Home

Madden 2004

This is a discussion on Madden 2004 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #25
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 2004

The big deal with Madden 2003-2005 was the fact you could create your own plays then save your own custom playbook - and it actually worked in franchise. In 2006 there was a sub glitch so you couldn't use your playbooks in franchise, and users waited 3 years for EA to fix it. How did they fix it? By removing it!

Every game has some gameplay elements that are screwed up, but Madden 04 was very replayable. People spent years creating their own plays - we're talking crazy 3-4 blitz schemes to stop chuck & cheese. That's what modern day games lack, customization and replayability.

I didn't buy Madden 08 for PC so am not sure if custom playbooks worked in chise. I didn't buy it because PC Gamer slammed it for having comeback AI in their review.

Last edited by swaldo; 09-13-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #26
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
The big deal with Madden 2003-2005 was the fact you could create your own plays then save your own custom playbook - and it actually worked in franchise. In 2006 there was a sub glitch so you couldn't use your playbooks in franchise, and users waited 3 years for EA to fix it. How did they fix it? By removing it!

Every game has some gameplay elements that are screwed up, but Madden 04 was very replayable. People spent years creating their own plays - we're talking crazy 3-4 blitz schemes to stop chuck & cheese. That's what modern day games lack, customization and replayability.

I didn't buy Madden 08 for PC so am not sure if custom playbooks worked in chise. I didn't buy it because PC Gamer slammed it for having comeback AI in their review.
I'd be incredibly happy to just have customizable playbooks let alone that and create-a-play. I wish I could pick my favorite defensive sets from each playbook and make my own. As it stands, I can't find one that has 3-4 Predator, 2-4-5 nickel and 1-5-5 nickel. This would be easy to fix if I could customize my own. Plus, if create-a-play made a return, I could draw up some sick defensive plays with zone blitzes that have cover 2 behind them (they're hard to find) and quarters-quarters-half over-top zones and stuff like that.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:04 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
Yeah I didn't like QB vision, could you turn it off in 06? i can't remember?
Yeah except for online play(last gen) I didn't play Madden 06 on the 360 so I don't know.

Quote:
WR shade could you refresh my memory? What was that? How did it work? Was it in NCAA last gen?
WR shading is a feature where user can decide which side the defender would cover against the receiver for man coverage. It was a risk/reward feature that either help you or hurt you. I believe WR spotlight was suppose to be the alternate but it's only good for zone defense and isn't as effective as WR shading. The only NCAA game I ever brought was NCAA 06 and I don't remember.[/quote]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »