Home

Axis Football 18 Details

This is a discussion on Axis Football 18 Details within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2018, 10:10 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Axis Football 18 Details

Two more patches dropped!

v 2.8
Adjusted the pass trajectory a bit. Too many throws were behind the receivers.
Adjusted catch chance in double and triple coverage.
Fixed an issue with the punt returner running circles around where the ball was going to land

v2.9 Changes:

Fixed several bugs with penalties and changes in possession. Previously, there were a few edge cases where penalties occurred during turnovers or other changes of possession that canceled out the turnover/CoP. These have been fixed.

Adjusted when the AI will call TOs (they were calling them a bit too early before)

Teams will no longer wait to snap the ball (i.e., run out the clock) if they're losing at the end of the game. This was a slight error in the logic that wasn't taking into account AI vs AI games)

The clock will no longer run when exiting out of defensive audibles
Fixed a bug that was causing the cursor to be hidden when opening the depth chart from the playbook window
Fixed some of the logic for the "Ask Mike" feature when selecting defenses on 4th down and during PAT
The user can no longer let the clock run down indefinitely when they are on defense by not selecting a play
Old 09-19-2018, 08:13 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 4

Axis 3.0 in the house!

-Added achievements to the game!
-Fixed the issue where the players would tap the ball into the air over and over and gather around it. It looked like a hot potato, and while it was funny, it wasn't very simulation football.
-Fixed the issue with the music playing when it should not.
-Adjusted the kicker's position on kickoffs so he actually kicks the ball
-Fixed some QB/RB handoff interactions
-Fixed some roster errors with attributes being too high/low
-Fixed a bug that was causing the accelerated clock to stop working on AI vs AI matches
-Fixed an error with the player editor where the discipline attribute wasn't getting set properly

Last edited by PES3Paul; 09-19-2018 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:58 AM   #51
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

OVR: 0

v3.1 Changelog

Fixed a bug that was causing crashes when an achievement was earned
Fixed some issues with the clock running and not running when it should

v3.2 Changelog

Hi, folks!

We're back with another update and some bug fixes!

Changelog:

Added some additional options for controlling the speed of the game, play clock, and game clock. Please note that all game settings are getting reset back to the default. We apologize for any inconvience this may cause, but it's necessary to implement some fixes.

Fixed the bug that was causing the user to sometimes be unable to run the PAT if they scored as time expired.
Fixed the bug that was causing the punt returner to circle around the ball's
landing spot
Fixed several bugs related to when the game and play clock started and stopped
The AI will no longer wait to snap the ball (ie, run the clock out) if they're losing
Adjusted some passing values to create more realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2018, 04:03 PM   #52
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

Being honest - it's actually probably 4-6 weeks launched too early. Still recommend it, but it's a C+ when I wish I could give it a B+ (and I don't think even Danny would be upset when I say that B+ would be the highest grade this edition could receive - it was developed as the main building block for the series and was known not to have all the features and polishing as intended for later products).

The game is..."decent", BUT - clock issues have been a real problem and has been taking a lot of time to iron out (they still correcting odd off behavior here), as well as some irritating issues (hot potato ball, kicking/punting animations, etc) - when at this point you would like to see them working on more extensively polishing/adjusting on-field gameplay, working through franchise issues, and properly implementing spectate view through the whole franchise and side view orientations. There is talk that maybe, just maybe trading of draft picks just might make it in...but that is really uncertain at this point.

If the plan is to continue working very hard with patches and working through implementation (views/modes) and also tuning/adjusting gameplay (right now passing is too potent, rushing too weak), get a real hard look at polishing of franchise mode and issues with it as well (progression/regression...player age/retirements, etc.) - IF they can devote the time to all of that till its release on console (which I believe is still Nov. 7th date planned), then it will be a far better game I am sure. The dedication of the developers is really outstanding -- just hope they keep going for another good 4-6 weeks on this PC version and this could end up being something far from perfect, but very very good.

Last edited by redwo1f; 09-23-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:17 PM   #53
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwo1f
Being honest - it's actually probably 4-6 weeks launched too early. Still recommend it, but it's a C+ when I wish I could give it a B+ (and I don't think even Danny would be upset when I say that B+ would be the highest grade this edition could receive - it was developed as the main building block for the series and was known not to have all the features and polishing as intended for later products).

The game is..."decent", BUT - clock issues have been a real problem and has been taking a lot of time to iron out (they still correcting odd off behavior here), as well as some irritating issues (hot potato ball, kicking/punting animations, etc) - when at this point you would like to see them working on more extensively polishing/adjusting on-field gameplay, working through franchise issues, and properly implementing spectate view through the whole franchise and side view orientations. There is talk that maybe, just maybe trading of draft picks just might make it in...but that is really uncertain at this point.

If the plan is to continue working very hard with patches and working through implementation (views/modes) and also tuning/adjusting gameplay (right now passing is too potent, rushing too weak), get a real hard look at polishing of franchise mode and issues with it as well (progression/regression...player age/retirements, etc.) - IF they can devote the time to all of that till its release on console (which I believe is still Nov. 7th date planned), then it will be a far better game I am sure. The dedication of the developers is really outstanding -- just hope they keep going for another good 4-6 weeks on this PC version and this could end up being something far from perfect, but very very good.
I disagree. Rushing is WAY too easy still. Running edge plays garner 7+ yards easily every play.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:09 AM   #54
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
I disagree. Rushing is WAY too easy still. Running edge plays garner 7+ yards easily every play.
Let me stipulate then - for the AI rushing is too difficult. AI vs AI and coach mode games rushing is low (AI vs AI is a measure of the direct game engine). Inside rushing at this moment is generally very poor. And yes, as a coach, you can mitigate it somewhat with calling outside rushes and minimizing inside runs...but the AI doesn't do that like you can (so unfair in a sense)...plus I don't want to have to call outside runs 90% of the time.

If you control your players with a controller/gamepad, it is a different thing as you can turn and cut and what-not whereas the AI is not matching you. So yes, a difference.

Last edited by redwo1f; 09-25-2018 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #55
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

V3.3 Now live:

"Axis Football 2018 v3.3 is now live!
posted by Axis Games @ 07:16AM on September 26, 2018
Hi, folks!

It's been a couple days since our late update, but we've certainly been hard at work! Please see the complete changelog below!

Added a toggle option for the stick push option when using aimed passing. This allows the user to slightly aim the direction of the pass when throwing to receivers using icon passing. For example, if you press X to throw to receiver X and you are holding left on your left stick, the ball will be thrown to the left of the receiver.
Fixed a few issues with when the clock was running when it shouldn't be and not running when it should be.
Fixed the bug that was awarding the two-point conversion to the wrong team if a penalty occured and was declined on a two-point attempt.
Offensive pass interference will no longer result in a loss of down
Fixed a display bug when showing the down and distance for false start (decline option) and offensive holding (accept option).
The proper down and distance will now show in the play clock after a penalty.
Fixed a bug that was showing the wrong formation in AI vs AI
Draft and Free Agency classes will now be randomized by year. Previously, all year one, two, three, etc. draft and free agency classes were the same across all franchises.
Fixed a display bug in the free agency that was incorrectly showing some players as rookies.

Thanks for the continued support and feedback!

Best,

Danny"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2018, 08:34 PM   #56
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

Many of us have had this for some time (there is a beta opt in on steam), but here is the official patch notes of 3.7 (though they are on beta 3.8.5 as I write):

"Version 3.7 has been out for a bit, but I wanted to officially post the patch notes. Please see them below.

AI Passing Game Improvements:
Decision making has improved, based on QB throwing power, throwing accuracy, and awareness
The AI QB will now take down and distance into account
Decoupled QB scrambling from frame rate. QBs will scramble based on a timer instead of on frames to help slower PCs.
Throws at the sidelines will go upfield a little bit instead of directly to the receiver to prevent short gains on ugly passes

AI Running Game Improvements:
AI will be more likely to follow blockers and run inside when an inside run is picked.
Blocking improvements should keep running plays from going for lossses as frequently.

Other Changes:
Improved blocking. Inside runs should be more of a possibility. Offensive linemen will hold blocks, even in HoF mode (depending on their blocking attribute)
Improved man coverage. If a linebacker is covering a WR he will give more of a buffer to make up for the speed difference. Should result in fewer wide open receivers downfield.
Improved difficulty levels. The higher modes should be harder, but not unfair (OL will maintain blocks, speed of defenders will remain consistent)
Fixed a bug where the formation text (in the scorebar) wasn't moving side to side to indicate who was on offense.
Fixed a bug where the punt or kick returner was catching the kick already out of bounds, causing some issues
Fixed a few bugs where stats weren't getting tracked properly on a turnover
Connected the attribute "P1 Lead Receiver" to AI passing. Please reset your value to 0. If the AI is consistently overthrowing, lower this value. Similarly if the AI is consistently underthrowing passes
Lowered the angle that passes are thrown at to get a more realistic feel
QB audio will now be tied to the Sound Effects volume slider
In-Game Injuries have been reduced to more realistic levels
Normalized values for starting QB, WR, and RB for each of the base teams. Some players were way too overpowered and some were way too underwhelming.
Improved catching for DBs when they have a clear shot at a ball. If a ball gets thrown to a wide open DB there's a good chance he will catch it (based on catch/awareness ratings).
Updated timeout logic. The AI will now call timeouts more reliably when losing and on defense.
Fixed the bug where the awards weren't showing all the time at the end of a season.
Fixed the bug where the rookie's contract years and salary were displaying in the wrong field
Fixed the bug where that would crash the game if you selected "Spectate" from the franchise dashboard, then went back to the dashboard and simulated the game.
Fixed a bug where defensive facemask penalty would be called on your defenders when you were on offense.
Fixed a bug causing the game to hang up when loading uniforms and only using Mods."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »