Home

Will 2K Sports Make the NFL an Offer They Can't Refuse???

This is a discussion on Will 2K Sports Make the NFL an Offer They Can't Refuse??? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2014, 04:03 AM   #9
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2K Sports To Make NFL Offer That Can't Be Refused (Prophetic?) - Update Jan 18th

Damn it why do people always post these topics with titles like something newsworthy actually happened? I'll never understand why people keep listening to this dude.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: 2K Sports To Make NFL Offer That Can't Be Refused (Prophetic?) - Update Jan 18th

the only offer 2k could make that the NFL would jump all over is if they shelled out the same price tag as EA has for a license that isn't even exclusive. that way they could rape both 2k and EA
Old 01-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #11
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 5
the only offer 2k could make that the NFL would jump all over is if they shelled out the same price tag as EA has for a license that isn't even exclusive. that way they could rape both 2k and EA
Money for the license is not an issue. It never has been an issue when it comes to 2K. The NFL just loves dealing with EA because the two companies have a great relationship. Look at this from a business standpoint. Your The NFL. You have the choice to either

A) Stick with a successful company that not only gives you a lot of money, but produces a game that generates serious amounts of revenue.

or

B) Go to a company that hasn't produced a Football title since 2008. While the company may have other successful ventures you have zero clue if they will be able to produce a product that generates as much money for you as your current one does.

Obviously if you want to play it safe you choose option A. The NFL knows what they are getting with Madden. A money printing machine. Now I'm not doubting the fact that 2K could produce a fantastic football game but It's not a safe decision from a business standpoint. What happens if the NFL decided to give the License to 2k and the new game is terrible? the NFL would loose a serious amount of money. They don't want that to happen.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 06:22 PM   #12
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

This is just stupid because this clown HHG doesn't make any sense. The NFL isn't obligated to open the license to anybody. If someone comes to them with X amount and looking to be the only NFL video game maker, then the NFL can enter an agreement with them and say **** however much money anybody else has. We know this cause they already did it three times and that's why we're in this mess.

Then he's talking about the one NFL guy that's in charge of licensing teams and players and so on. The Player's Association is it's own separate entity. They have their own licensing guy I'm sure. HipHopGamer is an idiot and the day guys stop bringing his garbage to OS will be a day to celebrate for all eternity.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:35 PM   #13
All Star

OVR: 13

Non-story. No news, just conjecture. Probably should change the thread title....or at least add a winking smiley.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:24 PM   #14
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKUMA2000
Yet the madden games still continue to suck big time when it comes to gameplay, as far as the next 2k football game being terrible don't hold your breath.

Everyone knows 2K puts a lot passion work and detail into their sports games because they care for the fanbase wanting to give them the best product possible, everyone knows how NBA2K14 looks and plays and I doubt very seriously 2K would fumble the ball on the 1yrd line when trying to score a touchdown on a brand new 2K football game that fans have been craving since NFL2k5.
I never said it would be terrible and I'm not denying that 2K is a fantastic company. But The relationship between EA and the NFL works right now. It brings in a good chunk of cash. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #15
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

This isn't gonna turn into a debate about which game is better.

This is about the licensing issues not gameplay.

I'm not even sure why I'm letting the thread stay open. I guess we'll see how it goes.

I'm also editing the title. Its misleading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 08:31 PM   #16
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Icon4 Re: 2K Sports To Make NFL Offer That Can't Be Refused (Prophetic?) - Update Jan 18th

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
I never said it would be terrible and I'm not denying that 2K is a fantastic company. But The relationship between EA and the NFL works right now. It brings in a good chunk of cash. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
That's the real question tho. Signs point to it not working for EA. They paid 4x more for exclusive and it never amounted to increased sales. EA only extended a year the last time in exchange for a discount.

It still brings in a good chunk of cash, but EA was making more without it. No way they couldn't have been.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »