Home

Bowl Bound College Football

This is a discussion on Bowl Bound College Football within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Bowl Bound College Football

I remember really enjoying this game. Makes me wonder if I still have the license saved anywhere...

Football recruiting always bogged me down too much. It's one thing to recruit in an NCAA basketball sim. Recruiting 100+ guys to join your football program is just too much involvement for my liking. So I end up delegating a lot of recruiting to my staff.

Bowl Bound was/is an amazing game. Not sure why there isn't a pro game anything like Bowl Bound, or OOTP, or Football Manager.

Did you guys also play the NCAA FB game from Solecism Software? Can't remember the name of it off hand, but that one was my favorite.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #26
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp68
I remember really enjoying this game. Makes me wonder if I still have the license saved anywhere...

Football recruiting always bogged me down too much. It's one thing to recruit in an NCAA basketball sim. Recruiting 100+ guys to join your football program is just too much involvement for my liking. So I end up delegating a lot of recruiting to my staff.

Bowl Bound was/is an amazing game. Not sure why there isn't a pro game anything like Bowl Bound, or OOTP, or Football Manager.

Did you guys also play the NCAA FB game from Solecism Software? Can't remember the name of it off hand, but that one was my favorite.
The guy who created BBCF said that he is currently work on the Pro game. Hopefully it debuts sooner rather than later.

-Juke
Old 08-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #27
Rookie

I heard that on the Greydog forums sometime last year but forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me! And I found my license so I can start playing BBCF again.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 10

Cool...hope you enjoy. Who are you starting up with?
Old 08-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #29
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
The guy who created BBCF said that he is currently work on the Pro game. Hopefully it debuts sooner rather than later.

-Juke
It's been years since that dude said anything about the pro game. He actually had a pro game before called Total Pro Football. It was pretty decent. It was not quite as deep as Front Office Football, but I felt it was funner to play.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #30
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
It's been years since that dude said anything about the pro game. He actually had a pro game before called Total Pro Football. It was pretty decent. It was not quite as deep as Front Office Football, but I felt it was funner to play.
He recently posted something about it earlier this year.

-Juke
Old 08-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
Cool...hope you enjoy. Who are you starting up with?
I started with Buffalo because they are about 3 hours away from me, and it is cool recognizing the high schools.

But I want to start another legacy to run concurrently. I was thinking someone down south like UAB or SMU who isn't a powerhouse, but you can believe could become a legit Top 15 team with the right coach/recruiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
He recently posted something about it earlier this year.
Truth.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=515670

It is mentioned in another thread too, but Arlie isn't giving anything away about the project. I expect it will be the best pro football sim option available. Considering the only competition is PFS, Mogul, and FOF which hasn't been updated in 5 years, I'd say the door is wide open.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »