Home

Just a wayward comment on the whole anti-EA/Madden fanboy thing...

This is a discussion on Just a wayward comment on the whole anti-EA/Madden fanboy thing... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2004, 08:39 PM   #1
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
Just a wayward comment on the whole anti-EA/Madden fanboy thing...

Some of us do it, some of us are tired of seeing it, but I think the whole Anti-EA fanboy bit is pretty simple to explain. I'm not gonna go into a long shpiel about this, I just wanted to make an observation. I think, really, it comes down to two simple things.

1) We want a better game than what we've been getting, and, moreso...

2) I think most of us have felt burned by EA at least once (some, probably somewhere near ten times or so), from them repackaging last year's game with only minor changes and updates, and have felt, not very long after purchase, that we'd been swindled out of $50, and were left nothing short of begging EA to step it up.

Well, that is why, this year, I am an ESPN fanboy. I want this game to kick a$$, and I want it to hit EA where it hurts: in the bank account. In the end, it will only make things better for all of us as football gamers, as is obvious to many of you.

So that's all I wanted to say, really. I don't mind the fanboys, and am in fact becoming one this year, because I know where it comes from. Just once, I want my anticipation to be met with an honest, quality product. I think 2K5 is gonna give us the best shot at that that we've had in a long time.

At least, I hope so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2004, 08:42 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Just a wayward comment on the whole anti-EA/Madden fanboy thing...

Good for you.
I, on the other hand, am a fanboy of neither. I'm a fanboy of good quality sports titles. I don't feel that I have to pledge my allegiance to a certain brand, whether it be food, clothes, or gaming companies. That's just my .02. I will buy both, like I always do, and enjoy them both...like I always do.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:31 PM   #3
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I swear if there was a nuclear war the only thing reaining would be Cher, cockroaches and 1 working PC stuck on a forum page about "fanboys and how to convert them"

Old 06-26-2004, 09:31 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

Skyboxer said:
I swear if there was a nuclear war the only thing reaining would be Cher, cockroaches and 1 working PC stuck on a forum page about "fanboys and how to convert them"

So true...
Old 06-26-2004, 09:40 PM   #5
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Sully said:
Good for you.
I, on the other hand, am a fanboy of neither. I'm a fanboy of good quality sports titles. I don't feel that I have to pledge my allegiance to a certain brand, whether it be food, clothes, or gaming companies. That's just my .02. I will buy both, like I always do, and enjoy them both...like I always do.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2004, 10:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

I don't feel that I have to pledge my allegiance to a certain brand, whether it be food, clothes, or gaming companies.

...Unless I have stock in it.

Old 06-26-2004, 10:18 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

newsguy said:
Quote:

I don't feel that I have to pledge my allegiance to a certain brand, whether it be food, clothes, or gaming companies.

...Unless I have stock in it.

Good point...
Old 06-26-2004, 10:45 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I also have both, will get both, get 3 football games every year including NCAA. I also think it's completely stupid to have to defend a video game and argue over 20 yard drop backs when at the end of the day it's all opinion.

Discussion about features, legitimate bugs etc. is what these forums are all about. But I can tell you one thing. There are things I love about Madden that I think blow ESPN out of the water. There are things about ESPN that I think put both EA games to shame. That's just how it is.

I can also promise you one more thing. If next year a company no one has heard of made a new football game that kicked [censored] I'd buy that one too! If it's presentation blew away ESPN and it's franchise smoked EA, we'd all buy it. And that's how it is. There is no loyalty to any game company for me. If a company has a good reputation, I will look forward to it's games more, but if they suck....well they suck and I won't buy them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »