Home

"The Monday Night Wars...REIGNITED" WCW vs. WWE vs. ECW [A WWE2K19 Universe]

This is a discussion on "The Monday Night Wars...REIGNITED" WCW vs. WWE vs. ECW [A WWE2K19 Universe] within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2020, 02:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: "The Monday Night Wars...REIGNITED" WCW vs. WWE vs. ECW [A WWE2K19 Universe]

Summary of the first 3 months is up! Let me know what you think. I didn't get into every single minor feud because its a long read as it is.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:22 PM   #10
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: "The Monday Night Wars...REIGNITED" WCW vs. WWE vs. ECW [A WWE2K19 Universe]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravesFan9
Summary of the first 3 months is up! Let me know what you think. I didn't get into every single minor feud because its a long read as it is.
So, I loved every bit of it! I think out of it all the two main things I have super interest in is Raven vs. Undertaker and Shawn Michaels vs. AJ Styles as this is a much different AJ!

Super fun read, and I'm excited to see how everything goes!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2020, 02:44 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
So, I loved every bit of it! I think out of it all the two main things I have super interest in is Raven vs. Undertaker and Shawn Michaels vs. AJ Styles as this is a much different AJ!

Super fun read, and I'm excited to see how everything goes!

Thanks a lot, really nice to hear! I realized that I didn't add ECW's July rundown yet, so I'll be updating that post later today so I can then start posting actual shows week-by-week.

Raven vs. Undertaker is my favorite part of the Universe so far, too! That feud gets really good next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 11:04 AM   #12
Rookie

Updated post #4 to include the summary for ECW's July. Fully up to date now and will begin posting regular updates.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:17 AM   #13
Rookie

[PLEASE NOTE: At this point in the season, overall owner Vince McMahon has deemed that ECW's once-a-week programming isn't enough to support such a large roster, so he has decided that WCW and WWE will each receive two wrestlers from ECW's roster. WCW gets Batista and Disco Inferno, while WWE gets Diamond Dallas Page and Rikishi.]

WCW NITRO - AUGUST WEEK 1, YEAR 1

Quote:
RECAP: It's been two weeks since WCW's July PPV, Bash at the Beach, with two weeks remaining until their August PPV, Souled Out. After Triple H turned on Kevin Nash at BatB, potentially costing him the World Heavyweight Title, Triple H fully turned heel, explaining that in the 5-way match at the Great American Bash, Kevin Nash pinned Triple H to become the #1 contender. When it comes to Triple H and being the champion, nothing - not even years of close friendship - matters more. Nash is furious, and has been chomping at the bit to rip his former close friend's head off.

Meanwhile, Vader became the #1 contender at BatB, and has been coming
after the champ, Sting.

The Tag Team champs, Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart, are feuding with nWo Wolfpac members Lex Luger and Konnan

Rey Mysterio got a shot at Mr. Perfect's U.S. Title on an episode of Thunder, and took it to Hennig. Mr. Perfect won in the end, but attacked Rey after the match for making him look silly multiple times during the contest.

The heel Cruiserweight champion Christopher Daniels, after dispatching Kidman at BatB, is quite full of himself, arrogantly "testing" opponents and looking for his next victim.

Shane Douglas has been running his mouth about The Rock, saying that he's the better wrestler, better with the mic, and should be the bigger star. Meanwhile, Tazz and Ric Flair have engaged in a war of words centered around their generation gap and each wrestler's respective ability to make others submit.

The recently formed team of Goldust and The Godfather have developed a rivalry of sorts with The Impact Players, as the prim and proper Lance Storm has taken umbrage with the humorous, line-pushing antics of the G&G combo.
This edition of Nitro opens with Triple H coming out to the ring and calling out Kevin Nash. The Game reminisces about his long friendship with Kevin Nash, the fun times they both had was members of "The Kliq," and everything Nash taught the up-and-coming Triple H back in the day:

Triple H: "But Kevin, the sad reality is - sad for you, anyway - is that while you may have been the bigger star back then, these days, all of the chumps in the back and all of these idiots watching now all too well that I AM THE GAME, AND I AM THAT DAMN GOOD...and that damn better than you! I'm the bigger star, the bigger draw, and the bigger talent. I've got more drive and more ambition, too. I have eagle eye focus on one thing and one thing ONLY - to be the best in this business, and to make sure everyone knows it by having the World Heavyweight Championship belt strapped around my waist. Hitting you in the face with that steel chair, costing you the chance at pinning Sting...that was me sending you and everyone in this company a message: nothing is going to stand between me and that strap. Not even you and our friendship."

The familiar theme of the nWo Wolfpac hits, and Kevin Nash walks out onto the stage with a microphone, interrupting Triple H]

Kevin Nash: "Hunter, I got good news for you! You don't have to worry about our friendship getting in the way of your pursuit for the World title, because that's over and done. But what you do have to worry about is a much bigger obstacle that's suddenly appeared in your way: me! I want that belt just as bad as you do, pal, but right now, my focus has shifted to one thing and one thing only: beating your arrogant, traitorous ***. I already talked to Bischoff; you and me, Trips, we're going to meet face-to-face in that ring at Souled Out. But I don't want to just pin you; I want to hurt you. So that ring is going to be inside a steel cage. And let's see just how damn good you are when you've got 7' of angry diesel coming at you. I'm going to run you down and run you over, Trips, and I can't wait!"

Nash drops the mic and walks back behind the curtain, with Triple H fuming in the ring.

MATCH 1: Goldust v. Justin Credible (hardcore rules)
Goldust is able to defeat Justin Credible. After the match, Credible's tag team partner, Lance Storm attacks Goldust, but Goldust fights him off and send both Impact Players scrambling back up the ramp.

Rey Mysterio is in the ring, and he calls out U.S. Heavyweight champ Mr. Perfect. After several confrontations, their budding rivalry jumps a level as Rey challenges Perfect to give him a shot at the belt at the upcoming Souled Out PPV. Mr. Perfect says he will think about it.

MATCH 2: Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart v. Lex Luger
Anvil is able to score the victory as his tag team partner, Bret Hart comes to ringside mid-match and distracts both Luger and the referee several times, allowing Neidhart to gain an advantage.

The Rock cuts a promo about Shane Douglas:

The Rock: "...but The Rock is tired of your constant mouth-running, Shane Douglas. The Rock is tired of hearing you say you're a better wrestler than The Rock, that you're more entertaining than The Rock, that you're more talented than The Rock, and that you should be the bigger star than The Rock. The only thing you, Shane Douglas, are better at than The Rock is being a whining candyass bitch. Quite simply, The Rock is a bigger star than you BECAUSE he's more talented, a better wrestler, and just as certain as death and taxes, The Rock is damn sure more entertaining than you are. So The Rock says to you, Shane Douglas...Know Your Role AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!"

Match 3: Jeff Hardy v. Rey Mysterio
This is an epic contest, possibly the best Nitro match of the year, as both competitors give it their all, each hitting multiple signature and finishing moves and each resiliently kicking out time and again. Ultimately, Jeff Hardy comes out on top after Mr. Perfect interferes and attacks Rey Mysterio while Jeff is out of it.

After the match, Mr. Perfect grabs the mic and tells Rey he's got his US Title shot at Souled Out.

Vader, the #1 contender for the World Heavyweight Title, calls out champion Sting. With the two men standing face-to-face, the championship belt across Stings shoulder, Vader reminds him of all of the battles the two have had in the past.

Vader: "...but as the years have passed, Stinger, I've learned more and more that when it comes to anyone who gets in my way, I can't let any opportunity to crush them go to waist."

Vader attacks Sting and beats him down over several minutes before WCW officials finally restrain him, all while the #1 contender screams "IT'S VADER TIME" menacingly.

Match 4: La Parka v. Christopher Daniels (WCW Cruiserweight Championship)
Daniels makes quick work of La Parka to retain the belt.

Daniels then grabs the microphone and talks about how he is the class of the cruiswerweight division, and challenges anyone in the back to prove otherwise.

Ultimo Dragon appears with a microphone. He doesn't speak English very well, and he doesn't have all that much to say except that when the time is right, he will be happy to show Daniels all about in-ring superiority.

Match 5: Harlem Heat v. Kronik
Harlem Heat win this one as Booker T hits Brian Adams with the scissors kick and the 1-2-3.

Lance Storm, who got embarrassed earlier in the evening after running out to attack Goldust, and he's out in the center of the ring with a microphone. He complains about how Goldust and The Godfather make a mockery of this sport, one that he has given his life to for years. He calls out Goldust, who answers the challenge. They exchange words and then brawl in the ring before being seperated.

Match 6: The Rock v. Vader
Vader takes the victory after Shane Douglas interferes mid-match, hitting The Rock with the Pittsburgh Plunge.

Match 7: Kevin Nash v. Tazz
Kevin Nash enters the ring first. Then as Tazz makes his way down the ramp, Triple H appears behind him and hits him in the back with a steel chair. Tiple H runs to the ring, and he and Nash brawl. Nitro ends with officials separating the two former friends.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:49 AM   #14
Rookie

[PLEASE NOTE: At this point in the season, overall owner Vince McMahon has deemed that ECW's once-a-week programming isn't enough to support such a large roster, so he has decided that WCW and WWE will each receive two wrestlers from ECW's roster. WCW gets Batista and Disco Inferno, while WWE gets Diamond Dallas Page and Rikishi.]

WWE RAW - AUGUST WEEK 1, YEAR 1

Quote:
RECAP: It's been three weeks since WWE's July PPV, Vengeance, with one week remaining until their signature August PPV, Summerslam. After Goldberg beat Sycho Sid for the WWE Championship at Vengeance, Stone Cold Steve Austin made it clear that it was time for the two to meet in the match that wrestling fans had been dreaming of for years.

At Vengeance, The Union (tag team featuring Kurt Angle and The Patriot) met The Nation of Domination's Faarooq and Mark Henry, with whom they had been feuding in a controversial rivalry that went beyond the wrestling ring and into the headlines of the day, in a contest for the WWE Tag Team Titles. The Union won the match, but by countout, so the Nation retained the titles. On the first Raw after Vengeance, the two teams met again, but Kurt Angle turned on The Patriot, attacking him during the match and leaving him to face the Nation alone. The Nation won the match, while Angle later explained his heel turn by saying that he was tired of losing, that The Union had been unable to defeat The Nation over the course of several months, and that was all due to The Patriot's weaknesses. Kurt Angle was an Olympic Gold Medalist, a hero, and a winner, while The Patriot, like most other Americans, was just a loser.

Content that The Union was falling apart while The Nation continued to stand strong, Faarooq found a new cause for The Nation to get behind: taking down Hollywood Hulk Hogan and the nWo. Faarooq bemoaned that Hogan had become Mr. Money in the Bank at WWE's June PPV event a month earlier, while Faarooq didn't even get a chance to be in the match, and attributed that to Hogan's privilege and years' worth of using his advantages to get ahead. This has resulted in a bitter feud developing between Faarooq and Hogan, with their fellow Nation and nWo members along for the ride. They will meet in a 4-on-4 tag team match at Summerslam with an intriguing set of stipulations. If The Nation wins, Faarooq will get a one-on-one shot at Hogan with the Money in the Bank suitcase on the line, while another Nation member will get to challenge Scott Hall for the Intercontinental Title. If the nWo wins, they will get a chance to challenge Faarooq and Mark Henry for the Tag Team Championship belts.

After weeks of Raven criticizing and mocking The Undertaker, the Dead Man defeated him at Vengeance to capture the Hardcore championship, putting Raven in his place...or so he thought. On the first Raw after Vengeance, Raven challenged the Undertaker to a rematch that night. In a match that instantly became the front runner for match of the year, Raven shocked the world by defeating The Undertaker in a long, brutal match that featured the rivals beating the hell out of one another through one backstage area after another. Raven hit The Undertaker with finishing move after finishing move until ultimately throwing The Phenom off the top of a tractor trailer. It was an incredible match that humbled the Undertaker and set up a Summerslam Hell in a Cell rematch.

Chris Jericho lost the Intercontinental Title to Scott Hall at Vengeance, but demanded a rematch for the belt on the first Raw after the PPV, challenging Hall to participate in the match he made famous - the ladder match. But Hall again came out on top when Diamond Dallas Page made his WWE debut by giving Y2J a Diamond Cutter, setting up a rivalry between Jericho and the heel DDP.

The Great Muta and Samoa Joe have developed a rivalry based on their respective reputations as master grapplers. The clash widened to include Jushin "Thunder" Liger assisting Muta, and a heel-turning Glacier - shedding his cartoony image from the past and showing himself to be a serious grappler with a martial arts background - aligning with Joe.

Ernest "The Cat Miller" has started coming after X-Pac and the WWE Light Heavyweight Championship.
The final Raw before Summerslam gets underway with Stone Cold Steve Austion making his way to the ring, where he discusses that his opponent in the Summerslam main event, Goldberg, will be one of Austin's tag team partners later this night - along with Chris Jericho - in a six-man tag against Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page and Sycho Sid. Austin calls Goldberg out to the ring and tells him that he will be a good soldier tonight because the Rattlesnake is out to win every single time he steps into the squared circle, but that at Summerslam, he was finally going to do what he's wanted to for years now - kick Goldberg's ***. The two stand nose to nose as the show goes to its first commercial break.

MATCH 1: Hugh Morrus v. The Great Muta
This match never happens, as Glacier attacks Muta on his way down the ramp. Muta, however, easily dispatches Glacier.

The Undertaker makes his way to the ring with Paul Bearer by his side and discusses his upcoming rematch with Raven at Summerslam, conceding that he has gained some respect for his opponent and explaining that this is about much more than the Hardcore championship.

The Undertaker: "...and I am man enough to stand here tonight and admit that three weeks ago on Raw, you stood up to me in a way that few have ever been man enough to. It took absolutely everything you had, but you beat me, Raven. I did beat you first, but you were man enough to come back at me and take back that Hardcore Championship belt. I thought you were nothing more than a nuisance trying to make a name for yourself by coming after the biggest dog in this yard, but you've got my respect. Others have beaten me in the past, however, and I've still come back to bury them. And while you may be a master when it comes to hardcore matches, this Sunday at Summerslam, you'll be stepping into my domain. You'll be stepping into my Hell in a Cell, and that is where The Undertaker buries the bodies, Raven. That's where I'm going to bury you, because this isn't about that Hardcore Championship belt. There's only one strap in this world that means something to me, and that ain't it. That belt looks like trash, and as far as I'm concerned, it might as well be. This Hell in a Cell match isn't about that. It's about me reminding you and everyone else that this is MY world, and here, you may win a battle, but you will not win a war. Not with The Undertaker. Knowing that we'll be meeting in that Hell in a Cell means that right now, I'm not the only Dead Man Walking. But come this Sunday, I'll be the only left, because you will Rest In Peace."

MATCH 2: Psychosis v. Ernest "The Cat" Miller
Psychosis gets the win by disqualification, after he had The Cat on the ropes, only for Miller to execute a low blow that he mistakenly thought the referee wouldn't notice.

After the match, The Cat grabs a mic and says that somebody better call his mama, because he just got robbed. But he says that at Summerslam, when he faces X-Pac for the Light Heavyweight Championship, he's the one who will be doing the stealing because he will take that belt home. X-Pac runs out and the two brawl briefly.

Match 3: The Nation of Domination (Mark Henry/D'Lo Brown/Owen Hart) v. nWo Hollywood (Scott Hall/Jeff Jarrett/Buff Bagwell) - 6-man tag team match

In a preview of the upcoming 8-man tag team contest between the two factions at Summerslam, The Nation comes out on top

After the match, Hollywood Hulk Hogan comes down and calls out Faarooq, and after words are exchanged, the two groups have a mid-ring staredown

Match 4: Samoa Joe v. British Bulldog
Samoa Joe is able to defeat British Bulldog, even after The Great Muta appeared in the ring while the referee was distracted and hit him with a Michinoku Driver.

A petulant Kurt Angle makes his way to the ring with microphone in hand and calls out his former tag team partner, The Patriot. On the previous episode of Smackdown, the former partners faced off one-on-one for the first time since Angle turned on The Patriot during a tag team title match several weeks earlier, and it was The Patriot who came out on top. That didn't sit well with Angle, who'd proclaimed that his former partner was a loser and the reason that their partnership hadn't resulted in any championships. The Patriot tells Angle he would be happy to give him a rematch that same night.

Match 5: Raven v. Mankind (WWE Hardcore Championship)
Raven retains his championship, but not without taking some punishment at the hands of the deranged Mankind. After the match Raven eyes The Undertaker on the stage, staring menacingly.

DDP calls Chris Jericho out to the ring and explains that when Vince McMahon transferred him from ECW to WWE several weeks ago, he knew he had to come in and make an immediate impact.

DDP: "...after all, I was the new kid on the block, and throughout my career, I've been the one who's been overlooked. No matter how many times I've risen beyond the expectations and proven myself, I've still been overlooked. I've done it all, reached the highest peaks, and I've done it all with a positive attitude and a smile on my face. And what have I gotten in return since McMahon devised this whole set up? Buried in ECW with no opportunity, and re-assigned to WWE like a throw-in in a mid-season basketball trade. Just like I always have, I know I'm going to have to make my own opportunities. I knew I needed to arrive in WWE with a BANG! What better way then to show these fans that you, Chris Jericho - one of the most popular members of the WWE roster, their beloved hero - can't even hold my jock. I'm going to give them a glimpse of it during our tag match tonight, and this Sunday at Summerslam, I'm going to make sure you FEEL THE BANG, Jericho!"

The two exchange more words as Raw takes a commercial break.

Match 6: Kurt Angle v. The Patriot

In the second meeting between the former tag team partners, The Patriot again comes out on top, leaving Angle fuming mad. Angle tries to attack The Patriot after the match, but The Patriot counters and clotheslines him over the top rope and out of the ring. Angle turns beet red, screaming at The Patriot that they will meet again at Summerslam, and he will make his former partner tap.

Match 7: Goldberg/Stone Cold Steve Austin/Chris Jericho v. Sycho Sid/Diamond Dallas Page/Bam Bam Bigelow - 6-man tag team match

Goldberg, Austin and Jericho win the match, but not without some tag team tension between Goldberg and Austin, who chastise one another throughout the match about strategic differences and missed tag opportunities. As Raw ends, Jericho and DDP brawl on the outside while Stone Cold Steve Austin and Goldberg get to nose to nose again and exchange words.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:20 PM   #15
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Great couple of shows! It's kinda weird seeing some guys on different shows than I'm used to, but I think that's what is making this super enjoyable!

Loving it!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2020, 12:14 PM   #16
Rookie

ECW HARDCORE TV - AUGUST WEEK 1, YEAR 1

Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar are in the ring to kick off Hardcore TV in the wake of The Next Big Thing retaining his ECW Championship by defeating Scott Steiner at the previous PPV, CyberSlam. Heyman kicks things off by announcing that ECW's next PPV event would be live from the Tokyo Dome in Japan, and as such, he was going to make sure this was an event for the ages. He moved on to mention that Rob Van Dam - who won the ECW TV Title at CyberSlam, will be a fighting champion, and will defend his belt every week. Jerry Lynn, who earned a TV Title shot at CyberSlam, will face RVD next week, while tonight, there would be an 8-man elimination battle royale to determine who would have a TV Title Shot against the winner of the RVD-Lynn match the following week.

With that business settled, Heyman starts hyping up the fact that Lesnar is still the champion, but before he gets too far, Scott Steiner hits the stage. He says that he's going to do something he's never done before - admit that he may not be the best or the toughest after again being beaten by Lesnar a few days earlier. Still, if Lesnar is really so tough, there should be no reason why Steiner shouldn't have one more shot at him. Heyman begins to vehemently shut down any discussion of another re-match, but Lesnar cuts him off and says that he will fight Steiner any time, any where. Steiner says there is no reason then why they can't go toe-to-toe tonight, and Lesnar says it would be his pleasure to kick Steiner's *** again, much to the chagrin of Heyman.

MATCH 1: D-Von Dudley v. Fit Finlay
D-Von defeats the Irishman in a tough match that highlights the ECW "extreme rules" style.

Shawn Michaels comes out to the ring and says that he, like most of the fans, was pretty stunned that the he lost at CyberSlam to AJ Styles. He admits that Styles - who said he was better, stronger and younger than HBK - might have a point. Michaels says that while he's sure Styles has his sights set on competing for the ECW Title now that he's riding high after his victory, he thinks he should consider that the two of them have unfinished business. After all, Styles may have won the last match, but Michaels won their first battle a month earlier at the Mayhem PPV in June. The score was 1-1, so they needed to meet one more time to settle the score and see who the better man and the better worker really is.

Styles meets Michaels in the ring and says he knows he's the better man, the better worker, and the bigger showstopper, and that if beating Michaels one more time would shut HBK up and force him to realize that his time in the spotlight was fading fast, Styles would be more than happy to face go down as the man who broke the Heartbreak Kid's spirit once and for all.

MATCH 2: Dean Malenko v. Blitzkrieg
Malenko takes the victory, using his experience and his technical mat skills to intelligently ground the highflying Blitzkrieg, grinding and wearing the exciting young cruiserweight down into submission.

Match 3: Edge & Christian v. LWO (Eddie Guerrero/Chavo Guerrero)

As they make their way down the ramp, Edge and Christian are attacked by Gangrel and Vampiro, who defeated them for the Tag Team Titles at CyberSlam. After the beat down, The Brood rolls Edge & Christian into the ring and the match still takes place. To everyone's surprise, however, Edge & Christian find a way to defeat the Guerreros, vowing to get vengeance on the rival Brood.

Match 4: Vampiro v. Juventud Guerrera
Vampiro, one half of the ECW Tag Team champions, notches the victory by using his size and power advantage to overcome The Juice.

Match 5: Tommy Dreamer vs. Chris Benoit vs. Kanyon vs. Saturn vs. JBL vs. Sabu vs. Brian Pillman vs. Doink - 8-man elimination battle royale for match with TV champion in 2 weeks

The last 3 men remaining in the match are the previous 3 TV champions - Sabu, Kanyon and Tommy Dreamer. Ultimately, Dreamer outlasts 7 men and earns the shot at the belt 2 weeks from now.

Match 6: AJ Styles v. Jerry Lynn

Before locking horns with RVD for the TV Title next week, Lynn is set to face Styles. But The Phenomenal One gets a taste of his own medicine when Shawn Michaels attacks him before the match, paying him back for interfering in HBK's matches during previous episodes of Hardcore TV. Despite the attack, Styles is able to eventually overcome Lynn in a showdown of very different but exciting technical styles.

Before Brock Lesnar meets Scott Steiner in the main event, Lesnar's stablemate in The Industry, Hayabusa, comes out to the ring. Despite his broken English, he conveys that the upcoming PPV event in Tokyo was very important to him, and he was going to steal the show in his homeland. Hayabusa explains that Paul Heyman has given him permission to book himself in a match for the event with anyone who is not otherwise preoccupied. As a result, he is watching everyone on the roster, and would soon announce who his opponent would be for the Tokyo Dome PPV event.

Match 7: Brock Lesnar v. Scott Steiner (ECW Championship)

In the third singles meeting between Lesnar and Big Poppa Pump, the challenger takes it to the champion like never before. Steiner is relentless, using his Rolodex of suplexes and power moves to try and stop the beastly Lesnar. But just when it seemed like Lesnar was on the ropes, and Steiner prepared to slap on the Steiner Recliner, Lesnar countered into an F5 out of nowhere and won for the third time. Steiner loses it afterwards, destroying everything he can get his hands on at ringside in an explosion of rage while an exhausted Lesnar makes his way up the ramp with the belt, smiling and screaming that anytime Steiner wants, Lesnar will be happy to beat him down and show him who the man is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »