Home

The Joe Montana Football 16 Thread

This is a discussion on The Joe Montana Football 16 Thread within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 01:39 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Joe Montana Football 16 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Personally, I don't mind the way they're going about it right now. They don't want to reveal anything and that's both fine and understandable.
Yeah, but that ship officially sailed when they revealed an in-game pic.

I think we all understand it's best for them not to reveal features right now. But like Gridiron said a page or two back, people just want basic info so they can know what to prepare for (platform, release window).

I've read a number of posts now, watched a number of YouTube vids and now the Press Row Show, and in every one of those everyone is scratching their heads trying to remember when a game's platform and other basic details were handled this way and no one could come up with anything. To me that says, if it's hard for people to remember one that means it's probably not been done much for a good reason.

Quote:
I'd like to see more as we approach E3 but even then I'd be okay with little to no info. I'd rather they blow the roof off at E3 and generate major buzz with a shipload of media from the game.
I agree with this, and it's a point FaceMask made in another thread. If you're going to have a blowout reveal for E3, then no reason to keep hanging around being cryptic. Step away, load up, then come back and explode then.

Quote:
After that, however, they need to be really aggressive with marketing as they game closes in on release. Im praying their TV ads are nothing like the old NFL2k campaigns and that they actually showcase the gameplay, presentation and Unreal 4 engine at work.
You didn't like the Tracy Morgan and the T.O. ads? Well, okay, the Tracy Morgan ad was strange for 2K4, but the T.O. ad for 2K5 was a little better I think. Both were really low budget though, but low budget was 2K Sports' way.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:58 PM   #18
Just started!

Smile Re: The Joe Montana Football 16 Thread

Hey guys I have a question about the NFL license. Not trying to build hype, hope or speculation but just trying to understand the exclusive vs. non exclusive deal.

Does anyone know if the exclusive EA deal was for console only?

There is a game on mobile devices called NFL Pro. They don't use real player names and our likeness but they have real NFL Teams and in their description they stare they also hold an "official NFL license."

So if EA has console only exclusivity, then ok that's fine.

But if this is proof the license isn't , then we can potentially look forward to an officially NFL licensed game.

Please, any accurate info on this would be great.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:06 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/big.../1100-6114977/

The NFL/EA arrangement encompasses action, simulation, arcade-style, and manager games made for PCs, consoles, and handhelds (both the DS and PSP, included), giving EA a firm hold on the football gaming market. The deal does not include titles for mobile phones or Internet-based games, but does include online features of consoles.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:09 PM   #20
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackbblack
Hey guys I have a question about the NFL license. Not trying to build hype, hope or speculation but just trying to understand the exclusive vs. non exclusive deal.

Does anyone know if the exclusive EA deal was for console only?

There is a game on mobile devices called NFL Pro. They don't use real player names and our likeness but they have real NFL Teams and in their description they stare they also hold an "official NFL license."

So if EA has console only exclusivity, then ok that's fine.

But if this is proof the license isn't , then we can potentially look forward to an officially NFL licensed game.

Please, any accurate info on this would be great.
The NFL license was originally for Console, handheld and PC. Mobile games have always been able to use the NFL license. None knows the exact stipulations for the deal now, but we can assume it is still the same.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-29-2015, 03:30 PM   #21
Just started!

Thanks for the quick responses guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2015, 04:04 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 8

It appears per his tweet that Damon Grow will be be joining the chat sometime during the SFL broadcasts (2 games) for the 3rd Sunday in a row.

Last week he broke the news in the chat that customization for the game would be deep.

Join us if you'd like:

http://www.twitch.tv/simulationfl
Old 03-29-2015, 05:09 PM   #23
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
I'm not assuming any date.

The point I made is that when the game is revealed entirely then you'll know it's all but finished and coming out soon. I sincerely doubt they'd do a full reveal for a game coming next year. Now, if the game is coming next year, then no reveal at all is really needed.

A smaller team generally wouldn't be able to make huge changes to a project with the type of scope a football game demands, especially not that close to going Gold, it's too risky, and from the way they've come across I'd be surprised if their team is as big as 2K's old football dev team or even Natural Motion's for that matter.

APF's development was remarkably short according to their own devs, but they also weren't building a game ground-up, they were working with a tried and true code base and only rewrote a few key components due to necessity of translation. They also happened to be the most talented group of football developers ever assembled, so it's no disrespects for me not to expect JMF devs to be able to develop at that level and speed. It would actually be unfair to expect that from them, not to mention with it being their first time out.
My point was that we don't know who is developing, if it's coming out on consoles, the Wii or Nividia, when it will be released...but I guess to some it's a fact that there is no point to telling Damon Grow you don't like the face masks because it can't be fixed now anyways.

I think feedback is a double edged sword. Game changers give just as much feedback that damages the game as they do feedback that benefits it. Just my opinion. But if you want to provide feedback, Damon Grows Twitter would be as good as any place to offer it.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:54 PM   #24
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/big.../1100-6114977/

The NFL/EA arrangement encompasses action, simulation, arcade-style, and manager games made for PCs, consoles, and handhelds (both the DS and PSP, included), giving EA a firm hold on the football gaming market. The deal does not include titles for mobile phones or Internet-based games, but does include online features of consoles.

This is something that irks me. No one can make a licensed game know pc, 3ds or vita except EA. But those have seen nothing in regards to the NFL. As a 3ds owner, I'd love a football game. But I got nothing.

Anyway, back on topic. The wait for info on this is brutal. If day we're getting drips and draws, but that would be an overstatement. Hopefully, around the draft we start seeing some more stuff. I will say that what grow days about 2k gives me some hope. But I was also optimistic about backbreaker, so what do I know lol.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »