Home

The Joe Montana Football 16 Thread

This is a discussion on The Joe Montana Football 16 Thread within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 07:05 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Joe Montana Football 16 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
My point was that we don't know who is developing, if it's coming out on consoles, the Wii or Nividia, when it will be released...but I guess to some it's a fact that there is no point to telling Damon Grow you don't like the face masks because it can't be fixed now anyways.
I don't know what you mean. People have told Damon Grow what they thought of the pic, lots of people, thoughts on the helmets included. Whether they can do anything about it before release that will impact it on release day is questionable. It can probably be patched if they had to. But the thing is we know nothing about what they're really doing, and that's on them, not us.

Quote:
I think feedback is a double edged sword. Game changers give just as much feedback that damages the game as they do feedback that benefits it.
We've been through this before

Gamechangers are generally poor representatives of the sim heads (have you seen and heard these videos and podcasts? A lot of it is utterly ridiculous), many of them aren't even sim players. Also, one development team's inability to capitalize on user feedback has nothing to do with another; one's inability is not representative of the effectiveness of the whole of input and feedback for all products and dev teams, and I point back to the two very big examples BBSFB posted. I can't conceive of how this can be argued against when the current generation console leader has an entire setup devoted entirely to fielding ideas and feedback from its users with a voting system attached, and then a log showing which ideas were implemented based on that feedback.

Quote:
Just my opinion. But if you want to provide feedback, Damon Grows Twitter would be as good as any place to offer it.
I don't know why you keep saying this. There is nothing much to provide feedback on. All we have is a photo. We could've provided early input but that stage is likely far over now because when they were in the time when it could've been used they weren't allowing it. Is the game still early? Maybe, but that photo looks awfully mature and is probably in later beta and I say that only because it is a first game and if it wasn't that developed it would show moreso than a more mature development like NBA 2K or something would.

We can provide critical feedback once the game is revealed and moreso when it's released and maybe some of it can be added in a patch, maybe, next game definitely it can provided that they're actually going to do anything differently with this next time.

And yes, I realize we don't know for certain when the release date is, but I have a hard time believing the game is coming next year, or that it's coming in the 4th quarter of this year either. I believe it may come some time in the 3rd quarter and that's just my personal feeling as it was since it was announced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2015, 07:09 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjspeaks
Last week he broke the news in the chat that customization for the game would be deep.

http://www.twitch.tv/simulationfl
This doesn't mean much. Depth is subjective. 2K told us customization for APF was deep and look how that turned out. It was deeply restricted is what it was.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:34 PM   #27
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I think we're already just back to arguing about things that are so vague or uncertain that the debate is just how vague or uncertain it is to different people.

On 2/5 he said forums would be up 'soon' btw.

Last edited by mestevo; 03-29-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:05 PM   #28
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I know it's easy to be highly critical right now but being that there isn't a release date or an angle to go off of pertaining to what exactly the game is going to be so there's really no right or wrong yet in what anyone's trying to debate.I can see this thread going the way of the other soon.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:35 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjspeaks
It appears per his tweet that Damon Grow will be be joining the chat sometime during the SFL broadcasts (2 games) for the 3rd Sunday in a row.

Last week he broke the news in the chat that customization for the game would be deep.

Join us if you'd like:

http://www.twitch.tv/simulationfl
Did any new info come out of this?
Old 03-29-2015, 09:59 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I think we're already just back to arguing about things that are so vague or uncertain that the debate is is how vague or uncertain it is to different people.

On 2/5 he said forums would be up 'soon' btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I know it's easy to be highly critical right now but being that there isn't a release date or an angle to go off of pertaining to what exactly the game is going to be so there's really no right or wrong yet in what anyone's trying to debate.I can see this thread going the way of the other soon.
I don't know why it's such a problem with people on OS discussing the game or speculation about the game. What is it hurting?
Sports gaming in general is going down every year. 1 NFL Game for 10+ years, 1 true NBA game , 1 Baseball Game (0 for Xbox1), no College games even to talk about. The pickings are getting slim to say the least.

People like myself have been pining for another Football game for 10+ years now. Not to replace one for the other but to give more options.
If it turns out it's just a generic game so be it. Being my 1st choice in platforms being PC and having no choices in Football, I would welcome anything I could get. So I say let us dreamers dream a little.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:11 PM   #31
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
I don't know why it's such a problem with people on OS discussing the game or speculation about the game. What is it hurting?
Sports gaming in general is going down every year. 1 NFL Game for 10+ years, 1 true NBA game , 1 Baseball Game (0 for Xbox1), no College games even to talk about. The pickings are getting slim to say the least.

People like myself have been pining for another Football game for 10+ years now. Not to replace one for the other but to give more options.
If it turns out it's just a generic game so be it. Being my 1st choice in platforms being PC and having no choices in Football, I would welcome anything I could get. So I say let us dreamers dream a little.
I think the thing that made the speculation REALLY annoying was that people were referencing baseless posts from this site and acting like they were facts straight from Damons mouth. Then there was 5 different threads all started based on the same baseless rumor with people claiming it was factual.

I also found the speculation to be very childish in some ways. People were actually arguing over something that we literally know nothing about. It was really classless and I'm sure I'm not the only one who got turned off of these forums because of the annoying threads and arguements.

thats my .02
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2015, 10:24 PM   #32
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

Aside from the nfl license speculation does anybody think its likely that 2k is involved?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »