Home

Any businesses owners here ? (Former or aspiring )

This is a discussion on Any businesses owners here ? (Former or aspiring ) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2016, 03:34 PM   #17
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Any businesses owners here ? (Former or aspiring )

I never checked but I saw a bunch of free books on Amazon on business which was cool. I also got into watching Gary Vaynerchuck just recently and that guy gives out great advice. I'm about to start up his books about branding and social marketing.

He talks a lot about Snapchat and other apps to use other than the big ones. I can see the potential for sure and I would have the one up from my competition since none of them use it.

I'm thinking of hiring a kid straight out of college to just live there and take videos and do social media all day.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 05-20-2016, 03:38 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
I never checked but I saw a bunch of free books on Amazon on business which was cool. I also got into watching Gary Vaynerchuck just recently and that guy gives out great advice. I'm about to start up his books about branding and social marketing.

He talks a lot about Snapchat and other apps to use other than the big ones. I can see the potential for sure and I would have the one up from my competition since none of them use it.

I'm thinking of hiring a kid straight out of college to just live there and take videos and do social media all day.
If only I lived in the Philippines...lol. I would love that job. Also check out Marcus Lemonis. He has a TV show on CSNBC called the Profit. He goes out and helps failing businesses get back up to speed. It might help, might not. But just another avenue to check into.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:54 PM   #19
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
I think its a good idea, gotta give it a try. Get a hold of party planners who are already in the business and see if you can throw your idea at them and if that is something they'll rent from you. Being in Texas, you would think that the events would be endless.

As far as your gf thinking your idea is dumb, that's something I went through before I left the states. My brother and sister, cousins, friends were pretty negative of me going to the Philippines since I don't speak the language and were scared we were wasting our time and money since none of us ran a business before.

Thats why you surround yourself with people in the same mindset as you. I'm friends with other entrepreneurs and its amazing when we get together because we just throw ideas at each other left and right. Some of them are far fetched but then something clicks and you can't stop thinking about and how you can make it work.

I hope we can do the same in this thread and help each other.
Unfortunately I don't really have family members or friends with this mindset either . I would like to find a group of friends where we can just kick ideas to each other.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 05-21-2016, 05:30 PM   #20
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Unfortunately I don't really have family members or friends with this mindset either . I would like to find a group of friends where we can just kick ideas to each other.
It comes when you start networking which is key. I saved so much money just asking for peoples connections to things and made some friends from that which was cool.

Just curious since you started the thread, did you have an idea that you were thinking about or just wondering what its like to be a business?
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 05-21-2016, 09:59 PM   #21
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
It comes when you start networking which is key. I saved so much money just asking for peoples connections to things and made some friends from that which was cool.

Just curious since you started the thread, did you have an idea that you were thinking about or just wondering what its like to be a business?
More so what it was like . Lately I've been doing a lot of reading best selling books and watching interviews . I've also picked the brain of a lot of older business owners I know. I just haven't found my niche yet .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »