Home

You know what really grinds my gears?

This is a discussion on You know what really grinds my gears? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2019, 03:27 PM   #21721
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
backstory:
Spoiler

This is astonishingly happening again. There was a valentine's clearance sale for phone upgrades and I really wanted an upgrade because the phone I got before is just brutal. Was apprehensive because I remember the hassle with the Fedex delivery issue from before. I finally tracked the package down last time with help of my landlord, she happened to recognize the name that signed for it from a local business.

So today is the day of delivery for the new phone, and I'm high anxiety again because I know that door knock is coming and if I'm not prepared it could trigger an "amygdala hijack", plus the fear of the driver screwing up AGAIN. Welp, it happened, I saw the Fedex truck drive up, pass the entrance, pull in next door, sit for a minute, and drive away. I refresh the tracking page and it now says "Incorrect address - street number", so I double check my shipping address and everything is correct. This is unreal, and of course the suggested action is to call a number
lol
but they have your phone

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2019, 08:03 PM   #21722
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
backstory:
Spoiler

This is astonishingly happening again. There was a valentine's clearance sale for phone upgrades and I really wanted an upgrade because the phone I got before is just brutal. Was apprehensive because I remember the hassle with the Fedex delivery issue from before. I finally tracked the package down last time with help of my landlord, she happened to recognize the name that signed for it from a local business.

So today is the day of delivery for the new phone, and I'm high anxiety again because I know that door knock is coming and if I'm not prepared it could trigger an "amygdala hijack", plus the fear of the driver screwing up AGAIN. Welp, it happened, I saw the Fedex truck drive up, pass the entrance, pull in next door, sit for a minute, and drive away. I refresh the tracking page and it now says "Incorrect address - street number", so I double check my shipping address and everything is correct. This is unreal, and of course the suggested action is to call a number

You sat and watched all of this and didn't say anything? A simple "hey, do you have a package for x?" probably eliminates all this back and forth.

twitter - @dsallupinyaarea
psn - dsallupinyaarea8
xbox - dsallupinyoarea
Old 02-18-2019, 12:23 AM   #21723
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsallupinyaarea
You sat and watched all of this and didn't say anything? A simple "hey, do you have a package for x?" probably eliminates all this back and forth.
To clarify, the entrance is about 100 yards away from my building, he pulled into the fitness studio in a way that made me think he missed his turn and was about to turn around. Also, the fitness studio put up a giant fence to block their members from having to see us, so I would've had to run down my parking lot, through the restaurant parking lot, turn down the street, run into the fitness studio parking lot, hope he was still there, and ask if he had a delivery for me. This guy claimed through customer service that the apartment number wasn't listed on the package anyway, so he likely wouldn't have given it to me regardless.

Note: I double checked the shipping label and my apartment number was listed correctly on the tracking page, so this person was either lazy or couldn't figure out where to turn.

It's not like the truck was right outside my door and I could go greet him
Old 02-18-2019, 12:23 PM   #21724
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
When cable networks completely sell-out and totally abandon their original raison d'etre, e.g. MTV (the original example), Bravo, VH1, etc. etc. The latest example that is really bugging me for some reason is the Travel Channel. It used to be one of my favorite channels, but there is literally nothing on now but ghost adventures and stupid paranormal shows. What the hell does any of that even remotely have to do with travel? I suppose I wouldn't mind the occasional off-topic show, and certainly every show doesn't have to be about travel directly, but they literally have no travel programming whatsoever any more. They don't even have any shows that are peripherally about travel, even if by accident (!).

The problem with that strategy is that it's fool's gold. MTV had short-term success with things like 'Jersey Shore' and whatever else, but once they completely abandoned music programming their cache as a network is basically now zero. I haven't turned my TV to that station in decades. I realize I'm out of the target demo, but there's no reason to ever even look at what's on over there (even as music videos for background music). Travel Channel is now in that category, unfortunately.

100%

All of my go to nature channels are like 80% reality crap now. I low-key don't even want to see people on nature channels unless they're reenacting something or narrating the intro.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:38 PM   #21725
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
To clarify, the entrance is about 100 yards away from my building, he pulled into the fitness studio in a way that made me think he missed his turn and was about to turn around. Also, the fitness studio put up a giant fence to block their members from having to see us, so I would've had to run down my parking lot, through the restaurant parking lot, turn down the street, run into the fitness studio parking lot, hope he was still there, and ask if he had a delivery for me. This guy claimed through customer service that the apartment number wasn't listed on the package anyway, so he likely wouldn't have given it to me regardless.

Note: I double checked the shipping label and my apartment number was listed correctly on the tracking page, so this person was either lazy or couldn't figure out where to turn.

It's not like the truck was right outside my door and I could go greet him
I hate to laugh, and I really hate to laugh at someone else's misfortune, but I hope you never move, l3uvl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2019, 03:46 PM   #21726
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

FedEx dude doesn’t feel like dealing with those goofballs in your building you were talking about earlier. Tough route I guess, but it’s not cool he’s BS’ing to get out of doing his job and the onus is on you. But if you want your stuff, I don’t see any way but to either wait for the delivery guy (which would be weird for both of you) or make that call. Maybe someone can help ya out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 02-18-2019, 05:11 PM   #21727
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

People who drive the wrong way in parking lots.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:32 PM   #21728

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

When you're driving behind someone who just pulled out of the driveway, and they're in "I'm going to do 10 MPH and drive like a 90 year old because I'm obviously distracted and probably still on my phone" mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »