Home

Deepest, darkest secrets you're willing to share about yourself

This is a discussion on Deepest, darkest secrets you're willing to share about yourself within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #97
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Deepest, darkest secrets you're willing to share about yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Irish 69
that depends, would you try to put something in my drink?
After reading those stories, would I really need to?
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 03-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #98
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
After reading those stories, would I really need to?
i suppose not

and with this weekend being St Patty's Day weekend, and me having quite a bit of Irish in my lineage, and as you can tell probably a drinking problem lol, i may have some more material in a couple days
Old 03-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #99
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

I'll steer clear from the drunken stories. My 4 years in college are a blur of alcohol, hazing, and swaps/band parties.

I'll share a story that doesn't directly involve me.

As some of you may know, I have a sister who is 5 years older than me. She was smart, popular, and seemingly had a good head on her shoulders. She used to date a new guy every month and they were typically in the same social class as her. Late in her junior year that changed. She started dating a kid who was the typical slack *** rich kid. My parents hated him and I didn't realize why until after the relationship ended.

Her and my parents fought about this all the time. They disapproved but couldn't really prevent them from seeing each other. Well she graduates high school and stays in Tuscaloosa to go to Alabama for college. She wanted to move out and move in with her boyfriend. My mom pretty much lost it over this. She moved in with him in May of 2000. For 2 months, my parents barely spoke to her and actually did not see her despite living in the same town.

One morning she wakes up to get ready for class and he's laying in bed asleep next to her. He apparently had gone out the night before and got home really late. No big deal since she was taking summer classes to get a leg up on her core classes required for nursing school. She got ready and all that **** then went to kiss him goodbye before leaving. When she leaned she realized he wasn't breathing and didn't have a pulse.

He died in his sleep that night due to an overdose. She was a complete wreck. Her eyes were red and puffy for weeks. She didn't date anyone her entire freshman year and was living at home again. The summer after her freshman year she met her current husband. They've been together 12 years now and have 2 kids. Whenever I think of people and couples that are absolutely soul mates I immediately think of them.

I'm not a bad person. I also don't wish bad things to happen to people.

But I'll admit I have never once felt any sadness or grief over his death. In fact, it didn't bother me at all when he died and it certainly doesn't to this day. I feel like she wasn't going to break away from him and her life was headed down a bad road. Since his passing, she's become a nursing supervisor, has 2 wonderful kids, a husband who embodies what it is to be a great person and father, and a massive 5,000 square foot home. My family is as strong as it has ever been and my sister's relationship with my mother is strong again.

Like I said, I don't wish bad things onto people. But I am thankful for everything that has happened since that day. I think his death prevented my sister from having a terrible life.

If that does make me a bad person, so be it I guess.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 03-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #100
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

Not really a secret for anyone who knows me well in person, but I don't think I ever shared this on OS.

I have Tetrology of Fallot. It is a heart defect that I was born with. I had two surgeries when I was a baby to correct it. I had a hole in my heart and a leaky Pulmonary Valve.

I am fine now, my doctors did a great job. The only problems I have is that I run out of breath a lot faster than most people do. Also growing up my doctor recommended that I stayed out of sports like football and basketball. These are the only two sports I have any desire to play so that kind of sucks I could never play them in HS.

Now I am 18 and go get a check up once a year. All looks good, but depending how much I continue to grow in the next year or so, I may need another surgery if I outgrow the shunt in my valve.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #101
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
I've shared this story on OS before but it's been a while.

Back in like 2001 or 2002 there was a hurricane coming to Louisiana, so out the blue I woke up at like 1 or 2 am and decided to just leave and go somewhere.

I jumped in my car and decided to go see Tennessee. After arriving in Tennessee I didn't know what to do so I stopped at this little hole in wall bar. I walked in, sat at bar and ordered a drink. To my right this big chested blonde chick says where are you from. I guess she could tell my Cajun accent. So I tell her and we get to talking why I am in Tennessee. So i tell her I'm going to be driving back after this. Out of no where she says "can I come?", "can you bring me back next weekend?". So I tell her sure. But also kind of thrown off a little cause I've only met this girl for 15mins.

So we jump in our cars and I follow her to her house so she can get clothes. She jumps in my car and we take off back for Louisiana. Around Mississippi she starts going down on me, so I'm thinking this week is about to get crazy!

Long story short it was a week full of never leaving bed room and then I brought her back the following weekend had one last go in her car and left.

Never seen her since and only talked to her one other time when out the blue like 2 years later she called me and said she and her friend were coming to Baton Rouge and wanted to see if I was down for a three some. Which didn't happen sadly.

Wild crazy times

Sent from da lil phone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #102
Banned

OVR: 24

I still tear up (ok, cry a lot) at the end of the movie "La Bamba".
Old 03-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #103
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
I just thought of a bad one I did when I was a kid.

I was brought up to be a huge animal lover. We always had multiple dogs and cats.

Well when I was like 11 or 12 my parents got me this puppy black Labrador. They gave it to me right before school one morning and I got to play with him right before I left.

Well couple hours into school I suddenly hear my name on the intercom that I'm being checked out. So I get in the car with my mom and she starts crying and tells me my puppy is dead. That a stray dog broke into our fence and mangled the puppy. My mom rushed it to the vet but they couldn't save him.

Well I was devastated. So about a week later I took the handle from one of those big push brooms and unscrewed the handle I then went find that stray dog.

I cornered him and killed him. Then buried him in the woods. At the time I felt eye for a eye was justified. Only time I've ever killed something I didn't plan to eat.

To this day no one knows. My parents would of been pissed if they found out even though it was a vile creature.

Sent from da lil phone.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #104
Rookie

dudy80's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
Not really a secret for anyone who knows me well in person, but I don't think I ever shared this on OS.

I have Tetrology of Fallot. It is a heart defect that I was born with. I had two surgeries when I was a baby to correct it. I had a hole in my heart and a leaky Pulmonary Valve.

I am fine now, my doctors did a great job. The only problems I have is that I run out of breath a lot faster than most people do. Also growing up my doctor recommended that I stayed out of sports like football and basketball. These are the only two sports I have any desire to play so that kind of sucks I could never play them in HS.

Now I am 18 and go get a check up once a year. All looks good, but depending how much I continue to grow in the next year or so, I may need another surgery if I outgrow the shunt in my valve.
I also have a CHD, was born with Pulmonary Atresia, Transposition of the great vessels, and also had lots of issues with WPW when i was young. Had open heart surgery when i was 4 and they did the Fontan procedure.

Fortunately like you my doctors were great and i haven't had any real major issues since (23 now). Just get winded easier like you do as my blood oxygen levels are usually around 90%.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »