Home

Old 12-16-2022, 02:38 PM   #3969
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archsmith99
It's hard for me to get fb's in recruiting, I think my last 2 have been transfers. Like last year I needed one in recruiting but couldn't recruit one because none were interested. Usually when this happens, I just take my worst rb and make him a fb, regardless of weight, because I hardly use a fb and when i do, he isn't blocking anyway, he getting a hand off. I really don't see a difference between doing that and you guys using a wr at rb in certain formations.

I get what youre saying. The reason its hard is because you dont use them, but thats actually realistic lol.. You get 5 star WRs literally every season because thats your playing style. So a team like Texas Tech in the 2000s would never have a FB interested, it would 99% realistically be a walkon or moving somebody. The fact that they barely use a FB is why the walk on doesn't hurt them, same with you

WRs and RBs are interchangeable irl and on the game. Theres no advantage or disadvantage. Same as putting a DB there, no advantage. If you call a 5 wide play the defense will adjust accordingly (cpu or user), if you call a 3 wide play with a RB and WR in you gain the advantage (cpu or user). The weight rule is so we can have more flexibility without too much of an advantage.
Old 12-19-2022, 11:36 AM   #3970
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Aye I need your opinion real quick

I had an idea for injuries last season but didnt use it.. The idea was either to turn off injuries completely or have any of our players that get hurt for multiple weeks be out for the year.

The cpu QBs keep getting hurt and its costed at least 3 different teams a trip to the natty which obviously helped us. If I did the rule last season I still wouldnt have lost anybody so I dont think it would ever be more than 2. What do you think?
Old 12-19-2022, 02:24 PM   #3971
All Star

Archsmith99's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEJunior
Aye I need your opinion real quick

I had an idea for injuries last season but didnt use it.. The idea was either to turn off injuries completely or have any of our players that get hurt for multiple weeks be out for the year.

The cpu QBs keep getting hurt and its costed at least 3 different teams a trip to the natty which obviously helped us. If I did the rule last season I still wouldnt have lost anybody so I dont think it would ever be more than 2. What do you think?
So, if my wr gets a sprained ankle or wrist for 3 weeks, he's out for the year? Seems a little weird if i'm being honest. I'll give it a try tho. My luck, my Qb will get hurt 1st game of season for a couple weeks and be out the entire season lol. I'm RTA btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2022, 02:36 PM   #3972
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Quote:
So, if my wr gets a sprained ankle or wrist for 3 weeks, he's out for the year? Seems a little weird if i'm being honest. I'll give it a try tho. My luck, my Qb will get hurt 1st game of season for a couple weeks and be out the entire season lol. I'm RTA btw.

Why you gotta word it like that

Definitely weird for an ankle to keep you out for a year, but its also weird to make a simulation football game where the injuries are completely irrelevant. Use to be perfect idk why they changed ittbg. Trying to make it matter at least once in a year lol thats the goal anyway. Anybody only hurt for that game is good to come back tho.
Old 12-19-2022, 02:38 PM   #3973
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Old 12-19-2022, 03:08 PM   #3974
All Star

Archsmith99's Arena

Quote:
Why you gotta word it like that

Definitely weird for an ankle to keep you out for a year, but its also weird to make a simulation football game where the injuries are completely irrelevant. Use to be perfect idk why they changed ittbg. Trying to make it matter at least once in a year lol thats the goal anyway. Anybody only hurt for that game is good to come back tho.
I remember injuries use to happen a lot more in the older games. They use to have a medical RS you could use on players. Don't know why they took that out. I also like that one year, where your players could get in trouble and you had to hand out suspensions or face getting in trouble by the ncaa. Hated that they only gave you certain amount of hrs tho.
Old 12-19-2022, 03:10 PM   #3975
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Quote:
I remember injuries use to happen a lot more in the older games. They use to have a medical RS you could use on players. Don't know why they took that out. I also like that one year, where your players could get in trouble and you had to hand out suspensions or face getting in trouble by the ncaa. Hated that they only gave you certain amount of hrs tho.

Big facts. In my opinion they went away from it being a sim game and made it more of an arcade style game but still called it sim. No competition does that, they really had everything in place and went backwards lol. I promise you we shouldnt need this many rules
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2022, 07:11 PM   #3976
All Star

Archsmith99's Arena

Quote:
Big facts. In my opinion they went away from it being a sim game and made it more of an arcade style game but still called it sim. No competition does that, they really had everything in place and went backwards lol. I promise you we shouldnt need this many rules
They took so much out, the stuff I already talked about and they got rid of the spring game, picking your captains and probably stuff i don't remember. Honestly, I don't have much faith in EA for the new college football game coming out. When are we advancing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals »