Home

R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2016, 03:02 AM   #49
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 16 Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Android & iOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBGames
Thanks boomhauertjs!

I think people are starting to understand what RBI is all about and we are generally getting less of the "why aren't you that other product?" reactions. And with the refinements we've continued to make, some people such as yourself are also beginning to appreciate that it plays a really solid game of baseball. I find that each game feels different. Blowouts, barn burners, pitching duels. You get it all and it all feels like a game that could have occurred in real life, even though the gameplay is simple and quick.

We're always listening to the feedback and the features that people want to see. We know some are disappointed that more hasn't been added to the roster / franchise type features, but we felt backend gameplay still warranted the bulk of our attention for this go around. We hope to bring you all more great stuff in the future!
First, congratulations on the release of RBI 16. Here's hoping for yearly releases including RBI 25, RBI 30, RBI 50, etc.

I've been watching several RBI 16 youtube videos. Just because it's not like the other product, doesn't mean you guys can't strive to replicate a simulation real life baseball game. There is no monopoly on real life simulation baseball games.

The following maybe too much, or maybe even possible. But "no cutscenes, everything live and in real time" would help give the series a more "real" feel to it. You can consider the following suggestions, or not. But the following is what I would do to take a baseball game to the next level.

Spoiler
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 04-03-2016 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:20 AM   #50
All Star

OVR: 35

IOS version was already patched on Saturday and the ball is much easier to see and the hitting is much improved because of it.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:50 PM   #51
MLB Games Developer

MLBGames's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for the feedback, strawberryshortcake. Many of your suggestions are already on our radar. One core tenet of our gameplay though, that much of your feedback fights against, is to be able to complete games in around 20 mins. Certainly many of your suggestions can be accomplished while keeping game times short, but having no cuts at all would likely at least double the total time it takes to complete a game. #1 and #2 are definitely areas that we hope to improve on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2016, 04:32 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks MLBGames for checking in an taking feedback. Just to add a bit from the other side - for me I am all about getting a solid game in quickly. Not to turn this into a debate or anything but just to share my thoughts that I as a user don't mind the quick cut scenes and folks just disappearing. It helps facilitate a quick game which is what I am after and why I play MLB.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:23 PM   #53
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBGames
Thanks for the feedback, strawberryshortcake. Many of your suggestions are already on our radar. One core tenet of our gameplay though, that much of your feedback fights against, is to be able to complete games in around 20 mins. Certainly many of your suggestions can be accomplished while keeping game times short, but having no cuts at all would likely at least double the total time it takes to complete a game. #1 and #2 are definitely areas that we hope to improve on.
Appreciate the response and appreciate that elements of #1 an #2 are on the docket. Best wishes. Obviously, no cutscene is simply a cosmetic improvement but it also doesn't mean it can't be implemented with the ability to button through them if desired. Considering it's not crucial to gameplay, having it on the whiteboard as a potential feature for the future wouldn't be a bad thing. If it ever does happen, you might consider calling it "RBI Baseball LIVE." It might simply be "icing on the cake" so to speak when all other priorities have been addressed.

Are players model changes in the works for future installments?

Are smoother animations in the works for future installments? (Might want to check out "Professional Baseball Spirits" on youtube for inspiration.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelounger456
Thanks MLBGames for checking in an taking feedback. Just to add a bit from the other side - for me I am all about getting a solid game in quickly. Not to turn this into a debate or anything but just to share my thoughts that I as a user don't mind the quick cut scenes and folks just disappearing. It helps facilitate a quick game which is what I am after and why I play MLB.
Options for both sides is something that would be appreciative. Option to either button through or simply skip them altogether. But if the RBI development wants to stay the familiar course, then a potential segment of new customers might never consider RBI baseball.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 04-04-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:14 AM   #54
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Going to give this one a shot and download it today.

Haven't played any of the other next generation versions of RBI, but have been wanting a more laid back MLB game to play.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 04-06-2016, 06:18 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm liking the game so far ... starting to really see the depth within the simplicity.

Too many people complaining about lack of features, options that were never intended to be part of the game anyway. It should be evaluated by how well it plays a game of baseball, not how it compares to other baseball video games.

Question for MLBGAMES ..... is online multiplayer bugged at the moment, or is my internet connection just bad? Every game I've attempted to play getting "the connection b/t you and XXX does not meet 712Kbps required to play online"

Last edited by jsucram; 04-06-2016 at 06:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 07:03 AM   #56
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I agree. I'm enjoying it too. It's a casual game that plays baseball well.

Too many folks want something to be what it never intended to be and then we rate it against our desires and not the product.

RBI delivers as a casual baseball game.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »