Home

NFL STREET

This is a discussion on NFL STREET within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2004, 07:54 PM   #57
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NFL STREET

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Ill mostly play single player so is it worth it?

In my opinion, I say it's worth it. I mean, you start out with two fields. EA Field, and West Coast Beach. Meaning you have to unlock the other 6 fields. To unlock the other 6 fields you have to play through NFL Challenge, and go through the divisions.

Seems like it'll take awhile to beat, because you have to build your team up by doing the developer challenges which aren't all easy, some are pretty hard. Then you have the ladder to go through to advance to the next round.

I think the game is just downright fun. I stayed up after the wife went to bed last night, and played it til 12:30. And at work, I wanted to play which is rare for me.

But opinions vary, I suggest going to your game store and see if they'll let you check it out on there Xbox. I asked the salesman while he was getting the game out of the glass case if they had it. He pulled out a copy that he'd already had in the Xbox earlier he said. And let me give it a try before I bought it. And for the record, this is the only EA game I own. So I'm not pro-EA here. But again, these are just my opinions.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:54 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:

Kevin926 said:
Approximately how many people are online? I know for Madden there are thousands but for SSX and FIFA the numbers are in the 100's or lower. So, do they give you a number of people online or anything like that? Oh, and can you choose different difficulty levels online?

This link shows how many people are online at a given time:

http://www.easportsbigonline.com/gam...treet/home.jsp

I've heard people talk about playing with GameBreakers off so there must be some level of customizing the settings.

What I wonder is whether you have to unlock all the fields in order to use them online. I'm getting tired of games which force you to play through the whole singleplayer game to have access to levels or in this case fields. If Madden or ESPN only let you play at Dallas Stadium and Lambeau Field and you had to unlock the other stadiums in singleplayer before you could use them online, there would be a revolt.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:04 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 6

I rented the game earlier today, and I am not feeling too wordy, as the Oilers game is on in 10 minutes.

The graphics are great, the controls are solid, and I actually like the gameplay and flow of the game.

From my experiences, the game is a lot more of an offensive game than a defensive one. IE, you will win by scoring more, not by preventing them from scoring less, if that makes sense.

I played a game online, and I think that is where the game will shine. It's a lot of fun, and the competetion is very good.

Single player is basically a 2 mode experience. Quick game, and NFL Challenge.

NFL Challenge is a mode where you take a team of scrubs and build them up via meeting various goals and challenges.. It's fun, but some are very difficult, at least for me.

In all honesty, I think to get the most playing time and fun out of this game you will want to take it online.

I like deep offline games myself, and while the NFL Challenge mode is in fact deep, it's more about meeting set goals and also winning than it is playing anything remotely related to a season of football.

The game is good, and I have a lot of fun playing it, but already I am seeing that it isn't a game that will have long term playability for me. Primarily because, while I think the NFL Challenge mode is well done, I'd like to have another offline option other than Quick Game.

Right now I have Tiger Woods (for the 2nd time) and NFL Street out on rental. I had been hyping up NFL Street to all of my friends prior to release, but now that it is out, it's more like "Meh, it's fun, but I won't be playing it months from now." Just because I like a solid and lasting game of offline football, and the NFL Challenge just doesn't do it for me.

The game is good and does everything it claims on the box. It's just not a game that I see having a long shelf life for me, primarily because of it's lacking single player experience.

However, online is where this game shines, so if you are into online play, I think it's definitely worth at least a rental.

I won't be playing 2 football games at once, and I will thus stick with Madden, as that game is the "complete package" for me. Street isn't a bad game, it's just lacking in the offline/single player experience IMO.

Definitely give it a rental though, as it's a very well done game. That will also allow you do decide for yourself, and that is the only opinion that should matter anyway.

Take care.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:19 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 8

Is it true that you can't save after every game? that kind of sucks for me because i like being able to only have to play one game at a time.

brian
Old 01-15-2004, 11:35 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 3

anybody tried the game on the hardest difficulty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2004, 09:27 AM   #62
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

It does save after every game in the NfL challenge. I am having tough time to beat the computer on normal which is fine for me. I thed decided to play with atlanta and I ran vick on every pass play either left or right and was able to score at will. I then said oh [censored] this can't be good, but bumped difficulty to hard and after a few tries the cpu adjusted and was stuffing Vick and making him fumble.

As a note I did't have this kind of success with any other qbs on the normal level just Vick.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:39 AM   #63
Pro

OVR: 11

Hey guys if you want to play on other fields besides the 2 default ones. Just create a new User ID on the controller select screen and call it Travel , this will unlock all the fields for you. have fun.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:32 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

LOL YES!!!!!.. great code ,if it works... and can u then use those fields online? and can two players play online against two other players??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »