Home

The Wolf From Minsk

This is a discussion on The Wolf From Minsk within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: The Wolf From Minsk

RESPUBLIKA NEWS

Minsk, Belarus May 2012

HORVAT SUFFERS ANOTHER LOSS

Victor "The Wolf" Horvat suffered a career setback when he was handed yet another loss last night by one of the WFA's top-ranked middleweight, Dan Larson. Horvat is no stranger to defeat. He lost twice in 2011. Horvat is a stranger, however, to this type of loss. "The Wolf" was winning both of the fights he lost last year when he was caught in choke holds and forced to tap out. This loss was a different tune altogether as Horvat was dominated from start to brutal finish.
Larson set the tone for the fight early on by catching Horvat with a giant overhand right that sent him reeling toward the canvas. Horvat quickly recovered only to be knocked down again by another overhand right. Never one to back down, Horvat rose yet again to fight on.
Midway through the first round, Horvat found his rythym and began to break through Larson's solid defense with some punishing shots of his own. The tide of the bout began to shift in "The Wolf's" favor when Larson shot in to take Horvat to the mat to neutralize his striking game. The bell sounded to end the round with Horvat struggling to fend off Larson's submission attempts.
Round 2 started with both fighters showing evidence of the fight's brutal pace on their faces. Horvat was bleeding under both eyes and Larson's left eye was nearly swollen shut. Larson again took Horvat down and began to dominate with superior top control and a devastating ground and pound strategy.
Horvat was beginning to show signs of fatigue when Larson moved into a full mount position and ended the fight with a powerful hammer fist.
Larson had done what no one else thought possible, at least not anyone in the WFA: he stood toe-to-toe with "The Wolf" and came out the winner. Larson's solid defense, sturdy chin, and dominate ground game proved to be too much for Horvat.
The loss is the second in just three fights for Horvat, whose record is now 8-3. In February, Horvat knocked out Josh Freeman in the first round.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:24 AM   #10
Rookie

RESPUBLIKA NEWS

Minsk, Belarus August 2012

THE WOLF IS BACK ON THE PROWL

Victor Horvat is back at work in the gym just days after his first-round knockout victory over Josh Freeman. The win is Horvat's second over Freeman, whom he defeated in February also via first-round knockout.
Horvat, who trains in Croatia, immediately began training for his next match. The day after his win over Freeman, Horvat signed on to rematch Dan Larson. Larson won the first bout via knockout this past May.
The bout, set for November, will be a turning point in Horvat's career. Horvat (9-3 ranked #23 in the world) has just 2 fights left in his contract with the WFA. Another loss would likely remove any possibility of re-signing with the organization. On the other hand, a win could put "The Wolf" in a position to sign with the UFC. Just last year, UFC president Dana White made some less-than-flattering comments about Horvat during an interview with Fight Magazine. However, a win over a quality opponent such as Larson (12-3 ranked #22 in the world) may be all the proof White needs that Horvat is indeed ready for the UFC.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:13 AM   #11
Rookie

HORVAT VS LARSON

".... Welcome to our live coverage of the World Fighting Alliance. Tonight's main event features Minsk's own Victor "The Wolf" Horvat versus "Lethal" Dan Larson. The two men met earlier this year and the result was an explosive knockout win for Larson. Horvat vows he's a different fighter than the the guy Larson beat that night. He claims he has vastly improved his ground game and that Larson will not find it so easy this time around to control him on the mat. Larson, who fights out of Chicago, comes into the bout as the #22 ranked middleweight in the world with a record of 12-3. Horvat is ranked #23 with a record of 9-3. Both fighters measure up to each other well, but it is Horvat who has a slight advantage in both height and reach. Let's get to the action."

Round 1
Neither fighter comes out his corner cautiously as the action heats up immediately. It is Horvat who looks the polished striker and Larson struggling to find his range. Larson repeatedly shoots for the takedown but Horvat is having none of it as he fights him off each time. Larson seems to be focusing his attack on the body with kicks and strikes. Horvat is, as always, head-hunting. and then......
"... Larson is starting to get frustrated...... he has tried for the takedown several times but Horvat keeps defending it with the sprawl.... Horvat is doing a masterful job of keeping this fight standing but how much stamina does he have left?...... Whoa! What a big kick by Horvat but it's blocked by Larson and Larson takes him down!.... this is where Horvat didn't want to end up.... Larson tries to pass but Horvat stuffs it..... Larson is working the ground and pound now but he can't generate any power behind his punches from this angle.... Larson has his arm now!.... he's trying for a kimura!... if he gets it locked in it's over!..... but Horvat slips his arm out!.... Larson still has top control but there's not much time left in the round now.... Horvat survived the first test of this fight......

Round 2
"Larson is looking tired and he's still bleeding.... Horvat is bouncing around well and he's proving much more elusive than he did in their last fight... Horvat lands another counter punch... and another...... Larson shoots for the takedown!.... but Horvat stuffs it again..... Larson is going to ..... OH WHAT A BIG RIGHT HAND FROM HORVAT!..... HE'S OUT!..... LARSON IS OUT AT THE 4:28 MARK OF THE SECOND ROUND!..... VICTOR HORVAT HAS KNOCKED OUT DAN LARSON!.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #12
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Nice! this is really good man I can't wait for your next update
Old 06-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #13
Rookie

RESPUBLIKA NEWS

Minsk, Belarus April 2013

UFC BRINGS HORVAT ON BOARD

Moments after his knockout victory over Frank Hill, Victor Horvat was greeted by UFC president Dana White who offered "The Wolf" a chance to fight in the UFC. White, who went on record in 2011 to say that Horvat was nood good enough to fight in the UFC had to swallow his pride and admit he was wrong about Horvat.
"He's not even the same fighter I saw back then," said White. "All three of his losses are to guys he has come back and beaten in rematches. He's a fiercely determined guy. He doesn't like to lose, but when he does, he always finds a way to come back and beat them. We're pumped about having this guy come fight in the UFC because we know he'll bring that determination with him," added White.
First off for Horvat will be a tough test against the #17-ranked Patrick Cote in June. With just over 10 weeks till fight night, Horvat is back in Zagreb, Croatia preparing for the fight.
Horvat's WFA Career
Jake Carter W KO 1
Jeff Clayton W KO 1
Jake Carter W TKO 1
Marcello Cruz W KO 1
Frank Hill L SUB 1
Marcello Cruz W KO 1
Jeff Clayton W KO2
Brian Evans W KO 2
Chris Price L SUB 1
Josh Freeman W KO 1
Dan Larson L KO 2
Josh Freeman W KO 1
Dan Larson W KO 2
Chris Price W TKO 1
Frank Hill W KO 1
Old 06-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #14
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

Congrats you deserve it, nice 12-3 record. Wonder how good you'll do in the UFC?
Old 06-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya2724
Congrats you deserve it, nice 12-3 record. Wonder how good you'll do in the UFC?
thanks man. it's hard to say how i'm going to do in the UFC. if i can get guys to stand and trade with me, i'll fare pretty well. but, on the other hand, if i have to face a strong wrestler or BJJ guy, it's gonna be hard for me to win. we'll find out soon!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #16
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticboy25
thanks man. it's hard to say how i'm going to do in the UFC. if i can get guys to stand and trade with me, i'll fare pretty well. but, on the other hand, if i have to face a strong wrestler or BJJ guy, it's gonna be hard for me to win. we'll find out soon!
Yeah, is there a way to find out what kind of a fighter they are before you fight them? Yeah hopefully you won't get stuck fighting them... well atleast until you get a decent record that is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »