expected?

Developers basically starting hosting their own events. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, EA, Ubisoft have their own events. So the last few E3s been shallow because none of the big name games were there.
Old 03-31-2022, 08:01 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Developers basically starting hosting their own events. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, EA, Ubisoft have their own events. So the last few E3s been shallow because none of the big name games were there.
Maybe they shift what the goal of the show is? Start being a showcase for more indie games and titles from the aforementioned AAA developers.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2022, 08:16 PM   #6
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

The last couple E3s for me have become more about watching streams with a live chat and memes than some of the games introduced. I'll miss that but otherwise the shows are too bloated.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 03-31-2022, 10:47 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 0

I really miss the days of e3 just felt special to get a lot of video game news over like 3-4 days ever year was like the superbowl week for video games and the live reactions always made things so great. Kind of sucks now days not getting to see those reactions and getting like small info at times but I also get that with todays world and like 24/7 news that e3 is not really needed. Last years e3 was beyond pathetic and 2020 we didn't get one because of covid. 2019 was terrible not has bad has last year but bad. So really 2018 was the last real e3. So e3 has been dead like 4 years now.
Old 03-31-2022, 11:06 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I really miss the days of e3 just felt special to get a lot of video game news over like 3-4 days ever year was like the superbowl week for video games and the live reactions always made things so great. Kind of sucks now days not getting to see those reactions and getting like small info at times but I also get that with todays world and like 24/7 news that e3 is not really needed. Last years e3 was beyond pathetic and 2020 we didn't get one because of covid. 2019 was terrible not has bad has last year but bad. So really 2018 was the last real e3. So e3 has been dead like 4 years now.
Yeah, there's not much need for the traditional E3 anymore when big publishers can do it on their own and get as much publicity without necessarily worrying about being outshined. Either they can do their own showcase or jump onto another showcase like GamesCon, ONL, an event in Summer Gamefest

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »