Home

You know what really grinds my gears?

This is a discussion on You know what really grinds my gears? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2016, 12:03 PM   #18961

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Am I making a big deal out of nothing? There's just something about being tracked that bothers me. I guess it's like he's calling me a liar and there's no trust, don't think I can work for someone like that,
Yes, it's how it is. He's paying you so you do it his way.

Your only options are to not take his jobs or to take his jobs and work the way he wants you to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 12:28 PM   #18962
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Am I making a big deal out of nothing? There's just something about being tracked that bothers me. I guess it's like he's calling me a liar and there's no trust, don't think I can work for someone like that,
He's not calling you a liar or not trusting you. He's protecting his business interests. If you don't like it, don't take jobs from him anymore. It seems like you have plenty of other options. It doesn't have to be acrimonious. Just tell him you don't want to be tracked again and that it's a deal-breaker, then he can make the decision whether he wants you to keep working for him without being tracked.

It sounds like you've had a good working relationship with this guy, and I assume you also get along with him outside the context of work. This doesn't really sound like something that should be blown up into a situation where feelings are hurt.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 10-16-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:05 PM   #18963
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I can see why he would want to do it. I also don't necessarily see why it bothers you that much. If you're there doing the job and you you want him to trust you, he'd still know you were there. The app just proves that. It's just easier for him to probably have you follow it so that all of his other employees do so than give you a free pass and eventually others find out and want the same thing.

You can always turn it off when you're done with the job so it's not like he's "tracking" you as much as verifying you were where you said you were.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:16 PM   #18964
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Think JMD's problem is more with the location tracking stuff that's so prevalent these days then the business doing it.

I don't think that makes him a paranoid nut either. I'm 26 and I don't have location services turned on. When it's helpful, I turn it on. I understand if someone really wanted to find that stuff out, they probably could. But I'm not going to just offer it up.

It's just one of those things. Like how some people don't want to be on Facebook. It's their decision and their right, but just like you won't be able to reap the benefits of logging in through Facebook on other services, JMD probably won't be able to work for this guy anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 10-16-2016, 01:36 PM   #18965

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Think JMD's problem is more with the location tracking stuff that's so prevalent these days then the business doing it.

I don't think that makes him a paranoid nut either. I'm 26 and I don't have location services turned on. When it's helpful, I turn it on. I understand if someone really wanted to find that stuff out, they probably could. But I'm not going to just offer it up.

It's just one of those things. Like how some people don't want to be on Facebook. It's their decision and their right, but just like you won't be able to reap the benefits of logging in through Facebook on other services, JMD probably won't be able to work for this guy anymore.
It's a big difference when your protecting your location in your own personal time versus time you are being paid to be at a certain location don't you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 02:36 PM   #18966
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

I'd feel some type of way about being location tracked by my employer. But like others have said, his contract, his rules.

twitter - @dsallupinyaarea
psn - dsallupinyaarea8
xbox - dsallupinyoarea
Old 10-16-2016, 04:09 PM   #18967
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's a big difference when your protecting your location in your own personal time versus time you are being paid to be at a certain location don't you think?

No. privacy is still privacy. Of course this is going to be the norm eventually with cases like the St Louis Coca Cola lawsuit and the school official in New York.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

Last edited by dickey1331; 10-16-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:35 PM   #18968
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

It's an extremely poor argument to say it's an invasion of privacy for an employer or someone who has contracted you to want to know where you are when billing depends on being at a location. How is that an invasion of privacy? Sorry, but you're not on your time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »