Home

(Japan) Power Pro 2010 announced for PS3/PSP

This is a discussion on (Japan) Power Pro 2010 announced for PS3/PSP within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: (Japan) Power Pro 2010 announced for PS3/PSP

Ok, I got both the PS3 and PSP versions. took me a bit to figure out the setttings on the PSP, PS3 was a little easier using Pro yakyu Spirits as a guide of sorts.
PSP version isn't much different than Pawapuro Portable 4 IMO.
PS3 version ROCKS!!! Yes, pitch speed is included as an option. There are 5 speeds.
This game is beautiful, I dare say it is even more beautiful than Pro Yakyu Spirits 2010. If you liked the demo, the full game is just breathtaking.
And the gameplay is top notch pawapuro!

Last edited by tigermask72; 07-21-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:36 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask72
Ok, I got both the PS3 and PSP versions. took me a bit to figure out the setttings on the PSP, PS3 was a little easier using Pro yakyu Spirits as a guide of sorts.
PSP version isn't much different than Pawapuro Portable 4 IMO.
PS3 version ROCKS!!! Yes, pitch speed is included as an option. There are 5 speeds.
This game is beautiful, I dare say it is even more beautiful than Pro Yakyu Spirits 2010. If you liked the demo, the full game is just breathtaking.
And the gameplay is top notch pawapuro!
hey there are you sure absolutely sure pitch speed is an option? cuz i have been looking around for info and watching japanese gamers broadcast on Justin TV and to my knowledge there is no pitch speed
Old 07-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

there is.. in option > details.. difficulty > pitch speed >
its the same scale like yowai .. hutsui ... tsuyoi .. pawaruo

pitchers still run out of stamina after 80 pitches.. i miss the days when i could pitch up to ~100
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 7

great, thanks for the info...but tiring after 80 pitches?? umm...

i have decided that i wont order this game. if i happen to see it in a store and the price is right, i will pick it up, but otherwise i will just stick with my Power Pro 10/11/12 on PS2 when I need a break from PYS
Old 07-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #53
Rookie

i am playing as swallows, and ishikawa, with stamina A, gets exhausted around 70 pitches. heck, he gets tired around 60 he gets lots of hit -__-

also power hitter is almost overpowered. i am not a very good pawa player, but i am getting slaughter with hr hitter. currently playing on tsuyoi setting

my SP are all around 4.00-5.00 ERA RP around 7-10 ERA.. lim is still 1.34 thank god

in pennant mode, tigers are uber strong and so as baystars. murata is hitting HR like no tomorrow..

here is my standing

1. tigers
2. dragon
3. baystars
4. gaints
5. swallows
6. carps

i can win gaints just fine, but keep losing vs YB!

also, there are some turning point/defend point/attack point chances, and if you get run/defend run, then your following batters will have the best mood for that inning. So, if you are facing the clean ups with the purple evil smiley, then you are pretty screwed imo
lol

success mode is divided into 12 mode, but it's still the same old success that we have been playing anyway.

i am extremely disappointed that ps3 does not have my life! seriously konami!? Also download players still haven't include any newcomers at all...

its still a good game tho and well investing for PS3. i did expected a little more details on graphic, and overall i still enjoy pawa puro 10 best and the first portable on psp
Old 07-24-2010, 11:55 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hello ,

I ordered that game , Im no baseball expert , but I enjoyed the DS version quite a lot.
I have some japanese knowledge but will most likely be lost with various options in kanji etc..

Anyone could point me to a nice guide or translation for one of the past power pro games to get the feel of the various options ?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #55
Rookie

sorry bucky, cant help u with a guide lol, but someone says the pys4s guide is more than enough to understand the mechanic

i have played for 3 seasons,12 success mode, online, and now i am going to share my thoughts to u guys

in short, this is still a very good buy minus the my life mode and repetitive success mode.
one reason is the improved gameplay mechanism

i stopped playing pawa puro after series 10, so experience may varied

gameplay
first the control is super smooth, and it's very easy to pitch and defense. you can pretty much do any defensive action just like in real life baseball. you can so slide catching, jumping catching, jump catch and throw in mid air, rob home run.. Yes, you can climb up the fence and rob a home run!! it's that amazing. there is no need for indicator, and you simply just press up to climb and catch!

this year pawa puro introduces the card system, and it's the same concept as awaken system in PYS series. there are pitchers/fielders/tactics/special others types of cards that you gain through pennant, and some of the interesting cards are the trading one, which has 2 types(normal, and 4stars one[rare]). the 4 stars one can do force trade to any team! there are special cards each year for the spring campaign to power up your players.

online is slow as usual for everyone, and even slow if play against overseas players.. there is no penalty or indication for disconnect, so i probably suggest playing with friends only

camera & environment
PS3 introduce the dynamic camera with setting that fits you. I really enjoy the camera in the field, and pitcher point of view ( you can view from pitcher's instead of catcher's). there are also chance/pinch scene that enhance the baseball experience

there is raining in this game, not dynamic though. i do looking for snowing in winter, but it does not.

success
you get to play 12 teams, however, it's very very linear, and same story. starting from ni-gun and work for your way up. your guy is very easy to get depressed, sick , and there is too little time to start friendship with others beside yabe. girlfriends do not give anything special beside ability points.

overall
it is really a hit or miss, but more people are toward to the worse series of pawa puro based on amazon's review. it's unreasonable to remove the my life, and expand the success to a boring 1 time story. the so-called create your own character has very limited parts to select and best to stick with the default.

data is very very old! this is released 3 months after PYS2010, and the data is still the same old last year. konami dooesnt bother to update the roster, and even the players dlc shows the lack of enthusiasm.

no 1080 included is a big hit for me, even pys 2010 is 1080p, so why not this cartoon-ish pawa puro!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hello to everyone!!
First of all sorry for my englisg because it's quite bad, but i hope you will understand me, thank you.
Well i have post a message here because I am from Spain and i have bought the Pwapuro 2010 por PS3, it's a nice game. But the problem it is when you try to play online, because there are only japanese players and the lag is too much for playing.
So the question is... there is any european player here to play with it? We will have much fun playing online for sure.
I will wait for a reply, thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »