Home

NFL STREET

This is a discussion on NFL STREET within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2004, 09:23 AM   #73
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NFL STREET

Quote:

illidan said:
thanks for the hint Ill try that tonight any other tips for defense. I find it hard to stop people.

It all depends what people you are using when stopping someone on defense. I really like the game, just wish I had a human opponent to play. I don't mess with Gamebreakers-never did like them-they take away from the basics of the game.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:59 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 7

you have to strategize just like Madden, you can't just blitz on every down b/c you will get burned big time on a long TD pass, i always blitz on 1st down if they have the ball right near the goal line so i can try to get the safety, if i sack them and don't get it i'll try again, then if i don't i just go either man-to-man coverage or i send 3 deep.
Old 01-17-2004, 11:13 AM   #75
Champs!

Kearnzo's Arena

OVR: 18

Well, this game is obviously fun, but I just can't find myself playing NFL Challenge. It's downright silly that you have to play a full ladder without stopping in order to beat the divisions. I don't see why you can't just beat a team, turn the game off, and come back to it after. No, you have to restart the ladder, which really doesn't make sense. I won't be buying it, but I will play out the rental. I find it fun enough to play exhibition, but NFL Challenge is really disappointing for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2004, 11:33 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

Pick-up games are the best, offline or online. Picking your players is a game in its self; it really can make or break the game when you have CPU assist off. There is alot of strategy invovled whith a randomly selected pool of players; ive made some crazy picks for certain positions that have worked greatly or failed miserably. This game cant be beat by any arcade sports game when you play pick-up games with a human (online included) with the CPU assist off, the games are always good.
Old 01-17-2004, 11:43 AM   #77
MVP

Quote:

Kearnzo said:
I don't see why you can't just beat a team, turn the game off, and come back to it after. No, you have to restart the ladder, which really doesn't make sense.

you don't have to restart, just once you start playing the ladder teams, you can't do any of the challenges until you beat all the teams, i beat 3 teams one day and played the last 2 the next.
Old 01-17-2004, 11:52 AM   #78
Champs!

Kearnzo's Arena

OVR: 18

It won't let me do that though. I turned the system off, then back on, went to Challenge, and the Chargers were unchecked, and I had beat them before. I didn't even go to the challenge menu. Any help?
Old 01-17-2004, 12:25 PM   #79
MVP

did you save it after you beat the teams?
Old 01-17-2004, 02:12 PM   #80
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

Kearnzo said:
It won't let me do that though. I turned the system off, then back on, went to Challenge, and the Chargers were unchecked, and I had beat them before. I didn't even go to the challenge menu. Any help?

You're doing something wrong. I wont 3 games the other night. Finished the other 2 last night. When you hit B to go back for the Xbox version. You have to Exit NFL Challenge altogether for it to work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »