Home

Initial AFL game impressions..

This is a discussion on Initial AFL game impressions.. within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2006, 10:52 AM   #65
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Initial AFL game impressions..

^^ dont forget the lame presentation, I mean come on NCAA had a better presentation without the comentating. the crowd doesnt react to anything, they can atleast use some fireworks when the home team scores. that wat make this game boring after awhile
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2006, 01:48 PM   #66
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
I think it's worth the $30. I bet come next year hopefully EA fixes the problems from this years version. We want to see AFL2, Expand the playbooks, Show more of the Crowd, and Trash Talking/Late Hits need to really be toned down.
Just wanted to say that my saying it's not $30 is relative, given A-titles like Fight Night 3 and others will be retailing for $39.99. $19.99 is more appropriate for this title imo
Old 02-17-2006, 04:40 AM   #67
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

So far this seems like a decent game, but there are some problems.

I have 2 serious complaints with this game.

Firstly, it seems like it's way too hard to throw a pass to a reciever running towards a sideline without having them flip over the wall.

And secondly, why does EA insist on not updating the create-a-team to get rid of the stupid limitation with the striping. You still can't have a team with a white middle helmet stripe and colored pants. WTF? Not to mention all of the logos available are really bad. At least Madden had about 30 that actually looked OK in the right colors. I mean, seriously, a chihuahua with fangs? Who in their right mind would actually want that for a logo?
Old 02-17-2006, 07:17 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
I have 2 serious complaints with this game.

Firstly, it seems like it's way too hard to throw a pass to a reciever running towards a sideline without having them flip over the wall.

And secondly, why does EA insist on not updating the create-a-team to get rid of the stupid limitation with the striping. You still can't have a team with a white middle helmet stripe and colored pants. WTF?
Folks,

Sit there and carefully read that post. Two "serious" complaints? One of them being the type of stripe you can put on a helmet in create-a-team?

And you wonder why some of you kids get made fun of all the time around here...
Old 02-17-2006, 02:24 PM   #69
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Folks,

Sit there and carefully read that post. Two "serious" complaints? One of them being the type of stripe you can put on a helmet in create-a-team?

And you wonder why some of you kids get made fun of all the time around here...

I dont care if I get made fun of. If they're going to give you a create-a-team option, is it bad to want it done properly? Sure, fine, I'm weird. I played my Madden 05 & 06 franchises with 32 fictional teams. To me, not being able to create my team the way I want to is an issue. Obviously for you it's not.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56

I will go on a limb here with what I'm about to say, but I think that EA Sports has redeemed themselves in my eyes with 2006 gaming. They disappointed us with the 360 launch lineup and with a few of the last gen sports titles last year not being so great.

First they release MVP NCAA '06 which was really good, but still can't replace the MLB license. But it's a great alternative.

Then 3 weeks later EA releases Arena Football, and the game is just plain fun and awesome. It really captures the AFL fairly well from the few games I saw last season and the 2 games I saw this season so far.

This game is perfect without the commentators as it adds to the atmosphere. I am liking this game so far as everyone could tell. Coaches look really good. The high scoring AFL game is here for sure.

There are a few things that I hope are fixed next year,
  • Graphics Could be better. The XBOX version almost looks like it's running on a PS2 at times even though it was ported from the PS2.
  • Delayed Hits - What is this BLITZ?
  • Run Game. I know that the AFL is Pass oriented, but the Run game is just impossible.
  • Replays - Unless I'm missing it here, where are the Auto Replays

Can EA start the year off 3 for 3 when FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3 releases in 2 weeks?
you must be kidding.. you list all of that and think its good?
Old 02-17-2006, 04:07 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Buy it. Really solid sim.
i dunno... when i saw the rush play, they actually could be defended.. this has so many money plays that im surprised the box isnt gold
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2006, 09:57 PM   #72
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

finally played this....its ok ...im glad its slightly diffrent than madden....not sure if i like it or not yet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »