Home
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2017, 10:08 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jan 2004
EA exclusive NFL agreement

Does anyone happen to know when the current EA/NFL agreement ends? I did some research but could only find articles as late as 2013 claiming the contract has a "few more years" remaining.
dazzo0007 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2017, 11:31 PM   #2
Rookie
 
TheWalkingCash's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Shreveport, LA
Re: EA exclusive NFL agreement

I believe it was extended in 2014 when those "NFL 2k15" rumors were out.
__________________
Razorbacks

Pelicans

Redskins
TheWalkingCash is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 12:44 AM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jan 2004
Re: EA exclusive NFL agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalkingCash
I believe it was extended in 2014 when those "NFL 2k15" rumors were out.


Thanks for the reply. We just don't know how long it was extended, huh?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dazzo0007 is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 01:02 AM   #4
Living the Dream
 
SugaRicky's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 2,793
Re: EA exclusive NFL agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzo0007
Thanks for the reply. We just don't know how long it was extended, huh?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ran across an article published in 2015 that said the current deal likely runs through 2017 based on previous extension lengths.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/06/15...with-ea-sports

sent from my cellular device
SugaRicky is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 02:13 PM   #5
Dungeoneer
 
CM Hooe's Arena
 
OVR: 45
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 19,182
Re: EA exclusive NFL agreement

Does it really matter at this point? Even if the agreement expires this year, there's no publicly-available reason for the NFL and EA to not renew their arrangement.
__________________
Christopher Hooe
CM Hooe is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2017, 03:03 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame
 
redsox4evur's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Boston
Blog Entries: 4
Re: EA exclusive NFL agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Does it really matter at this point? Even if the agreement expires this year, there's no publicly-available reason for the NFL and EA to not renew their arrangement.
Also the NFL always goes to EA first to renew the contract when it's about to expire anyways.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter
redsox4evur is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 03:07 PM   #7
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,454
Re: EA exclusive NFL agreement

The last line of the article shouldn't be ignored:

the smart money remains on that relationship continuing well beyond the end of the current deal, regardless of the desire from consumers for competition.
roadman is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 06:19 PM   #8
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jan 2004
Re: EA exclusive NFL agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The last line of the article shouldn't be ignored:

the smart money remains on that relationship continuing well beyond the end of the current deal, regardless of the desire from consumers for competition.
yep. and despite the NFL being a non-profit, its all about the MONAY!
dazzo0007 is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 PM.

Top -