Home

Favorite board game?

This is a discussion on Favorite board game? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #73
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Favorite board game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
^Never seen or heard of that game in my life. Had to google it to see what it was about. Sounds pretty cool.
It's a great drinking game! There's even several tutorial videos on YouTube on how to play. Check it out.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #74
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18

Apba Baseball and Strat-o-Matic Football. Every year me and my dad play a season of Apba Baseball (I play as the Nats). Even though I'm in college now, we are going to try to play a season over the summer. One game only takes about 15 minutes and is extremely fun.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #75
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I cannot get any of my friends or family to play board games and it frustrates me for some reason. I enjoyed Monopoly as a kid, but would always get pissed when I went broke. That's about the only board game I got to play with some consistency.

My brother and I had this Flintstones board game, but we started cheating at it and my aunt took it away lol.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 27

Life
Clue
Trouble
Scrabble
Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #77
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Was going to start a thread about board games but search found this discussion.

Favorite board game by far currently is Battlestar Galactica. A more recent favorite is Pandemic, and we just recently played Twilight Imperium for the first time last weekend... Want to get the expansions but apparently I'd have to pay over $150 for one of them, guess I'll be waiting for a reprint or something.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I love BSG! It's amazing how much it recreates the show's paranoia and sense of doom, especially with the right group of people. TI3 is another favorite, but the Shattered Empire expansion fixes a lot of things about the base game, making politics a more attractive strategy, changing up the Imperial card, and the Tech II and Trade II cards are much more effective as well. I'm sure FFG will reprint them eventually (they still have them at their store here in MN).

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 02-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #78
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
I love BSG! It's amazing how much it recreates the show's paranoia and sense of doom, especially with the right group of people. TI3 is another favorite, but the Shattered Empire expansion fixes a lot of things about the base game, making politics a more attractive strategy, changing up the Imperial card, and the Tech II and Trade II cards are much more effective as well. I'm sure FFG will reprint them eventually (they still have them at their store here in MN).
I am buying this today.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #79
MVP

jack1535's Arena

OVR: 3
Candy Land played all the time as a kid. If I had people to play with Risk would be my favorite. Only got to play once in my life though

Last edited by jack1535; 02-06-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #80
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
I actually found I was wrong, the expansion I want is the one you mentioned. The expansion that's $150 is Shards of the Throne.

Only reason I haven't ordered Shattered Empire is because no Prime Shipping options, lol.

Based on some of these response maybe I should have just started a new thread... BSG, Descent, Waterdeep, TI3... those are the kinds of games I wanted to talk about... We also just recently played the hell out of Legendary, the Marvel deck building game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »