Home

CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States.

This is a discussion on CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States. within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 03:57 PM   #3465
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I don't think these are nefarious. I'll relate it to something I know more about with mental health. Insurance only covers sessions with a therapist if there's a diagnosis. If there's no diagnosis, insurance won't pay. This causes therapists to put a diagnosis in their notes, even if the person doesn't fit the criteria, in order to help the person get their sessions covered.

This inflates the number of people diagnosed with something (adjustment disorder, general anxiety, and depression are most commonly used because the criteria are pretty easy to hit) and could give a false impression of the statistics. Technically it's fraud, but because of how the system is set up, it becomes extremely common practice for therapists who take insurance.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

I dig this perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
One county in Texas has asked for a 1 week pause in testing, and we still aren't even testing enough.

As for irregularities in reporting, counting, etc... if only there was some form of overarching connective tissue, maybe call it a government, that could set standards and assist with the problems states are having... and perhaps this government could have started this process in January or February.

Ain’t that some ****? Lead in such an ambiguous way that you create the irregularities, than point to the chaos you helped cause to push people to your desired outcome.

If there’s any grand conspiracy, look no further than the top of the ****ing pyramid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2020, 04:09 PM   #3466
Banned

OVR: 0

Can you imagine posting an article by the Free Beacon as trusted source to show how the media is unethical, and an example of what not to trust. That would be insane.

Yet, how many people here play the, “You know, I think I had it myself back in...”

And this guy is hospitalized with similar symptoms and his he is the face of misinformation. At least we don’t waste time spreading that nonsense.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:17 PM   #3467
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Can you imagine posting an article by the Free Beacon as trusted source to show how the media is unethical, and an example of what not to trust. That would be insane.

Yet, how many people here play the, “You know, I think I had it myself back in...”

And this guy is hospitalized with similar symptoms and his he is the face of misinformation. At least we don’t waste time spreading that nonsense.
Look at the info/sourcing the article pulled from. Not like the site is just making it up. It's literally the guy's words.

I understand the desire for it to immediately dismissed based on the website, however.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 07-10-2020 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:26 PM   #3468
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
You know, you are probably right. I bet there is nothing going on at all...
I don't know if this was directed at me since you didn't quote anyone, but good grief...I never said directly or indirectly that "nothing is going on at all". I am simply stating that I really don't understand how what we deem a COVID death is being determined.

As for the discussion that followed, I don't think there is anything nefarious going on that is coordinated. The system is set up so that medicare pays out more for COVID patients; I haven't mentioned this in this thread, but my sister works as a nurse in south Florida. At the beginning of this she told us that her entire shift was gathered by the hospital leadership and told that as often as possible, document patients as COVID patients because it is beneficial for the hospital.

They didn't tell them to "break rules" or anything like that, but when the system encourages this type of reporting I can't blame them for it. Again, this isn't a "the virus is made up, the numbers are all fake" take...I'm simply stating that when I look at the numbers I take them with a grain of salt based on personal experiences and those of people I'm close with.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:30 PM   #3469
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Look at the info/sourcing the article pulled from. Not like the site is just making it up. It's literally the guy's words.

I understand the desire for it to immediately dismissed based on the website, however.
I did. Nothing about the story is a big deal. But the paper put enough of a spin on it that suddenly it’s an example of the dishonest media.

So yeah, there is an example of dishonest media, but it wasn't the one you were trying to show.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:52 PM   #3470
Banned

Quote:
They didn't tell them to "break rules" or anything like that, but when the system encourages this type of reporting I can't blame them for it. Again, this isn't a "the virus is made up, the numbers are all fake" take...I'm simply stating that when I look at the numbers I take them with a grain of salt based on personal experiences and those of people I'm close with.
This is a good grain of salt to consider while spreading dubious speculation to doubt the severity of what we are going through. Because we didn’t take this grain before, several cities are going to go through this now because we are selfish and stupid.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 07-10-2020 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:25 PM   #3471

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

You're confusing people sharing what they've experienced with people not caring. (As it pertains to this thread on OS)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2020, 06:44 PM   #3472
Banned

No, you are confusing people minimizing what is happening with anecdotes and lame third hand stories with sharing their experience.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »