Home

CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States.

This is a discussion on CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States. within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 11:50 AM   #3497

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
Yo! I know its been speculated that this could be the case.

But she lays it out here clear as damn day!

https://youtu.be/Tw9Ci2PZKZg

What are we supposed to make of this? Have any of you seen this before?
But ... but that would insurance fraud and a conspiracy of the highest order!

Or it's just what they're doing and no one is stopping it.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:01 PM   #3498
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
Yo! I know its been speculated that this could be the case.

But she lays it out here clear as damn day!

https://youtu.be/Tw9Ci2PZKZg

What are we supposed to make of this? Have any of you seen this before?
Sure have. Look at the date of that video - April 27.

They've been categorizing them this way for quite a while now.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:24 PM   #3499
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

A 42 second Youtube video uploaded by "Thrivetime Show: Business School without the BS". I click on the link and their website is hawking a book called "Fear Unmasked: Discover the Truth About the Coronavirus Shutdown".

You can put the title of the Youtube video in a google search engine and find a few news sites giving more context to the actual process. This video is clearly clipped and possibly edited to strip the context from what she was saying.

Here's one:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coro...eaths/2270810/

With this direct quote:

“There are also some additional deaths that happen in someone who happened to be COVID positive, but where the COVID infection had nothing to do with the deaths,” she said. “So we are at IDPH trying to remove those obvious cases where the COVID diagnosis was not the reason for the death. If there was a gunshot wound, if there was a motor vehicle accident, we know that that was not related to the COVID positive status.
“We are trying to make sure that things that aren’t related at all to the COVID diagnosis are removed, but if someone has another illness, like heart disease, and then had a stroke or other event, it’s not as easy to separate that and say COVID didn’t exacerbate that existing illness. That would not be removed from the count,” she added.

Guys, c'mon. This wasn't exactly a difficult one. Use Youtube for old music videos and SNL sketches. Not for information.

twitter - @dsallupinyaarea
psn - dsallupinyaarea8
xbox - dsallupinyoarea
Old 07-11-2020, 12:33 PM   #3500
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

there may or may not be mislabled corona deaths, I dunno and dont care enough to look into it. who am I, Woodward and Bernstein? I do know not everyone is calling all deaths of patients w/corona a corona related deaths because around here they're still saying former Auburn University football coach Pat Dye died of kidney and liver failure

*shrugs*
Old 07-11-2020, 12:34 PM   #3501
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Is this clipped or edited?

https://week.com/2020/04/20/idph-dir...re-classified/

Okay, so the article in ds's post is from a month later? So it sounds like she walked back some of what she said in that Apr 20 presser. That's fair, and I hadn't seen a follow-up on it before.

"“There are also some additional deaths that happen in someone who happened to be COVID positive, but where the COVID infection had nothing to do with the deaths,” she said. “So we are at IDPH trying to remove those obvious cases where the COVID diagnosis was not the reason for the death. If there was a gunshot wound, if there was a motor vehicle accident, we know that that was not related to the COVID positive status."

That's an important quote, and it stands in contrast to what she said on April 20.

Last edited by bcruise; 07-11-2020 at 12:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 12:39 PM   #3502
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

That’s from weeks later. It looks like she had to clarify her comments.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 07-11-2020, 12:53 PM   #3503
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Is this clipped or edited?

https://week.com/2020/04/20/idph-dir...re-classified/

Okay, so the article in ds's post is from a month later? So it sounds like she walked back some of what she said in that Apr 20 presser. That's fair, and I hadn't seen a follow-up on it before.

"“There are also some additional deaths that happen in someone who happened to be COVID positive, but where the COVID infection had nothing to do with the deaths,” she said. “So we are at IDPH trying to remove those obvious cases where the COVID diagnosis was not the reason for the death. If there was a gunshot wound, if there was a motor vehicle accident, we know that that was not related to the COVID positive status."

That's an important quote, and it stands in contrast to what she said on April 20.

Press conferences aren't typically 63 seconds so by definition it has to be clipped.

Snark aside, What I gather from what she is saying is it's a process.

If someone has chronic heart disease but with medication has a life expectancy of 10 more years then they get COVID and die this year, they're coding that as a COVID fatality for now. If folks believe that's some grand miscarriage of justice then I don't know what to say. If folks believe that means these numbers are overinflated and everything is actually fine, I also don't know what to tell them. Personally, I find the callousness with which some folks treat ppl with a pre-existing conditions as some walking COVID corpse more than offputting but I'm never gonna change their minds.

Do you.

twitter - @dsallupinyaarea
psn - dsallupinyaarea8
xbox - dsallupinyoarea
Old 07-11-2020, 01:08 PM   #3504
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

That is the leading health official in Illinois speaking during a press conference. Her words. There was no slant despite the source of the video lol

For context...a reporter asked the governor of Illinois about a teenager dying in the county, if it was the first teenager, and if the teenager had underlying conditions. The governor just passed the mic to her to address the question...

Then that 42 second clip is her answer and she walked away right after

So it's edited. Yes. But nothing was taken out of context to make it look a certain way.

And just know that I've been on team "Coronavirus is real" and a staunch pro mask advocate this entire time

I'm not saying there's this huge conspiracy and not to believe anything anymore. Just presented a credible video and wanted to hear thoughts on it

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »