Home

New River Valley Wrestling Association (TEW 2010)

This is a discussion on New River Valley Wrestling Association (TEW 2010) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #73
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: New River Valley Wrestling Association (TEW 2010)

NRVWA River Madness
Live in front of 75 fans at the Blacksburg High School Gym

Main Show

Dutch Mantell is in the ring

Mantell: I know last week's main event kind of sucked. That's why I'm out here. Tonight, we're going to see Mikey Batts vs The Awesome Seth in the main event for a shot at Andy Sumner's NRVWA World Championship. I've let Sumner know that he is welcome as the guest commentator for the match, as well, so we'll see how everything goes tonight. Let the show begin!

F+

------

Thomas Barr vs Sybernatico

These two finally got in the ring with each other. It was a very even match, with both men getting some good flying offense in. Sybernatico hit a diving crossbody which led into the victory.

Winner: Sybernatico

F+

------

Dutch Mantell is shown in the locker room with Mike Snider

Mantell: Alright, let's go over this again? When he goes for the Boston Crab, how do you get out of it?

Snider mimes how to get out of a Boston Crab

Mantell: Excellent. I think we're ready. Oh, and it's time for your first match as my protege. Get out there and show the fans that I was right in picking you.

F+

------

Mike Snider vs Steve "The Prototype" McClure

Snider came out with some vigor, and got some good offense in as the bell rung. McClure got reversed with almost everything he tried to do, and when it came down to it, Snider just had an answer for everything. Mantell was ringside, yelling advice to his protege.

Winner: Mike Snider

F+

------

Aden Frost is shown in the ring with the Japanese flag

Frost: Look at that. That's the Japanese flag. "The Land of the Rising Sun". Well, in my opinion, that means the flag is missing one thing. Some heat.

Frost pulls out a lighter and lights the flag on fire

Frost: That's more like it, right?

Kouen runs out and hits the ring, defending the flag of his country, before he gets subdued by Frost, who stands above him with the burning flag

Frost: Welcome to America, Kouen.

E-

------

Alastair vs Dangerous J

Dangerous J came out with Sewell, and Alastair came out with Singh. Dangerous J was overmatched with the large Alastair, but still got in some good offense until Alastair was able to get his hand around Dangerous J's throat for a monstrous chokeslam.

Winner: Alastair

E

------

Andy Sumner makes his way down to the ring to be the guest commentator

Baltimore: Welcome to commentary, Andy!

Sumner: Thanks for having me, Timmy.

E

------

Mikey Batts vs The Awesome Seth
--NRVWA World Championship #1 Contender's Match--

In the ring, the anger and hatred between these two guys was very obvious, as both went right after the other. The action spilled out to the outside of the ring, and Batts hit a drop toe-hold that dropped Seth onto the ringsteps. Batts didn't stop the assault, even with the referee counting to 10, and neither man could get in the ring before the referee got to the 10 count, disqualifying both men, and yet again, leaving concern in the World Championship picture.

Double Count Out

D-

------

Andy Sumner hits the ring, and all three stare each other down

Baltimore: Another week, another staredown! Will this ever get resolved? Personally, I don't know, but come back next week for more updates! Goodnight!

E-

------

Final Show Rating: E+

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 02-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #74
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

NRVWA River Madness
Live in front of 56 fans at the Blacksburg High School Gym

Main Show

Jeffrey Sewell vs Vinod Singh

In a quick opening match, Sewell and Singh put on a good show. Singh had a slip up after Alastair tried to get involved with the match, and Sewell capitalized on it for the victory. Since the two teams split their singles matches, they'll be facing off next week in non-title tag action. If Alastair and Singh win, they'll get a shot at the NRVWA Tag Team Championship.

Winner: Jeffrey Sewell

E+

------

Dutch Mantell is in the ring

Mantell: Let's cut to the chase here. I'm sick of the NRVWA World Championship race being so muddled. Tonight, there will be a Triple Threat match to determine the Champion. Whoever gets the pinfall or submission will win the Championship, even if they don't pin the current Champion. That should solve this nonsense one way or another.

F+

------

Mike Snider vs Ryan Cruise

Ryan Cruise came out quickly with some offense, but Snider quickly turned the match into another reversal-fest, and came out on top again. After the match, Mantell briefly celebrated with Snider in the ring.

F+

------

Mantell is in the ring again

Mantell: Alright, I've got another match to announce. Next week, we'll see Kouen and Aden Frost in this ring. However, it will be a flag match, and not only that, but it'll also be for the NRVWA Television Championship. That should be a fun match, eh? Alright, it's time for the main event, so I'll head out and let everything play out.

F+

------

NRVWA World Championship Match

Andy Sumner vs The Awesome Seth vs Mikey Batts

Sumner quickly tried to slap on his Fujiwara Armbar on Seth, but Batts stopped the submission. For most of the match, Seth stood outside the ring, waiting for his opportunity. However, this approach became dangerous when Sumner and Batts figured it out, and trapped him outside. After dispaching Seth, both got back into the ring and fought for the title. However, after Mikey Batts clotheslined Sumner out of the ring, he turned around into The Awesome Slam, and Seth pinned Batts for the victory.

Winner and NEW NRVWA World Championship: The Awesome Seth

D-

------

Seth celebrates in the ring while Sumner looks angry and confused on the entrance ramp

Fullington: I guess we're going to be starting the Awesome Era!

Baltimore: Well, we'll see about that, Leroy.

F+

------

Final Show Rating: E+

OS OT Post Champ '11

Old 02-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #75
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

"What a show," I thought to myself.

The next day I woke up to my cell phone with an unfamiliar number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Mr. Snider, this is Sherry Spradlin from Blue Ridge PBS. We spoke before about renewing River Madness."

"Ah yes, good morning Ms. Spradlin. What have you decided?"

"We've decided not to continue airing your television show for the time being. Good luck to you."

"Well, thanks for the shot. I'm sure we'll be in contact when we become more popular."

Well that sucks. We're just going to have to run a monthly show from now on.

NRVWA's new schedule is as following:

NRVWA Winner Takes All - Thursday, Week 2 (monthly)
NRVWA Showdown - Thursday, Week 4 (monthly)

OS OT Post Champ '11

Last edited by The GIGGAS; 02-28-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2010, 01:09 AM   #76
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

NRVWA Winner Takes All
Live in front of 38 fans at the Blacksburg High School Gym

Pre-Show

Fast Eddie and Steve "The Prototype" McClure vs Kurt Kastle and Sybernatico

In a good opening match, everyone got some offense in. The ending came when Sybernatico hit McClure with a flying crossbody that led straight to a pin.

Winners: Kurt Kastle and Sybernatico

E

------

Main Show

The show opens with Baltimore at the announcing desk

Baltimore: Welcome to the first-ever NRVWA Winner Takes All event, ladies and gentlemen! Tonight we have one hell of a main event, as The Awesome Seth will defend his newly-won NRVWA World Championship against the previous owner, Andy Sumner. It's sure to be one hell of a match, so don't miss it!

E

------

Double J vs Polar Opposites

This match was for a future NRVWA Tag Team Championship match. Alastair dominated the match almost the whole way. Dangerous J got some good offense on Vinod, but was able to slow down Alastair enough. However, when Sewell came in for the hot tag, Alastair had other ideas, and chokeslammed him to the canvas, and got the pin, and the title shot for NRVWA Showdown.

Winners: Polar Opposites

E+

------

Aden Frost is backstage

Frost: So tonight I get to finally beat Kouen in a match for that NRVWA Television Championship. Not only that, but I get to take back the American flag from that non-American loser. That's what it's all about.

E-

------

Mike Snider vs Thomas Barr

Snider dominated the match, reversing his fortunes from February. Dutch Mantell has really helped this young wrestler.

F

------

Mikey Batts is backstage

Batts: Just because Seth and Sumner are fighting tonight does not mean I'm going to sit idly by. I'm going to continue working towards the World Championship, and I promise each one of my fans that I will figure out some way to get it. That's not just a promise. That's a guarantee.

F+

------

NRVWA Television Championship Match

Kouen vs Aden Frost
--Flag Match--

Both men started off the match realizing they couldn't just make an effort to get the flag without wearing down their opponent. This led to something that seemed more like a regular match, until late in the match. Frost realized he had a good opening, and took Kouen out with the title belt, which he then earned by grabbing the American flag and returning it to his corner.

Winner and NEW NRVWA Television Champion: Aden Frost

D

------

Dutch Mantell with Mike Snider is shown backstage

Baltimore: We're speaking now with Dutch Mantell, NRVWA Commissioner. Now, Commissioner, why did you take Mike Snider under your wing?

Mantell: Well Timmy, I saw a lot of potential in Snider, but he hadn't really been able to use it. Obviously, he needed some good teaching, and I've felt like I've been able to help him out.

Baltimore: What have you been working on with him?

Mantell: Oh, everything, really. Mostly, how to get out of opponent's attacks. Like you've seen, he's been able to get out of most manuevers with ease now. He's really got something going here, with a three match winning streak. If he's able to win a few more matches, I might even book him in a match for a championship.

Baltimore: That's a huge bombshell. Thanks for joining us, Mr. Mantell.

Mantell: Thanks for having us.

F+

------

The Awesome Seth vs Andy Sumner

This match had been held a lot recently, but this had the most on the line, being Seth's first match as NRVWA World Champion, along with Andy Sumner's rematch. The Awesome Seth tried dirty tactics, but Sumner was able to duck and dodge all of them, so Seth had to actually wrestle, which he did enough to get some good offense in. Andy had the Fujiwara Armbar locked in, but Seth was able to make it to the ropes. Seth went for The Awesome Slam, but was blocked, but this knocked out the referee. Sumner went for an attack, but Seth rolled out of the ring and grabbed a chair. He slammed it against the mat, which brought the ref back from the canvas and threw the chair to Andy while he fell. The ref saw this and disqualified Andy Sumner, as it seemed like Sumner just hit Seth with the chair.

Winner and STILL NRVWA World Champion: The Awesome Seth

D-

------

Dutch Mantell comes out onto the entrance ramp

Mantell: Well done, Seth. Congratulations on your successful defense of your NRVWA World Championship. I have some news for NRVWA Showdown, though. As King of the Stars Champion, Kouen has one wish for anything that I can take care of in NRVWA. He's asked it in. I assume you realize what I'm talking about. You, Seth, will be facing Kouen at the next show for that NRVWA World Championship. Good luck, sir. You're going to need it, since Kouen is a very accomplished wrestler here in NRVWA.

E-

------

Final Show Rating: D-

OS OT Post Champ '11

Old 03-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #77
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

Keep doing this Dynasty! This is better than watching wrestling on TV. I'm really starting to get into these guys! Keep up the GREAT work!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #78
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

You need to get a top notch negotiator to get your TV contract back!

My Video Game Streams
Old 03-03-2010, 02:32 AM   #79
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

How the hell does Kouen lose twice and still get a world title shot? This some Cena type **** here. Bring back Heartbreak!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #80
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

NRVWA Showdown
Live in front of 67 fans at the Blacksburg High School Gym

Main Show

Kurt Kastle, Mikey Batts, and Sybernatico vs Thomas Barr, Steve "The Prototype" McClure, and Fast Eddit

Mikey Batts was obviously the most talented performer, and he dominated the other team. Kastle and Sybernatico were more down to the level of everyone else, but once Batts finally got into the ring after Kastle and Sybernatico got their chance, it was game over. Batts completely dominated, and he got the win for his team.

Winners: Kurt Kastle, Mikey Batts, and Sybernatico

E+

------

Dutch Mantell is backstage with his protege Mike Snider

Mantell: Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the next big thing at NRVWA: Mike Snider! Now that we've got that out of the way, Mike's told me that he knows who he really wants to face. So we're going to be issuing a challenge to him. Ryan Cruise, my protege wants to face you in the ring.

F+

------

Kouen vs The Awesome Seth

Timmy Baltimore said it best when he wondered if the timing of this match was also part of Kouen's wish from winning the King of the Stars tournament. This was a pretty even match, but late in the match, Seth made a critical mistake that opened the door for Kouen to capitalize with a flying DDT followed by his patented* Flame Press to get the pinfall.

*not really patented

Winner and NEW NRVWA World Champion: Kouen

E+

------

Ryan Cruise is backstage

Cruise: I have been alerted that Dutch Mantell has challenged me to a match with Mike Snider. I accept. I look forward to the challenge in the ring next week.

E-

------

NRVWA Tag Team Championship Match

Double J vs Polar Opposites

This match was pretty even. However, late in the match, Alastair pushed Sewell into ref Tucker Carson, and he spilled out of the ring. The Polar Opposites quickly grabbed two chairs, and hit Con-Chair-Tos on both men, threw the chairs (along with Dangeous J) out of the ring, and Singh revived the ref. This revival came just in time for the ref to see Alastair pinning Sewell, and in that way, Polar Opposites won the match.

Winners and NEW NRVWA Tag Team Champions: Polar Opposites

D-

------

Aden Frost is in the ring, getting ready for his next match, which is a NRVWA Television Championship match against an unknown wrestler

Frost: You know, I've been thinking about you fans. You are some pretty cool people. I met you guys before the show tonight, and I think you are worth being a nice guy to. Honestly, let's have some fun tonight! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Crowd chants along with the new Frost, but he doesn't see Kouen coming in the ring behind him

Baltimore: Oh no, look out!

Kouen decimates the NRVWA Television Championship, and drapes the Japanese flag over him. As he leaves, he waves someone out of the back, and gives the fans the finger

Baltimore: We've never seen this from Kouen! Can he be sick of American life?

E-

------

NRVWA Television Championship Match

Aden Frost vs Jacques Rougeau

Jacques Rougeau is a fourth-generation wrestler from the French-Canadian province of Quebec. He quickly used Frost's incapacitation to his advantage, continuing Kouen's onslaught where he had left off. Frost was able to knock Rougeau down by tripping him up, and evened up the match. However, this was not meant to be, as Kouen came back down once Frost had been knocked down by Rougeau, and performed his Flame Press on the prone Frost while Rougeau distracted the ref. Rougeau capitalized on this to win his first match in NRVWA.

Winner and NEW NRVWA Television Champion: Jacques Rougeau

D-

------

Jacques Rougeau heads to the top of the ramp with his new NRVWA Television Championship, and is joined by Kouen holding his NRVWA World Championship, and Polar Opposites with their NRVWA Tag Team Championship belts

Rougeau: Bonjour, Virginia! Je m'appelle Jacques Rougeau. I am fourth-generation wrestling superstar from Canada. Vinod?

Vinod: Thanks Jacques. Ladies and gentlemen, I suppose you're interested in why we're all here, holding our new championships. Well, tonight will be historic for NRVWA, as the most influential grouping of wrestlers in the industry today has been formed to dominate. We call ourselves the Anti-Americans. Jacques and Alastair are from Canada, which is far better than the USA, Kouen is from Japan, as you probably know. Sadly, I am American born, but I am throwing off that label to assume my Indian heritage, which is a far better country than America. There is no stopping us. Welcome to the reign of the Anti-Americans!

The crowd boos very loudly as the Anti-Americans pose on the ramp

E

------

Andy Sumner, Aden Frost, Dangerous J, and Jeffrey Sewell were watching the previous segment on the backstage TV, and all look shocked

Sumner: This is not good, guys.

Frost: Agreed.

Sumner: What can we do about this?

J: Well, they're four guys... we're four guys, right?

Sewell: Yeah! We are!

Sumner: You have something there, J. Maybe we should team up and resist the "unstoppable Anti-Americans".

J: Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. We might also get our championships back in the meantime. But we'll need a catchy name. A catchier name than Anti-Americans.

Sewell: How about the Pro-Americans?

Frost: I suppose that gets the point across, but I'm not a big fan of that, Jeffrey.

Sumner: How about the American Coalition?

Everyone: Perfect.

Sumner: So we'll be the front lines against the foreign evil.

Baltimore: Looks like we've got an old fashioned war being staged here in NRVWA. What can possibly happen next?

E+

------

Final Show Rating: D-

OS OT Post Champ '11

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »