Home

Something in the Making: Lam Matteo (PES 2009)

This is a discussion on Something in the Making: Lam Matteo (PES 2009) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #577
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Something in the Making: Lam Matteo (PES 2009)

Fixture 14 - (Nov. 4, 2017)
Queens Park Rangers v Watford

Taarabt was selected as Man of the Match after his performance.

Prematch: QPR (5th, 27pts) v Watford (2nd, 30pts)
The strength of Watford will be tested today, so close to the top - but the distraction of Mackay and Heidar Helguson has resulted in the
top scorer being benched today. Danny Graham gets the start over the Iceland international, and of course Lam Matteo gets the nod as
well - the next highest scorer with six goals. QPR also have an outstanding midfielder, Giovanni dos Santos is the highest paid player in
the Championship - and will make sure to showcase his talents that were so ever defined in the premiership before a torn ACL was the
culprit of his downfall.

Halftime: QPR 0-1 Watford
A fortunate bounce off of the keeper, and Lam Matteo scores yet another goal for the club. QPR are showing the best attack, but the final
ball by Watford was created by Matteo initially, a swift attack - and a setup goal by Billy Gibson to the American international, his 7th for the
club.

Fulltime: QPR 2-1 Watford
Watford were catch ball watching too many times on defense, and the heading shots from QPR were spot on. QPR midfielder Adel Taarabt
takes man of the match awards with a goal and an assist. Lam Matteo continues to score goals, but also continues lack the fitness for a full
90 minute performance - Mackay could be blamed, but can Watford afford being without Matteo after such a devastating loss today?

Watford Goals: Matteo 35
QPR Goals: Taarabt 62, Pellicori 67

Caution: Faurlin (QPR)
Sent off: None
-------

Next Match - Uefa Europa Fixture, Matchday 4, Atletico Madrid v Watford
Old 01-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #578
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Preparing for Madrid
Will Heidar and Matteo be benched?
by Mark Schwarzer last updated 10 November 2017

First place Atletico Madrid play the role of hosts in tommorow's match

Malky Mackay and Watford have made an incredible start to their European campaign - more than proving themselves as the better team in
the Championship. Mackay has not directly addressed, however, the status of Lam Matteo and Heidar Helguson.

"Matteo is fatigued," says Mackay, "He has played in quite a few games, and with my system - he is an all around player who runs around quite
a bit - it's only understandable his body has taken a toll."

The manager has also, rather bluntly, addressed the issue with Heidar Helguson's playing time.

"I do not plan on playing Heidar. He has been a distraction, and I believe he's to blame on how we lost focus against QPR this past weekend.
Frankly, his lack of professionalism is concerning me."

As for Atletico Madrid, the top scorer tied at the top with 5 goals in the Uefa Europa League is Diego Forlan. Forlan poses more than a threat for
a shaky backline, but Mackay believes a win is in the books.

"We have come a long way, from being doubted to hailed as the possible English champions. A good group of lads who need to refocus
consisting of some superstars - I think we have a good mix and a great chance to beat Madrid, and Forlan".

Old 01-21-2010, 11:49 PM   #579
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Groupstage Matchday 4 - (Nov. 11, 2017)
Atletico Madrid v Watford

Diego Forlan was an absolute threat to the shaky Watford defense.

Prematch: Watford - Atletico Madrid - Watford
Spain is the venue tonight, and the second meeting between Atletico Madrid and Watford football club. Madrid bring in Diego Forland, the
currently tied top scorer - and Watford of course are without troubled striker Helguson, but Lam Matteo does get the nod to start. A crucial
match for both teams, if Watford win - they claim first however.

Halftime: Atletico Madrid 1-2 Watford
Lam Matteo is serving Malky Mackay's side as the utility player with no stamina - but the midfielder has once again put Watford in a position
to for success by scoring two goals. Matteo was at fault though when Diego Forlan was left unmarked by the American at the end of the half,
the Argentine international headed the ball uncontested into the back of the Watford net.

Fulltime: Atletico Madrid 3-2 Watford
They say two nil is the worst scoreline for a team - and tonight, Watford suffered a heart breaking loss to a fortunate Atletico Madrid side.
Two goals from Diego Forlan, the first one just before half time, and then the one that hurt the opposition was the one in the 77th minute
after some hard work by Gudjohnsen on the flank. Lam Matteo, once again, left the match showing fatigue, but before that had scored two
goals for his side. Eitherway, a loss is not the worst result - at this rate, both sides should qualify for advancement into the knockout stage.

Watford Goals: Matteo 29 40
Atletico Madrid Goals: Forlan 44 77, Jurado 64

Caution: None
-------

Next Match - Watford v Sheffield United
Old 01-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #580
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Rested, finally
Mackay says Matteo deserves a couple

For the next four matches, Lam Matteo will be rested. Even though it was against Mackay's plans - sources state that the American is his prized possession - therefore you have to make the talent happy.
Matteo will miss matches against Sheffield United, Hearts (Uefa), Middlesbrough and finally Olimpiacos (Uefa).

"It's a tough decision," Matteo goes about, "But I have to start caring about my health more than ever - I'm 28 now, I'm not sure how much football is left in me - plus I want to be able to finish off the season strongly."

Mackay feels that keeping the midfielder happy will also steer clear his thoughts of a possible transfer when January transfer window opens up in a couple of weeks.

"At this very moment, he is the most important player - and I want him to not only be happy, but fit when he comes on to guide his team to victories."

Old 01-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #581
Rookie

OVR: 8

You thrashed PNE.

Where do you get them awesome Sky Sports/Watford banners at the top of your updates?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #582
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNE-Adz
You thrashed PNE.

Where do you get them awesome Sky Sports/Watford banners at the top of your updates?
Yeah - I like PNE, and it was a shame they couldn't put up a bigger fight. The banners are from their websites - I just copy, and edit in photshop a bit.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #583
Rookie

OVR: 8

Oh right.

PNE have Chelsea in the FA Cup tomorrow; and I will be there.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #584
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Simmed Results:

v Sheffield United - 0-3 (L)
v Hearts, UEFA - 2-3 (L)
v Middlesbrough - 0-3 (L)

Groupstage Matchday 6 - (Dec. 9, 2017)
Watford v Olympiacos

Matteo returns early from his fatigue break to help his club.

Prematch: Watford - Olympiacos
Watford runs out of chances tonight, the last match is one that absolutely needs to be won by the English side. As it stands, the club
would not go through to the knock-out stage. Lam Matteo makes a triumphant, and necessary, return. The midfielder has found the
back of the net in this competition - and his magic will surely be needed. Yet again, according to Malky Mackay, Heidar Helguson's
scoring touch is not needed - the striker warms the bench for the 8th consecutive match.

Halftime: Watford 0-0 Olympiacos
A couple of glances on the target, played at a frantic pace - the best chance of the match fell to Zairi for Olympiacos, when the striker
was left alone at the back post - but his shot was blocked off the line by Jay Demerit. Lam Matteo is the workhorse for Mackay's side -
and showing great fitness, and effort. A clear cut shot by the American in the 22nd minute was saved well by the keeper.

Fulltime: Watford 1-1 Olympiacos
Watford and Olympiacos exit the UEFA stage with their heads held high, a brilliant display of football competition - no winners is fitting,
but at the same time heart breaking. Don Cowie's effort in stoppage time was pushed away by Nikopolidis - a goal surely would have
sent the home crowd into a frenzy. Lam Matteo grabs man of the match awards due to his incredible work rate in the midfield - still
showing some signs of fatigue, putting up 82 minutes of play.

Watford Goals: Matteo 49
Olympiacos Goals: Gonzalez 72

Caution: Torosidis (Olympiacos)
-------

Next Match - Newcastle United v Watford

Last edited by Matt10; 01-23-2010 at 11:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »