Home

My opinion-Madden and All-Pro

This is a discussion on My opinion-Madden and All-Pro within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 12:28 PM   #17
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: My opinion-Madden and All-Pro

To be fair, I've seen safeties not even count on the scoreboard in APF and then a 5 point field goal chalked up. I've seen catches made a full yard out of bounds when they get their foot down counted as a catch. Both games have some strange happenings, but the more each game is dogged on instead of simply discussed, the closer this will tread to a flame war. Posts like that one will bring out the worst in people.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #18
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
To be fair, I've seen safeties not even count on the scoreboard in APF and then a 5 point field goal chalked up. I've seen catches made a full yard out of bounds when they get their foot down counted as a catch. Both games have some strange happenings, but the more each game is dogged on instead of simply discussed, the closer this will tread to a flame war. Posts like that one will bring out the worst in people.
Exactly.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #19
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch

One thing that I think Madden has better than APF is the transitional animations, specifically on defense. I don't end up 4 yards out of position when strafing and deciding to run with a receiver because I nudged the stick 1 millimeter too far, causing my player to run a full 180 degree turn around instead of simply turning his hips and running. It's a rarity, but you know what I mean...the control for me in Madden while playing D is very tight, but the control on offense in APF is equally tight. It's impossible to declare a "victor" for me, but much like NCAA, all the modes and franchise and superstar and whatnot make the field tilt in Madden's favor for me personally.
After playing against guys who control the safety and can go from hashmark to hashmark in miliseconds in Madden, APF's controls are a MUCH welcomed change. You have to be smart when playing with the S, just like in real life. If a QB sees a S out of position for a second, it's six points and there are few safeties who can salvage that play. That's not the case with Madden.

APF feels a little clunky at times but I think that is closer to reality than Madden. Madden just feels much better.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 08-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky

APF feels a little clunky at times but I think that is closer to reality than Madden. Madden just feels much better.
I think there's a lot of truth to that statement.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #21
Rookie

DagsJT's Arena

OVR: 2

No intent of flaming a particular game, definately not. I think I've played quite a few games of APF and not noticed any glitches as whereas in the very short time I've played Madden I've spotted two. Like you say, APF surely has glitches, every game does, just my observations really.

It's a shame because I wanted my NFL fix, APF and the generic players is getting a bit boring now and I wanted something new. Madden is definately getting better with age though (the game, not the person hehe) so I'll be making a visit next year and I'm sure the game will go up in my mind then too, like it's better this year than last (just not enough for me personally).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 12:47 PM   #22
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagsJT
No intent of flaming a particular game, definately not. I think I've played quite a few games of APF and not noticed any glitches as whereas in the very short time I've played Madden I've spotted two. Like you say, APF surely has glitches, every game does, just my observations really.

It's a shame because I wanted my NFL fix, APF and the generic players is getting a bit boring now and I wanted something new. Madden is definately getting better with age though (the game, not the person hehe) so I'll be making a visit next year and I'm sure the game will go up in my mind then too, like it's better this year than last (just not enough for me personally).
I love APF, but it certainly has it's share of bugs and glitches.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:58 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey this may be a little off topic but does All-Pro have the weekly highlight show.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #24
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKingPK
Hey this may be a little off topic but does All-Pro have the weekly highlight show.
No.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »