Home

Gridiron Champions Has a Release Date, College Football Returns in 2020

This is a discussion on Gridiron Champions Has a Release Date, College Football Returns in 2020 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2018, 12:57 PM   #73
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Gridiron Champions Has a Release Date, College Football Returns in 2020

Sheesh! I was thinking that these guys were either

A) A few rich guys with the desire to make a new college football game who were trying to hire game designers to get it done

or

B) A few experienced game designers with the experience and training to make the game, who needed funding

But they're just a couple of dudes with neither? Pretty stupid that they even got anyone's attention then.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:09 PM   #74
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Sheesh! I was thinking that these guys were either

A) A few rich guys with the desire to make a new college football game who were trying to hire game designers to get it done

or

B) A few experienced game designers with the experience and training to make the game, who needed funding

But they're just a couple of dudes with neither? Pretty stupid that they even got anyone's attention then.

Their first video ever was terrible. If I recall, it was a guy talking into a phone behind a strip mall and you could hear a bunch of wind. Yup, it’s dude with no experience other than they want someone to make a game. They have a few ideas, don’t we all. They have a few mock up. And they are trying to get funding. Wouldn’t be shocked if we never hear another word about this project. Or maybe someone will get bored in a few months and reveal more meaningless details.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 07-18-2018, 06:50 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just hope the company remembers that without a NCAA License, they are not bound by NCAA's oversight and can take chances on things that really immerse the gamers. We can have helmets flying off, and grade tampering options if a player is in danger of failing a class. There is a huge need for some RPG elements built into a sports game to keep things moving forward. I should be able to build a program with boosters and rich alumni that can help recruit top tier talent. Choose a coach or an AD with benefits that affect gameplay. If you have School spirited AD verses a more financial minded AD, School Impact: If your school is supportive of your football program or not so much can affect money therefore, you may not be able to recruit that big name star. The more you win, the more lose, the more these things are affected. Just a few ideas, I have many more... :-D
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2018, 03:19 PM   #76
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugsbunny
I just hope the company remembers that without a NCAA License, they are not bound by NCAA's oversight and can take chances on things that really immerse the gamers. We can have helmets flying off, and grade tampering options if a player is in danger of failing a class. There is a huge need for some RPG elements built into a sports game to keep things moving forward. I should be able to build a program with boosters and rich alumni that can help recruit top tier talent. Choose a coach or an AD with benefits that affect gameplay. If you have School spirited AD verses a more financial minded AD, School Impact: If your school is supportive of your football program or not so much can affect money therefore, you may not be able to recruit that big name star. The more you win, the more lose, the more these things are affected. Just a few ideas, I have many more... :-D
That's a good way to become the No Mans Sky of sports games though, too.

The important promises they make will be after they find a developer, anything prior can be largely forgotten until after that happens and they discuss the game they've agreed to have made for them.

They currently aren't even sending out the newsletters that are a thing promised to paid supporters because there's nothing to talk about. https://twitter.com/IMVGAMING/status...394474496?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by mestevo; 07-18-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:18 PM   #77
Rookie

MDSavageBeast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
That's a good way to become the No Mans Sky of sports games though, too.

The important promises they make will be after they find a developer, anything prior can be largely forgotten until after that happens and they discuss the game they've agreed to have made for them.

They currently aren't even sending out the newsletters that are a thing promised to paid supporters because there's nothing to talk about. https://twitter.com/IMVGAMING/status...394474496?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The sketchy part about the sudden pausing of sending out newsletters is that it took an investor asking them about the newsletter to get them to say something about it. Crazy lol.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:59 PM   #78
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSavageBeast
The sketchy part about the sudden pausing of sending out newsletters is that it took an investor asking them about the newsletter to get them to say something about it. Crazy lol.
Yeah, and before that it was simply 'TBD'. It wasn't a decision they made proactively, it was reactive to being prodded about it over weeks.

Kinda strains credulity they couldn't find anything to talk about at all, from fodder about the team, fundraising efforts and further education or updates on the process the last few months since announcing they were going into massive debt to finance the game.

Poking around, between December and April they removed this excerpt from their site:
We are proud to announce that Big Ant Studios has agreed to co-develop and publish Gridiron Champions. They have informed us that the total cost of development will be $5 Million Dollars. They are willing to to fund 50% of the development cost and we can begin production as soon as we have raised our half of the development cost ($2.5 Million Dollars).
Old 07-20-2018, 12:04 PM   #79
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Yeah, and before that it was simply 'TBD'. It wasn't a decision they made proactively, it was reactive to being prodded about it over weeks.

Kinda strains credulity they couldn't find anything to talk about at all, from fodder about the team, fundraising efforts and further education or updates on the process the last few months since announcing they were going into massive debt to finance the game.

Poking around, between December and April they removed this excerpt from their site:
We are proud to announce that Big Ant Studios has agreed to co-develop and publish Gridiron Champions. They have informed us that the total cost of development will be $5 Million Dollars. They are willing to to fund 50% of the development cost and we can begin production as soon as we have raised our half of the development cost ($2.5 Million Dollars).
All the things you have pointed out are why I don't think this game will ever come to fruition. It feels like a side project, that the take to when they have time. Actually, it doesn't even feel like that. It feels like they are dabbling with the idea of a new hobby, got some stuff related to it, and realized it was far more difficult than they thought.

When I was 10 and REALLY wanted a drum set. I got my drum set...no idea how to play them. I took a few tutorial videos, realized "wow this is really tougher than I thought," and then my drums sat and gathered dust for 5 years until I sold them, to a drummer who wanted a set for his son.

That's how I see this. They thought it sounded really cool, so they dove in a bit, and went "oh crap this is really hard." So now it sits, gathering dust, in the hopes a big boy who knows what he is doing will buy it someday.

I hope I'm wrong, I'd love a new college game. Hell, I'd even love a community college game at this point lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-20-2018, 02:10 PM   #80
MVP

I have held from the start that this has 0% chance of happening. Nothing over the last 6-12 months has changed that belief. Two guys with no experience, no intellectual property, and no funding decided they are a video game studio, what could go wrong? It actually sounds like more of a plot to a bad Netflix movie than a business plan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »