Home

2 years...and 2K5 still the best fb game ..

This is a discussion on 2 years...and 2K5 still the best fb game .. within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 10:36 AM   #65
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: 2 years...and 2K5 still the best fb game ..

Honestly I could never fully get into 2K5. It would amaze me one day, then seem normal the next day. If 2K had a chance to keep making that game though, it would be lights out by now.

If I had to pick one game though, I'd prolly take NCAA '04 over 2K5.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 10:38 AM   #66
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I dont think anyone is trying to be a troll.

EA gameplay and 2K gameplay have their plus and minus points, and we all have our preference. However we all dont have a choice anymore which is what sux.

If you gonna do things to exclude others from competing with you then dang it, you cant be sleeping on innovation when you are charging $60 a pop.

Some of you are content with playing a repeat year after year, but some of us would like some change...at the very least every 2-3 years add something of substance and impact to the game.

This NCAA 2007 is a good playing game but its old. To the Noobs it wont seem that way, but to us lifers, man give us something to talk about.
The NFL bid out it's license. EA did not make that decision, the NFL did.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

But if the 2k series were still around, would you be complaining that it is old and stale as well? Other than adding some new gameplay features (which EA does year after year), there really wasn't anything groundbreaking done by 2k during its tenure. I'm as big of a 2k fan as anyone, but it's rather comical when people say EA football games are nothing more than a roster update with a couple new features. It's a business. If a game sells with just some minor annual tweaks, there really is no reason for us to expect more. Sure, it'd be a refreshing change to get something different, but it doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. EA and 2k have been doing it with their sports titles for years, as have some gaming companies with non-sports franchises.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by solja
what do you mean mod..i read the whole thread and added a comment...how can that be trolling?--is this thread closed?..i don't go typing the same thing every thread i hardly post..just my oppinion on this topic..

i think your blinded with the power mod.....be fair
It was nothing but flame bait. Don't fool yourself into thinking that post contributed anything to this thread.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:48 AM   #69
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Personally, I loved 2k5 and the whole series. I was able to overlook it's flawed franchise, and some of it's gameplay problems, it played a great game of football imo. Thanks to the 2k series, I didn't even own Madden for several years. Just NCAA and 2k. I do feel that there are some around here, that no matter how good of a game EA puts out will not like it because it's either not 2k, or they are upset at EA for "killing" 2k. I also feel like, some people are remembering 2k for being a little bit better game than it was. Absense makes the heart grow fonder type of reaction?

Personally I hated NCAA 2005, and wasn't really a fan of 06, but I find it hard to believe people don't see this version has a big improvment, if not for any other reason, that's imo at least, it's got much more of a 2kish feel to it.

I worked way late last night, and didn't get much sleep, so if this makes no sense, please forgive me.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #70
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

People need to realize that these are video games and they are to be played for FUN. Allegience to a company is lame. EA has the only NFL product out there and the only decent NCAA product so there isn't any competition, which I agree is a bad thing but it's the reality.

If you feel that 2K is a better game go play it and please stop trolling and trying to ruin the FUN for everyone else simply because you don't have fun with EA products.

I personally feel if 2K is so much better and FUN then why aren't you playing it? Sure it sucks that it has been discontinued but come on ppl, move on. It's a part of life.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #71
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Will this never end? The EA/VC bashfest has somehow managed to infiltrate a forum for a game topic that VC hasn't made a title for since 2002!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 10:50 AM   #72
Pro

OVR: 4

lol you really think so!!!!

i don;t think that or think i was falming,but you can't help what people make of things

on the other hand first time i see a mod getting in on a topic i wish this would happen more often!!!

well mod i wasn't trying to flame or be a troll like you'll call it..take it eazy on me i'm a regular guy not a company hoggin, super hungry cpu,videogame alizoid!!

MAN..I'M GOING BACK TO PLAY SOME MORE SPORTS GAMES!!...an hope ea let go of them exclusives so i can have a choice of which game is better and play the one i like instead of being stuck to not play a certain sports game.yeah 2k tooo...need to relesae mlb but only if ea do first.!!

more games in 07-08 -09 and beyond but for me football is ooohh soo dead!!!!!!!!!!!!..i'm still stuck in 2oo5!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »