Home

OS Champions Rules and Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on OS Champions Rules and Discussion Thread within the OS Champions Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Champions Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2016, 09:53 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OS Champions Rules and Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhogan3132
If we are really trying to do something unique with this dynasty I say we scrap any 4th down rule. If a player has a problem with a particular 4th down call they can bring it to the attention of the commish. If that user developed a history of complaints steps can be taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good to me. I don't think I've even seen someone mention a 4th down rule yet lol
Old 01-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #58
Living the Dream

SugaRicky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro10
I like what Hogan said, but unfortunately people get way too anal about the rules and take it them literally which doesn't allow creativity like a fake punt to occur. Maybe that can be a rule that you can do a fake punt or something at your own expense?
We shouldn't make rules for surprise plays. I believe that everyone here is sim and knows better.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:56 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugaRicky
We shouldn't make rules for surprise plays. I believe that everyone here is sim and knows better.
I was just talking about some problems I've seen happen in other leagues regarding 4th down rules. People are too anal about it IMO
Old 01-12-2016, 10:00 PM   #60
Living the Dream

SugaRicky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro10
I was just talking about some problems I've seen happen in other leagues regarding 4th down rules. People are too anal about it IMO
Lol maybe in JE's league but I think some others are pretty lax. Like Supporters for example. Hogan knows what I'm talking about.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:00 PM   #61
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

my only issues with that are
1) we assume that everyone knows whats sim and whats not but people will always justify things in their favor...
2) if thats the case then whoever feels they were cheated will get the raw end of the stick everytime because they're taking that L no matter what...
3) a money play on 4th down from anywhere might as well be 4th an inches
4) it will eventually turn into people going for it because the other person did, or because the other person would have etc..

the Urban Meyer and Oregon thing has been brought up alot but when you play a random person not on OS the first thing you establish is "are we punting on forth downs or not"... thats the #1 rule of sim. I just think that will open up a can of worms
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 10:02 PM   #62
Living the Dream

SugaRicky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEJunior
my only issues with that are
1) we assume that everyone knows whats sim and whats not but people will always justify things in their favor...
2) if thats the case then whoever feels they were cheated will get the raw end of the stick everytime because they're taking that L no matter what...
3) a money play on 4th down from anywhere might as well be 4th an inches
4) it will eventually turn into people going for it because the other person did, or because the other person would have etc..

the Urban Meyer and Oregon thing has been brought up alot but when you play a random person not on OS the first thing you establish is "are we punting on forth downs or not"... thats the #1 rule of sim. I just think that will open up a can of worms
I think Hogan's rule in Supporters may be a good start. Let me go copy it and show y'all.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:05 PM   #63
Living the Dream

SugaRicky's Arena

Here it is

"If you are on your side of the field, there is no reason to be going for it unless you are trailing in the 4th quarter. Now if you are in your opponents territory and you are inside the 40 and you want to go for it, I don`t have a problem with that. If you are down in the 4th quarter of a game then I understand you are going to go for it from wherever on the field."
Old 01-12-2016, 10:07 PM   #64
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

The issue in my league wouldn't have been an issue if people would just punt and fg.. there are obviously times when you know in real life someone would go for it but other times people make justifications for what they do

the situation that happened in my league was a guy up 3 with 3 minutes in fg range on 4th and 5... even if I had no rule at all I dont agree with going for it there, 4th and 1 or 2 I cant argue so much.. we're talking about people agreeing with what sim is but if 4th and 5 is cool to go for it then you just need 2 yards a play and youre good for the whole game lol

people may or may not like the rule I have specifically, it could be a little more distance but I think a black and white rule eliminates different opinions and I think pushing for more people going for it on forth is the wrong direction

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Champions Dynasty »