Home

Would you buy a football game....

This is a discussion on Would you buy a football game.... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #41
Rookie

Tigerman23's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Would you buy a football game....

I got APF 2K8, so I'd love to get a good unlicensed game. Especially if you could have a Teambuilder/Stadium creating feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #42
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

The game would need to build in some sort of history. Players would need to have past statistics, honors, injuries, etc. It doesn't need full story lines--ala Blitz--but just something so that I can figure out what has happened in the past in the league... even if it only goes back 10 or 15 years. Show me past MVPs, fairly detailed statistics of each player, an injury history, history of the results of the different teams, maybe even a HOF.

Just give me something to look at and say "oh, see, I turned this team around" or "look, this WR now has 7 strait 1000-yard seasons" or "I better stay away from this guy because he hasn't been healthy."

If I have this and the gameplay is elite (and that's what I care most about) and the dynasty/franchise is good (meaning it has good progression and decent options), I'll think about buying it.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #43
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

Maybe it could start with some kind of a draft. All teams would draft their entire roster. It could be some sort of a start up league, or some such storyline. You would have to put time into researching players past and histories on and off the field. Of course there would be a fast play option where you could pick a premade team. Or an expansion mode, where you control the expansion team, and there is an expansion draft with protected and unprotected players, and all kinds of other crazy awesome stuff. Okay why am I so exited over a game that will never exist.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 36

i wonder how BB is goona do their teams? Where you pick the unknown players b ratings or size or just pre-set teams?
Old 07-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #45
Banned

vols bravesfan's Arena

OVR: 22

Honestly, NO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 06:09 PM   #46
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I would rent it more then less. But buying it no I would not waste my money on it unless it was nfl product. I can't stand fake football games.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:31 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 8

Fa shizzle bizzle!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:19 AM   #48
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4

Actually, I came to post about a game for the PC that a few people I met a few days ago are making. It's called "Off Shore Football", the game is going to be completely customizable. From the helmets down to the logos on socks/shoes. On top of that stadiums, jerseys, fans, you name it you can change it. It's still way in development, I'm talking 6 months+ behind Backbreaker. They told me the object is to get realistic simulation style gameplay. I instantly jizzed myself, when he showed me a few pictures he had on his laptop. The graphics are not going to be that good. Think the first next-gen Madden. Also, there will be up to 130 team slots, Thomas J. Lipton(Lead Developer) made sure he got that across. Tom said "I am sick of EA releasing the same **** different cover" (NCAA) He is not a EA ***** by any means he gave credit where credit was due. One of the guys said "You can expect a website within the next month." Oh, he also said he's been frantically searching for commentators(which commentary will also be able to be slighty changed), trying to get in touch with FOX and CBS. He laughed about it since he highly doubts they are going to be interested. So they might just do with nobodys, but that will most likely be for the better. I met the guys since a friend of mine, well an old friend that I lost touch with, but now am starting to talk with again is pretty much funding the project. His parents won the lottery and gave him a tuckload of money(millions) Lucky son of a bitch. I only saw a quick video and about 20 pictures and we talked for a good hour or so. If you guys have any question at all feel free to ask me. I'll try to answer them the best I can and if I can't I have Tom's e-mail. I'm so pumped for a game that is over a year away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »