Home

What is the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say?

This is a discussion on What is the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-19-2010, 12:47 PM   #209
MVP

OVR: 31
Re: What is the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
What I'm saying is that she probably didn't even take time to think about it. Someone probably mentioned fake ID's and her first thought was what year do you need to be born, and she thought it aloud. I do it all the time.
I guess in that context I can see where you're coming from. Maybe you had to be there to actually hear it, because in this case it was very clearly said in a dumb blonde way as opposed to a wondering aloud way.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #210
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunk880
I guess in that context I can see where you're coming from. Maybe you had to be there to actually hear it, because in this case it was very clearly said in a dumb blonde way as opposed to a wondering aloud way.
If she had to think about it for longer than 10 seconds and couldn't figure it out, then, yes, I suppose it was pretty dumb... lol

I'm just saying, I've had plenty of situations when I've looked to other people for simple math. I was scoring a Penn State hockey game a week and a half ago. I had never done a men's game, so I was a little stressed and wanted to make sure I got everything right. When you score a game in hockey and need to write the time that something occured (goal, penalty, etc.), you always use the time that has elapsed in the period, not what the clock shows... sort of like soccer. A couple of the times I just asked the other people in the scorers box to do the subtraction for me. I knew they could do it quicker, and I'd just get flustered if I tried to do it, knowing that I had a billion other things to worry about.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #211
MVP

OVR: 15

"Kevin Durant's natural position is PF"

My Teams
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
NCAA FB: Nebraska Cornhuskers
NCAA BB: North Carolina Tar Heels
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #212
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
This. No one can POSSIBLY be that dumb. I can't believe I didn't find this thread until today.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:03 AM   #213
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by miget33
"And the Golden Globe for Best Drama Picture goes to, Avatar"
Golden Globes are nothing more than a popularity contest.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #214
MVP

OVR: 19

I've got two for you, both from my mom.

#1 - Me, my cousin, and my mom were at O'Charley's, and it was my mom's first time there. The server comes and takes our order and gets to my mom. She orders her entree and the server asks her, "Would you like soup or salad with that?" Mom replies to him, "Yeah, that sounds good."

A few minutes go by and our salads/soups come out, and my mom looks at me and my cousin with a strange expression. After the server walked away, she said, "This doesn't look super to me."

It's been 8 years and we talk about it every time we visit each other. It really never gets old.

#2 - Mom again. We were sitting around drinking coffee a few months ago, and I can't remember what we were talking about, but mom threw in the best one liner I've ever heard - "I didn't think about it until I thought about it." My wife and I fell out, but mom did to. It's a good thing she has a sense of humor.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #215
Banned

OVR: 62

From my mother's resume when she was looking for a job she claimed to have excellent intra-personal skills that would be a huge asset to any company. It took a solid hour to convince her that if she turned in that resume people would think she had multiple personalities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #216
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I've got two for you, both from my mom.

#1 - Me, my cousin, and my mom were at O'Charley's, and it was my mom's first time there. The server comes and takes our order and gets to my mom. She orders her entree and the server asks her, "Would you like soup or salad with that?" Mom replies to him, "Yeah, that sounds good."

A few minutes go by and our salads/soups come out, and my mom looks at me and my cousin with a strange expression. After the server walked away, she said, "This doesn't look super to me."

It's been 8 years and we talk about it every time we visit each other. It really never gets old.

#2 - Mom again. We were sitting around drinking coffee a few months ago, and I can't remember what we were talking about, but mom threw in the best one liner I've ever heard - "I didn't think about it until I thought about it." My wife and I fell out, but mom did to. It's a good thing she has a sense of humor.
That first story is literally gold.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »