Home

Madden 2004

This is a discussion on Madden 2004 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Madden 2004

Does anyone think Like I do that Madden 2004 was the LAST Good Madden Game?
I have gone back to it.. Espn 2k5 is ok but has issues. Have the Demo of BB and Dont want it.. Espn 2k8 is oh so Great but I want 22 real players not 11... So for Now its Madden 2004 for PC for me...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 11:27 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 2004

I loved Madden 2004. I even still play it on occasions. I didn't care much for Madden 2005 or 2006 on last-gen and the next-gen versions thus far haven't suited me well.

The graphics are dated and such, but it is just a fun game.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Espn nfl2k5's gameplay is better than any madden game to date, hands down.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

2k5 is about presentation.. It is trying to make as tho we are watching a real tv game. Nice. very Nice.. I have a couple of problems with the game tho, very few long drives, just long bombs or long runs..
And ofcourse lots of INTS, but when you adjust the defense players ratings "catch" to 0 then you get only a couple.. But I am one who wants real... If a CB is a Good Intercepter then I want HIM to intercept.
Anyhow, Madden plays the Most real for me.. Every madden since just sucks... If there was no madden 04 then 2k5 would be the game I'd play.
If ONLY we could get a upgrade 2k8 to 2k11..
Old 07-31-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanlover
2k5 is about presentation.. It is trying to make as tho we are watching a real tv game. Nice. very Nice.. I have a couple of problems with the game tho, very few long drives, just long bombs or long runs..
And ofcourse lots of INTS, but when you adjust the defense players ratings "catch" to 0 then you get only a couple.. But I am one who wants real... If a CB is a Good Intercepter then I want HIM to intercept.
Anyhow, Madden plays the Most real for me.. Every madden since just sucks... If there was no madden 04 then 2k5 would be the game I'd play.
I've never had any of the problems you're describing with 2K5 and I've been playing it since release day 6 years ago. I see very few long runs or long bombs, no more than normal. I rarely see INT's at all (which I consider a bit of a problem on the opposite end of the spectrum), and I see many long drives. My average drive is about 10 plays.

I think it all depends on the way you play and the settings you choose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Wasn't this the one where Michael Vick could pretty much do anything he wanted, given his ridiculous ratings and the playmaker control that allowed receivers to break off routes instantaneously?

Wasn't a fan. IIRC it had a great soundtrack though.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanlover
Play NFL 2k4, I think that it pretty much has none of those issues that 2k5 does like too many ints, no long drives, DB's spinning circles, etc. It has really none of those issues.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:41 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 22

I own every NCAA Football and Madden game from 2003 through 08 on Original Xbox. As well as NFL 2K4, NFL 2K5, and NFL Fever. I enjoy every single one of those games more than any Next Generation football game not named All Pro Football 2K8 or Backbreaker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »