Home

Axis Football '18 Review

This is a discussion on Axis Football '18 Review within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2018, 11:20 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: This game is two years away from being able to compete directly with Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossme89
I just wanted to say how impressed I am with this game. Every year it’s a monumental leap forward.

The franchise mode is awesome. Better than Madden.

The gameplay itself isn’t Madden. The animations aren’t realistic. It’s more like players run into another player to tackle them. They don’t move that well either. But it’s still a huge improvement over prior years.

If the developers worked on adding more animations and fine tuned the collision system, it would be a better game.

I bought it for $20. I probably won’t get my money’s worth as Madden is still better. But I’m happy to support the developer because this game is 2 years away competing directly with Madden.

Axis Football 2020 will probably be able to compete directly with Madden.

It’s really amazing how this small team of developers has made this.
While I, too, purchased the game and am happy to support the developer, to say the franchise mode (at this point) is better than Madden is silly. Axis' franchise mode is as bare bones as could be. I am happy it has a franchise mode, but it has a lot of work before it can be remotely even to the level of Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #26
Just started!

OVR: 0
This is a reincarnation of Front Page Sports Football 96 to me. Which is awesome.* It blows my mind people hate madden will* buy it for $60... then someone is working on* building a base to better and people say "Grpahics suck won't buy till they are better" Well if you don't buy it they won't be able to come out with more games. They are taking steps to do many things Madden refuses to do, the graphics will catch up.* I consider the $20 an investment more than getting game.**
Old 12-04-2018, 11:12 AM   #27
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Re: Axis Football '18 Review

Can’t wait to finish my work week and buy this.

For those who have, in franchise mode are you able to operate without contracts? I’d love to create like a junior college league if there’s a way to play it like a college game instead of pro

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 12-04-2018, 12:13 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Can’t wait to finish my work week and buy this.

For those who have, in franchise mode are you able to operate without contracts? I’d love to create like a junior college league if there’s a way to play it like a college game instead of pro

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

There are checkboxes on each team to make it a college team. However I haven't found a logo editor on the console version.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:38 PM   #29
MVP

pinbw's Arena

This is the best 3rd party attempt at coming up with a new football game. Hope they can keep it up for a few more years...if they can, I think there is hope for all of us they could provide a way to having a college football mod by 2020 that everyone can gravitate towards.
But competition may be there from 2 or 3 football games providing a creative mode, so hopefully they don't all crowd the market and fail.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:59 PM   #30
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Anyone have an idea when this will release for PS4 ? I would like to support it like how I supported maximum football .
Old 12-22-2018, 12:56 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 4

Last I heard there was another delay for the PS4 console, so it won't actually make it out in 2018. So, maybe January 2019?

With the NFL playoffs happening in January, I think a football game can still be released and find some success. They need to target a late July release for the 2019 version though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2018, 05:38 PM   #32
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Any word lately for PS4 release?

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »