Home

Forever Blowing Bubbles: West Ham United Video Career Mode (FIFA 14)

This is a discussion on Forever Blowing Bubbles: West Ham United Video Career Mode (FIFA 14) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #145
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Forever Blowing Bubbles: West Ham United Video Career Mode (FIFA 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Are you at all concerned about the lack of progress from Luke Shaw this season?
For him not to progress at all, is a well, odd? Right?
As for Dos Santos, Not sure you can justify the wages he's going to command when he's in all reality a third choice CAM in your club. Plus I'm sure he'll be whining about PT. Grenier and Ravel for me are tops.
Anyway, again great season. I can't wait to see who was promoted.
It's really funny to read this comment because it's basically like my own thoughts were spewed out in front of me haha.

In terms of Shaw, I'm actually very happy with him so I'm not sure if maybe the game glitched or something along the lines of younger players start progressing when they're 20+ years old but he's actually been the better of my 2 fullbacks (despite Trippier increasing +3 to 76) and plays well above his rating as seen by him making the team of the season.

For Dos Santos, yeah that's basically the way I feel as well. As good of a player as he is and how nice a depth addition he would be, I don't know if I can justify him having joint top wages in the club (60K) with Grenier and Sam to be a guy that isn't in the starting lineup. Maybe if I can convince him to sign for 40K-50K max then I would consider it.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2014, 01:09 AM   #146
MVP

moose141's Arena

Season 3, Episode 1: New Season, New Budget

In this episode we make a decision on the Jonathan Dos Santos saga and then get a peek at our new transfer budget for the upcoming season along with the potential transfer targets for season 3.

Feel free to suggest your own ideas for transfer targets as they are always taken into consideration!

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
Old 07-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #147
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Tough expectations for YR3 but yeah, I would have passed on Dos Santos too. 60k a week is starter pay. I think you're good at ST (Carrol & Lacazette), LB (Shaw), GK (Adrien) and support attacking players (Grenier, Sam, Jarvis, Morrison). Any other position IMO could use an upgrade for a club that's in the Champions LEague.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #148
MVP

moose141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Tough expectations for YR3 but yeah, I would have passed on Dos Santos too. 60k a week is starter pay. I think you're good at ST (Carrol & Lacazette), LB (Shaw), GK (Adrien) and support attacking players (Grenier, Sam, Jarvis, Morrison). Any other position IMO could use an upgrade for a club that's in the Champions LEague.
Agreed, I think the only place I would also say that we are *for the most part* solid at is CB with Schar coming in (I think at either an 81/82) to pair with Reid (81) and then Tomkins (78) as a very solid next option. RB is a concern area as Trippier (76) has been very meh, but I'm not sure how much I want to shell out on a replacement... especially with CDM being my main concern and also Jese Rodriguez to fill us out on the wings since I'm 99.9% sure I can get him on the cheap.

I think Carvalho would be the best option honestly as long as Sporting don't want tooooo much for him. Not sure who else to look at in CDM as I do like CDM's with a bit of pace about them.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #149
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
Agreed, I think the only place I would also say that we are *for the most part* solid at is CB with Schar coming in (I think at either an 81/82) to pair with Reid (81) and then Tomkins (78) as a very solid next option. RB is a concern area as Trippier (76) has been very meh, but I'm not sure how much I want to shell out on a replacement... especially with CDM being my main concern and also Jese Rodriguez to fill us out on the wings since I'm 99.9% sure I can get him on the cheap.

I think Carvalho would be the best option honestly as long as Sporting don't want tooooo much for him. Not sure who else to look at in CDM as I do like CDM's with a bit of pace about them.
Yeah, outside of Tomkins & Winston Reid I couldn't really remember who you had, lol. The problem I've noticed with CB's in the game is that they often get injured because they're involved in so many collisions (in the air & on the ground). Luckily I have some guys that can play LB & CB so they can fill-in in a pinch. You can probably get Jese on the cheap because he's a lil under-valued in the game.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #150
MVP

moose141's Arena

Season 3, Episode 2: Transfer Spending Spree!

In this episode we get through the majority of the summer transfer window, with a couple of transfer sagas playing out and some new players coming into the club. What do you think of the new signings?

Old 08-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #151
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Some big-time signings moose. Your support attackers are really solid and pacey. Grenier should be ~20 assists next year if healthy. If I was nitpicking I'd say a quality experienced backup ST would be perfect in-case Carroll picks up a knock (knocks on wood). Wages seem like they might be an issue though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 11:36 PM   #152
MVP

moose141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Some big-time signings moose. Your support attackers are really solid and pacey. Grenier should be ~20 assists next year if healthy. If I was nitpicking I'd say a quality experienced backup ST would be perfect in-case Carroll picks up a knock (knocks on wood). Wages seem like they might be an issue though.
Thanks... yeah, that's really getting the team more towards my strength is nice and pacey wingers to complement the attack and give us plenty of options. I can't even describe how much Grenier has grown on me, he's just so strong on the ball and plays beautiful passes and is actually solid on the defensive front as well when called upon.

Agreed on the Carroll thoughts, I would love to bring in another young quality striker even just on a loan deal but I am not sure who I would go after and with some added wages that would most likely put the kibosh on any attempted deal for Yedlin or another RB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »